Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Trevor now!

Re: Sign Trevor now!

He’s only signing one year deals

https://www.redlegnation.com/2020/04...-1-year-deals/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by zigbeenuthouse View Post
    He was asked about this recently and said for the right situation he wouldn't be totally against a multi year deal

Quote Originally Posted by zigbeenuthouse View Post
    Honestly, does this really matter? I'd be fine if the Reds inked him for another year and I think they have a good chance at being even better than they are this year.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

5. Likes:

NebraskaRed (09-24-2020),Revering4Blue (09-24-2020),RiverRat13 (09-24-2020)

It's a shame to see so many getting their hopes up. It's not going to happen. Have you forgotten that the Reds are small market team with small market payroll? He's going to the highest bidder which will be one of the big boys. Just accept it and enjoy what he's doing in 2020.

Love to see Bauer return. I think it would take a miracle and who can blame him for sorting this out and talking to many teams after the year ends? I think he signs one year monster deal with big market team in running to win it all next year. I HOPE Reds make it to the playoffs with the Twins series being so huge right now. Would be great to see Bauer showcased in playoffs with his experience in pitching in World Series.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Sign Trevor now!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix2 View Post
    It's a shame to see so many getting their hopes up. It's not going to happen. Have you forgotten that the Reds are small market team with small market payroll? He's going to the highest bidder which will be one of the big boys. Just accept it and enjoy what he's doing in 2020.
    There is nothing wrong with dreaming.

There is something fundamentally wrong with telling people not to reach for the stars, when doing so causes no harm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-24-2020)

"He’s only signing one year deals

https://www.redlegnation.com/2020/04...-1-year-deals/"

Thats not entirely true anymore. Go listen to the latest episode of the Bauer Hour which was recorded last Thursday. Its on MLB network Radio on Sirius/XM. Its an awesome listen for Bauers knowledge on pitching alone. He details exactly what he is looking for in free agency. He will not limit himself to a 1 yr deal if it is the right fit. He wants to win and wants to pitch every 4th day. I think if the Reds pony up the money...and that is a big if...they could have as good a shot as anyone with the support staff they have in place and their willingness to let Bauer be Bauer. Someone needs to page "Jup" though...that dude seems to have the inside when it comes to Bauer on this board.
    Last edited by jwdoc77; 09-24-2020 at 03:14 PM.

11. Likes:

klw (09-24-2020)

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

The multi-year deal with annual opt-outs makes the most sense to me. It gives Bauer the flexibility he clearly is looking for plus some insurance against injury. Something like 4/$120m with an opt-out after years 2 and 3.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Right here is all you really need to know about Bauer. The Reds have not really had a guy come into the clubhouse and demand that his team excel in the last decade or more. It's what Seaver did to the Mets, it's what Rijo did to the Reds in '90, it's what Greg Vaughn did to the .99 Reds, it's what Gibson did to the Cardinals....

I really don't know if the Reds have the change to sign him after this spectacular run, but if they don't do their best, then they run the risk of missing out on the intangibles he brings. People talk about whether chemistry exists, but I think the better question is whether the proper leadership exists. They have it right now in Bauer.
    Eh, I'm not sold on Vaughn being a particular catalyst for that team other than mostly playing well. '99 was just incredibly talented. Larkin was that team's leader.
    Vaughn only played on 5 winning teams in a 15 year career.
    I've also heard, via Jeff Piecoro, that Vaughn was one of a handful of players that turned the last road trip in Milwaukee into one big cocaine party.
    Take that with a grain of salt if you'd like, but it was said.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

14. Likes:

Chip R (09-25-2020)

I suspect Bauer is destined for LA. (He was a Dodger fan growing up, IIRC, and is from Valencia.) He's even said he wants to one day be a Dodger.

That plus deep pockets plus a sabre focus plus a willingness to allow players to pitch outside the box plus a Dodger need in the SP department should make them the favorites to land him. Cincinnati is likely the second-place team if LA either doesn't pony up the cash or isn't interested in the four-day pitching schedule.

I think first and foremost, Bauer wants to win. If the Reds make the playoffs, perform well, and in the off season make a strong effort to improve, I can see him choosing to stay. Otherwise, I think he’s gone.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

jup needs to get in his ear to re-sign

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

18. Likes:

jwdoc77 (09-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Eh, I'm not sold on Vaughn being a particular catalyst for that team other than mostly playing well. '99 was just incredibly talented. Larkin was that team's leader.
    Vaughn only played on 5 winning teams in a 15 year career.
    I've also heard, via Jeff Piecoro, that Vaughn was one of a handful of players that turned the last road trip in Milwaukee into one big cocaine party.
    Take that with a grain of salt if you'd like, but it was said.
    I am happy to defer to inside knowledge; maybe Rolen is a better example. It doesn't change the fact that the club needs a guy who doesn't tolerate the lollygagging.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    What Reds have:
    1) supportive in both resources and coaching to his pitching approach
    2) supportive of his online presence
    3) contract with Driveline
    4) supportive of starting every 4th day
    5) team atmosphere Bauer seems to like

What Reds don’t have:
    1) $
    I'll add to the have's:
    He seems to be close with Sonny Gray.
    Probably has confidence he and Gray and Castillo can be the best 1-2-3 punch on any team in the NL next year - and is there a better 4-5 than Mahle/Antone/Miley?
    With Boddy he's probably free to "coach" other pitchers as well (worked with Green already)

They Reds don't have $$ for a multi year deal, but they might have plenty for an impressive 1 year offer with Galvis and Disco leaving and if Castellanos opts out.

Gotta have Bauer for 2021! The offense hasn't gotten on track in the short stint in 2020, but surely a full season would allow Moose, Cast, Suarez, Winker, Senzel, etc. to gravitate to their career norms which would be an impressive lineup to go with the best rotation in the NL. Reds need to place a big bet on that for 2021 with a 1 yr offer Bauer can't refuse

Sign him to a massive deal so we have someone else to blame when things turn south, it's always the highest paid player to blame
    Go Gators!

22. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (09-24-2020),jimbo (09-25-2020),RiverRat13 (09-25-2020),SunDeck (09-25-2020)

Turn Off Ads?