Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 9-22-20 Reds vs Brewers

Re: 9-22-20 Reds vs Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    we literally do not have a single hitter that we can count on in the lineup.....our best hitters are league average and would not start for many playoff teams
    Looking at the lineup every day and seeing those averages is kind of disappointing. I thought last years offense was bad.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    That means Goodwin will.
    I’d legit consider starting Lorenzen in CF tomorrow. If for no other reason than to send a message. He can’t possibly do any worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    we literally do not have a single hitter that we can count on in the lineup.....our best hitters are league average and would not start for many playoff teams
    which is why this is the worst offense i've ever seen. Definitely the worst for the Reds. They are absolutely dreadful and need an absolute overhaul. STOP drafting pitching and start drafting hitting. I swear good pitchers are a dime a dozen nowadays but it's extremely difficult to find elite hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I mean, Garcia is sporting a higher average than both Suarez and Senzel.

This is not a good lineup.
    Agreed its a horrible hitting team, but at least Galvis has a chance at hitting a HR. And I'm no fan of Galvin either

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama Red View Post
    Looking at the lineup every day and seeing those averages is kind of disappointing. I thought last years offense was bad.
    I'm still trying to figure out how a bunch of average career hitters can all be hot garbage in the same year. Its gotta be a team/coaching thing, right?

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Red View Post
    which is why this is the worst offense i've ever seen. Definitely the worst for the Reds. They are absolutely dreadful and need an absolute overhaul. STOP drafting pitching and start drafting hitting. I swear good pitchers are a dime a dozen nowadays but it's extremely difficult to find elite hitting.
    6 of our last 8 first round draft picks have been hitters.

8. Likes:

SirFelixCat (09-22-2020)

I would say fire the hitting coach but we tried that already.

I’m thinking this is a bad organizational philosophy being painfully exposed. I dunno, maybe not. Maybe it’s bad luck being magnified in a short season. But either way, it’s sucks like hell to watch play out when your playoff hopes are hanging in the balance.

Sigh. Regroup and win tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

10. Likes:

SirFelixCat (09-22-2020)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

If we miss the playoffs, this game...this one right here...is going to be the one I remember.

Man, this stinks.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

12. Likes:

WVRedsFan (09-22-2020)

Homer Bailey went for the Twins tonight. 5 days from now will be Sunday, against the Reds. Last game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by bing View Post
    Is there no one better than garcia to bat here? This is one of those times where a HR is needed...
    Garcia was right on that first pitch fastball and not far off on the other swings.

15. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-22-2020)

We have Bauer tomorrow. Mahle and Lorenzen Friday. Castillo Saturday. Gray and Bauer both Sunday. We'll be ok.

17. Likes:

SirFelixCat (09-22-2020)

Garcia has 1 walk in 95 plate appearances. He has no extra-base hits, while striking out 40% of the time. Sending him up to hit with two outs in the 9th, trailing by one run, is the very definition of desperate.
    Last edited by texasdave; 09-22-2020 at 09:33 PM.

19. Likes:

REDREAD (09-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by bing View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how a bunch of average career hitters can all be hot garbage in the same year. Its gotta be a team/coaching thing, right?
    It’s perplexing. One could argue that Castellanos is the only one who has had a decent year.

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    We have Bauer tomorrow. Mahle and Lorenzen Friday. Castillo Saturday. Gray and Bauer both Sunday. We'll be ok.
    You’re assuming Bell won’t try to be smart and throw Antone or Jones for an inning. He may even rush Thornburg back for an inning. Don’t forget about Bob.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Garcia has 1 walk in 95 plate appearances. He has no extra-base hits, while striking out 40% of the time. Sending him with two outs in the 9th, trailing by one run, is the very definition of desperate.
    I’d call it blatantly stupid, a termination-worthy offense, or baseball malpractice. And Stephenson should not be the freaking DH.

That B9 was over before it started. All because Bell tinkered his roster to death during the game.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

23. Likes:

TexasRedsFan (09-22-2020)

Turn Off Ads?