Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Sign Trevor now!

Re: Sign Trevor now!

When it comes to free agency, the right-hander has a lot of options and decisions to weigh: location, whether and how soon the team is in a position to win and, obviously, salary. So when it comes down to making a choice, what is Bauer looking for and how does he prioritize what’s most important?

Bauer’s answer is simple: to be happy. “I want to be involved with teammates I get along with, a team that’s winning, a team that sees things the same way I do analytically, player development wise, that I’m treated fairly and given leeway to be myself. Obviously there are other factors that go into it but really I just want to be happy,” says Bauer. He shared that playing with the Cincinnati Reds this season, when he had an NL-best 1.73 ERA, 0.80 WHIP and 100 strikeouts over 73 innings, he was the happiest he's been in his MLB career. This offseason, the hunt for happiness continues.
    https://www.si.com/mlb/video/2020/11...nd-free-agency

2. Turn Off Ads?

I still think as long as the Reds don’t try to low-ball Bauer and will offer him a fair contract, they have just as good a chance to sign him as any of the bigger market teams.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

4. Likes:

jwdoc77 (11-12-2020)

If Bauer is still on his one year deal thing, I think some team will offer $40 Million. If Cole and Strasberg can get $35 Million per year on a multi-year guarantee, I can't see Bauer's deal being lower than that for a one year deal. If I were the Reds, I'd go as high as $30 Million for one year. After that, they should probably pass. Even at $30 Million, they probably need to deal Miley and one of the catchers to swallow that much and still be able to address SS and all the arbitration cases. I'd guess Goodwin gets non-tendered as well.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    If Bauer is still on his one year deal thing, I think some team will offer $40 Million. If Cole and Strasberg can get $35 Million per year on a multi-year guarantee, I can't see Bauer's deal being lower than that for a one year deal. If I were the Reds, I'd go as high as $30 Million for one year. After that, they should probably pass. Even at $30 Million, they probably need to deal Miley and one of the catchers to swallow that much and still be able to address SS and all the arbitration cases. I'd guess Goodwin gets non-tendered as well.
    If he sticks to the 1-year plan, I think it'll at least have an extra year player option. He'd be pretty dumb not to guarantee himself at least $50MM after the season he just had.

I'd be fine with the Reds doing something like that, 2/$50MM-60MM, with an opt-out after this season. But my guess is he'll ink something in the 2-3 year range with an option in there somewhere (ideally for him after this season, when teams might feel more confident in expanding budgets), and the AAV will be higher than the Reds can afford.

Right now Bauer has the advantage of being the best pitcher and 2nd best player on the market. Even if he signs for 1 year and has a big 2021, next years FA group looks much more enticing. He may want to cash in this winter.

He wins the Cy Young

9. Likes:

Chip R (11-12-2020),Ron Madden (11-11-2020),UKFlounder (11-11-2020)

Trevor Wins The 2020 NL Cy Young!!!

11. Likes:

UKFlounder (11-11-2020)

Chills.

ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo

Trevor Bauer is the first pitcher in Reds history to win a Cy Young.

He's the 8th pitcher to win the Cy Young in his free agent year. Four of the previous 7 re-signed with their team that offseason. The last FA to switch teams after winning the Cy Young was Greg Maddux in 1992.

Non-tender or whatever.

15. Likes:

Chip R (11-12-2020)

Caleb Cotham interviewed with Philly for pitching coach...I would keep an eye on that situation in regards to where Bauer lands.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Caleb Cotham interviewed with Philly for pitching coach...I would keep an eye on that situation in regards to where Bauer lands.
    Cotham will end up some where. He is to good not to. And he isn't jumping over DJ. So, it is kind of a matter of time.

Bauer’s devotion to advanced statistics and analysis helped him take his game to the next level in 2020.

“I think a lot of my methods have been validated in other ways already,” Bauer said, “and really it’s about the validation for myself. It’s about providing a better landscape for my fellow players. I really believe the things I do are beneficial for health and performance and opportunity and stuff like that. I think that a lot of players could benefit from it, so that’s why I’m as active as I am in promoting it, talking about it on social media, launching companies to to double down on that and to help other players. That’s really what you know where my vision lies and where my passion lies in leaving the game in a better place for my fellow players than what it was when I came in.”
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...er/ar-BB1aXlBu

Turn Off Ads?