Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Could Casali be an every day catcher?

Could Casali be an every day catcher?

He’s never really had the chance but he has a lot of power. In his career he’s hit 37 HR in basically 1.5 years worth of at bats. He walks a good bit and I think his batting average would get better with more consistent playing time. He struggles against RH pitching average wise but the power is still there against righties. He doesn’t really fit in with the Reds next year but I’d like to see him sign somewhere and get a shot at being the starting catcher. I think he could hit 240 with a 340 OBP and maybe 24-25 HRs. That may be a little optimistic but I think he could do ok.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Could Casali be an every day catcher?

No, he's a guy who should max out at about 250 PAs in a season.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

4. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (09-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    No, he's a guy who should max out at about 250 PAs in a season.
    To be fair, that's almost every catcher. There's a point, maybe 350-400 PAs, where even the best of them start to peter out. So, I agree the Reds are probably getting the best out of Curt Casali right now, but I don't think it's just a Curt Casali thing.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

6. Likes:

dfs (09-22-2020)

Yes. Every Day Castillo Pitches.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?