Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: David Bell Needs to...Stay?

Re: David Bell Needs to...Stay?

Bell made many mistakes today, but most were motivated by the flawed roster he has. Bell may be a good manager if given a good roster, but he definitely is not a good manager with a mediocre roster.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Theory was better off with AG v Freeman, lefty on lefty, than Ozuna and other RHHs.

That AG could strike out Freeman lefty on lefty.

It might be a good theory but not against Freeman who’s MVP caliber these days.
    Also, it theoretically allowed Garrett to work Freeman out of the zone because the bases weren't loaded. Didn't work, but that probably was the best way out of the inning.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

4. Likes:

Kc61 (09-30-2020),Revering4Blue (10-01-2020),Ron Madden (10-01-2020),westofyou (09-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    If you get Freeman out you still have to face Ozuna most likely.
    Exactly. There are no good options, but I would avoid facing the season’s MVP in such a crucial situation at all costs.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Also, it theoretically allowed Garrett to work Freeman out of the zone because the bases weren't loaded. Didn't work, but that probably was the best way out of the inning.
    The announcer just got done saying the shadows are really affecting Freeman, so I thought - great, sliders out of the zone and he will bite.

And we go right down the middle.

Now granted, this is the same AG who in the offseason who said he just aims for the middle of the plate not knowing where it will go....

Question: If David Bell's contract were up today, would ANY other MLB team hire him as a manager this offseason?

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    If you get Freeman out you still have to face Ozuna most likely.
    Sure, but it makes no sense to walk Freeman if Garrett is who is left in the bullpen. You can always walk Ozuna.

Regardless, it wasn't a good situation.

It was a laughable offensive performance today, many to blame, including Bell.

But he’s likely not getting fired, he helped the team rally to the playoffs.

Just get ‘em tomorrow. (If not, then sometime next year.)

10. Likes:

Patrick Bateman (09-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Question: If David Bell's contract were up today, would ANY other MLB team hire him as a manager this offseason?
    Maybe, Gabe Kapler wasn't really any good but somehow got another job right away.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

12. Likes:

bm1475 (09-30-2020)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Stay. Go.

It doesn’t matter.

You could have Tony LaRussa managing, the Yankees Murderer’s Row lineup, and the 90s Braves rotations and this franchise would still find exciting ways to fail.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

14. Likes:

Ron Gant (09-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    The announcer just got done saying the shadows are really affecting Freeman, so I thought - great, sliders out of the zone and he will bite.

And we go right down the middle.

Now granted, this is the same AG who in the offseason who said he just aims for the middle of the plate not knowing where it will go....
    The two-strike pitch definitely was the problem. Had him set up to chase a 1-2 pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    Sure, but it makes no sense to walk Freeman if Garrett is who is left in the bullpen. You can always walk Ozuna.
    And they probably would have issued the pass to Ozuna with the largely useless bat of Tyler Flowers coming up after him.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

16. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-01-2020),Coopdaddy67 (09-30-2020),Patrick Bateman (09-30-2020),Revering4Blue (10-01-2020)

So many problems I had with this game. The Davidson ph and double steal was bad. That was my 2nd time getting angry in the game, the first being the way Votto batted in the 1st with our first 2 hitters on base.

But when Winker got the hit and we had runners on 1st and 3rd, I knew when they pinch ran for Winker it was going to come back to bite us. Here we are in the 13th inning and all our hopes fell on Garcia with 2 outs and the bases loaded. If you got a lefty in the DH spot against a starting left handed pitcher, you leave him in for the full game when runs are not being scored. Take your chances with the double play rather than what we've seen over and over and that's the absolute worst batter up in an rbi situation with 2 outs in what turns out to be our final AB.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Stay. Go.

It doesn’t matter.

You could have Tony LaRussa managing, the Yankees Murderer’s Row lineup, and the 90s Braves rotations and this franchise would still find exciting ways to fail.
    This would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragically true.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Probably only if their first 7 or 8 choices all said no. There wouldn't be a line, that's for sure. The double steal gaffe may have cost him any chance at future jobs in MLB. I think he only made it to this postseason on the back of Trevor Bauer.

Should of never had to resort to managerial decisions. Too many opportunities to score runs to fault a manager for a couple calls. Bad base running and not even any contact when needed.
    May the Lord bless

Quote Originally Posted by foster15 View Post
    But when Winker got the hit and we had runners on 1st and 3rd, I knew when they pinch ran for Winker it was going to come back to bite us. Here we are in the 13th inning and all our hopes fell on Garcia with 2 outs and the bases loaded. If you got a lefty in the DH spot against a starting left handed pitcher, you leave him in for the full game when runs are not being scored. Take your chances with the double play rather than what we've seen over and over and that's the absolute worst batter up in an rbi situation with 2 outs in what turns out to be our final AB.
    This all day. It's what drove me crazy about Bell early in the season too. Removing crucial bats that you end up needing later for a speedier, but far less capable hitting replacement. If you have a good station-to-station hitting team who regularly get guys over and in, it might be worth the occasional gamble. But the Reds don't, and almost always strand that speedier guy on base. Then you're screwed when you really need that good hitter again later and have to rely on the Travis Janikowskis instead.

22. Likes:

Boss-Hog (09-30-2020),foster15 (09-30-2020),Rolando (09-30-2020),The Operator (10-01-2020)

Turn Off Ads?