Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 822

Thread: 9-23-20 Reds vs Brewers

  1. #1
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    11,974

    9-23-20 Reds vs Brewers

    First Pitch 6:40

    Reds
    1. Shogo Akiyama (L) CF
    2. Nick Castellanos (R) RF
    3. Joey Votto (L) 1B
    4. Eugenio Suarez (R) 3B
    5. Mike Moustakas (L) 2B
    6. Jesse Winker (L) DH
    7. Aristides Aquino (R) LF
    8. Freddy Galvis (S) SS
    9. Tucker Barnhart (L) C
    SP Trevor Bauer (R)


    Brewers
    1. Avisail Garcia (R) CF
    2. Christian Yelich (L) LF
    3. Jedd Gyorko (R) 1B
    4. Daniel Vogelbach (L) DH
    5. Keston Hiura (R) 2B
    6. Jace Peterson (L) RF
    7. Orlando Arcia (R) SS
    8. Eric Sogard (L) 3B
    9. Jacob Nottingham (R) C
    SP Adrian Houser (R)
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 09-23-2020 at 03:25 PM.


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member NebraskaRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,270

    Re: 9-23-20 Reds vs Brewers

    I have more confidence that the Reds will do better against Houser than I was against Anderson last night.

    Fingers crossed.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    73

    Re: 9-23-20 Reds vs Brewers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    First Pitch 6:40

    Reds
    1. Shogo Akiyama (L) CF
    2. Nick Castellanos (R) RF
    3. Joey Votto (L) 1B
    4. Eugenio Suarez (R) 3B
    5. Mike Moustakas (L) 2B
    6. Jesse Winker (L) DH
    7. Aristides Aquino (R) LF
    8. Freddy Galvis (S) SS
    9. Tucker Barnhart (L) C
    SP Trevor Bauer (R)


    Brewers

    SP Adrian Houser (R)
    Aquino against a righty is interesting. Sign of no confidence in Senzel or Goodwin right now?

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    28,770

    Re: 9-23-20 Reds vs Brewers

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRedsFan View Post
    Aquino against a righty is interesting. Sign of no confidence in Senzel or Goodwin right now?
    Offense over CF defense.

    Probably good idea, hope it works.

  6. #5
    Member forfreelin04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Beavercreek, OH
    Posts
    1,377

    Re: 9-23-20 Reds vs Brewers

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRedsFan View Post
    Aquino against a righty is interesting. Sign of no confidence in Senzel or Goodwin right now?
    Just speculating here, but Goodwin and Senzel faltered in important AB's last night. Senzel twice. Senzel definitely doesn't look the same post Covid. His bat was super quick in the zone earlier in the year.

    I get that Aquino provides that pop the others don't, but he looked pretty awful last night sans the first inning error. He lunges at pitches often. Personally, I would have started Shogo against the lefty. He's just too pesky hitting in front of the big boys. I also would have pinch hit Shogo against Williams instead of Goodwin which was a huge AB in the game.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    7

    Re: 9-23-20 Reds vs Brewers

    This game is pretty much the season. With the tie breaker rules a loss here drastically reduces our chances of getting in. If we lose we’re talking about having to sweep the Twins and hoping everyone else loses every game. That’s a little exaggeration but not far off.

  8. Likes:

    CaiGuy (09-23-2020)

  9. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Reds Diaspora
    Posts
    2,026

    Re: 9-23-20 Reds vs Brewers

    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama Red View Post
    This game is pretty much the season. With the tie breaker rules a loss here drastically reduces our chances of getting in. If we lose we’re talking about having to sweep the Twins and hoping everyone else loses every game. That’s a little exaggeration but not far off.
    Exactly this.

    We've been saying "this is a must win game" every day for weeks now, so it might be overstated.

    But I really think this is that game. I think the loser of this game might be going home after the weekend.

  10. #8
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Titletown, FL
    Posts
    6,045

    Re: 9-23-20 Reds vs Brewers

    Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    Just speculating here, but Goodwin and Senzel faltered in important AB's last night. Senzel twice. Senzel definitely doesn't look the same post Covid. His bat was super quick in the zone earlier in the year.

    I get that Aquino provides that pop the others don't, but he looked pretty awful last night sans the first inning error. He lunges at pitches often. Personally, I would have started Shogo against the lefty. He's just too pesky hitting in front of the big boys. I also would have pinch hit Shogo against Williams instead of Goodwin which was a huge AB in the game.
    Aquino didn't look much better at the plate and also made a bad play in the OF.

    If it were my choice, I'd have AA out, Winker in the field and Galvis or Farmer DH'ing.
    I'm just going to go find a cash machine.

  11. Likes:

    forfreelin04 (09-23-2020)

  12. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Reds Diaspora
    Posts
    2,026

    Re: 9-23-20 Reds vs Brewers

    Farmer is a bad hitter.

    His only use is versitily, there's way more upside in starting...anybody else...at DH.

  13. #10
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    11,974

    Re: 9-23-20 Reds vs Brewers

    Joel Luckhaupt
    @jluckhaupt
    Last 7 starts by Reds pitchers:
    41 IP, 25 H, 10 BB, 54 K, 4 HR, 1.76 ERA

    They haven't allowed more than 2 runs in any of those 7 starts.

  14. #11
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    32,748

    Re: 9-23-20 Reds vs Brewers

    Really need this one.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

  15. Likes:

    Banshee (09-23-2020),BillDoran (09-23-2020),RichRed (09-23-2020),Ron Madden (09-23-2020)

  16. #12
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    11,974

    Re: 9-23-20 Reds vs Brewers

    Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    Wade Miley was activated from the 10-day IL and he will join the bullpen. Tyler Stephenson was optioned off the roster to create space for Miley. #Reds

  17. #13
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    25,383

    Re: 9-23-20 Reds vs Brewers

    I know this seems like a must win, but if the Reds lose this one, and win 2 out of 3 from the Twins, they finish at .500 which gives them a solid shot at the final wild card spot.
    “We’re going to get the pitching.” -Bob Castellini
    “You got the pitching, now what?” - Reds fans

  18. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    mason
    Posts
    903

    Re: 9-23-20 Reds vs Brewers

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I know this seems like a must win, but if the Reds lose this one, and win 2 out of 3 from the Twins, they finish at .500 which gives them a solid shot at the final wild card spot.
    Will be tough since they will lose most tiebreakers.

  19. #15
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    25,383

    Re: 9-23-20 Reds vs Brewers

    Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    Will be tough since they will lose most tiebreakers.
    My guess is, in that situation, that the Brewers and Cards get second division spot and the first wild card, so it’s just between the Reds and Giants for the last wild card spot. I have no idea what the tiebreaker situation is with the Giants, and it could change between now and then.
    “We’re going to get the pitching.” -Bob Castellini
    “You got the pitching, now what?” - Reds fans


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator