Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Sign Trevor now!

Re: Sign Trevor now!

The first Red in the in this era...

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Trevor just became the first Red with the best ERA in the league since 1944 (Ed Heusser)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Sign Trevor now!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I’ve ended up liking Bauer a lot more as a dude than I thought I would, I feel like he’s grown up a little bit since becoming a Red. I haven’t heard anything too ridiculous off the field since he’s been here either that I can remember either.
    I mean it goes both ways. You and a few others IIRC, were very quick to judge and label him as a dbag personality. Bugged me at the time to label him based on the narrative out there and a few isolated incidents. Turned out he was incredibly insightful and well liked in the clubhouse, and quite important to the team culture. Glad to hear youve come around, and maybe shows some maturation on your end too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    He’s also betting on himself and his health. A one-year contract followed by a shoulder injury could cost him money, but he’s gambling that won’t happen.
    He's already made close to $50M in his career. I admire him for choosing to be in a place where he can win and be happy as a person rather than just chasing the biggest possible contract. He's a complicated and out spoken person. He knows better than anyone what is best for him so it makes sense to me he is giving himself the option of having fun and being where he wants on a yearly basis.

5. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-28-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    I mean it goes both ways. You and a few others IIRC, were very quick to judge and label him as a dbag personality. Bugged me at the time to label him based on the narrative out there and a few isolated incidents. Turned out he was incredibly insightful and well liked in the clubhouse, and quite important to the team culture. Glad to hear youve come around, and maybe shows some maturation on your end too.

I mean he deserved it as an Indian and it was more than an isolated incident. I can’t elaborate too much without breaking political discussion rules, and I doubt I would still like him very much in that regard. But he’s kept anything unsavory in that regard to himself as a Red which makes it a lot easier to appreciate him.

He pitched one hell of a season. But, I'm really not going to be a personal fan of anyone who denies climate change.

https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and...climate-change

8. Likes:

goldglover9 (09-28-2020)

Trevor Bauer set an all-time record for fewest hits per 9 innings this season. It was actually a two-person contest to see who would hold the record. Coming into the season, Nolan Ryan topped that list with 5.2606 H/9. Bauer and Dinelson Limat battled it out all season, with Bauer just edging Lamet (5.0548 - 5.0870). Nipping at the heels of those two were Shane Bieber (5.3534) and Kenta Maeda (5.4000). Pitchers from 2020 now hold the 1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th positions.

10. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I mean he deserved it as an Indian and it was more than an isolated incident. I can’t elaborate too much without breaking political discussion rules, and I doubt I would still like him very much in that regard. But he’s kept anything unsavory in that regard to himself as a Red which makes it a lot easier to appreciate him.
    Not sure he deserved to be labeled a dbag and an ***hole based on a few narrative driven incidents. People make mistakes and I hated the way he was written off based on them.

He’s not for everyone but I find it rich how the narrative changed on him based primarily on him being freaking awesome at pitching. He’s the same guy doing the same hi jinx (other than that weird bully thing with the teenager on twitter, that was just incredibly stupid).

I looked back in that thread the other day and the amount of people basically writing the guy off as an insufferable tool, #3 pitcher, and worst trade in MLB history is comical.

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

Cincinnati Reds
    @Reds
    Congratulations to
    @BauerOutage
    , the NL Pitcher of the Month for September! #BauerforCy2020

13. Likes:

Edd Roush (09-28-2020),Phoenix2 (09-28-2020),texasdave (09-28-2020),UKFlounder (09-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    He pitched one hell of a season. But, I'm really not going to be a personal fan of anyone who denies climate change.

Gotta love posts like this.

You click on the link, read what it says, and come away saying - where did he deny climate change?

Says climate changed long before man - well established. Said climate will change after man - well established by looking at other never inhabited planets like Mars whose climate has clearly changed. Then says man is egocentric for thinking he can CONTROL the climate - pretty obvious given we can't make it rain where we want, or keep a freeze from getting crops in the spring or .... Never once did he say that the human race doesn't INFLUENCE the climate. But yet he is a climate change denier ???

Well maybe that is the way you read it, but that isn't what I read in that link.

15. Likes:

HammerTime (09-29-2020),jwdoc77 (09-29-2020)

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

He should be back on another one year deal worth roughly 28 mil. We'll see about throwing him every 4th day. The Reds have spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jup View Post
    Gotta love posts like this.

You click on the link, read what it says, and come away saying - where did he deny climate change?

Says climate changed long before man - well established. Said climate will change after man - well established by looking at other never inhabited planets like Mars whose climate has clearly changed. Then says man is egocentric for thinking he can CONTROL the climate - pretty obvious given we can't make it rain where we want, or keep a freeze from getting crops in the spring or .... Never once did he say that the human race doesn't INFLUENCE the climate. But yet he is a climate change denier ???

Well maybe that is the way you read it, but that isn't what I read in that link.
    Any continuation of this discussion should take place in the politics area.

Cy Shapiro can believe whatever he wants as long as that spin rate keeps jumping

Bauer won me over. I'm more of a "shut-up and play" person. I'm not a fan of all the tweets (didn't like them with Brandon Phillips either), but he's clearly figured out what works for him and knows how to keep his body and arm in the shape he needs to perform. The Reds seem willing to let him march to his own drum and probably have enough money coming of the books (or could be fairly easily cleared) to give him a raise to the $30 Million range. I hope the quote above about him thinking this is a team that can win going forward is how he really feels. This team is still flawed, but strong starting pitching can cover a lot of sins. Keeping Bauer seems the easiest path to maintaining a contender. I think to change the position side to a more well rounded team and offense would take a lot more changes and the big contracts of Votto and Cadtellanos would seem to be obstacles to that. Hopefully they've lesrned how to win over the last 15 days and we see it carry over. The deeper this team goes into the post=season would seem to make it more likely that Bauer will want to return.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Actually I’d have to disagree with you on the unwritten rules thing.

When Tatis Jr hit that grand slam on a 3-0 count, his own teammate Hosmer went to the Rangers dugout and said “don’t worry guys, we’ll talk to him...” and if I recall correctly his manager didn’t have his back either.

Check out the Jomboy breakdown of when that happened:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=SaW5B2SEnXg
    All true but the next day Tingler said he was wrong for not having his back. I'm sure Clevinger is his pipeline there and if he believes that the organization would frown on Bauer doing what he does, he probably won't sign there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

If Bauer doesn’t pitch another game for the Reds this year, I think he’s gone. He’s not stupid. He wants to play for a winning organization. Today may have been the final straw if he doesn’t get another chance. So, these next two games are very important for this year and next, IMO.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Turn Off Ads?