Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Playoff Roster

Playoff Roster

What's your playoff roster? Looks like you get 26 spots.

I roll with:

Bauer
    Castillo
    Gray

Iglasias
    Bradley
    Garrett
    Sims
    Antone
    Lorenzen
    Mahle
    Miley
    Desclafani

Barnhart
    Casali

Votto
    Moustakas
    Garcia
    Galvis
    Suarez
    Farmer

Castellanos
    Senzel
    Goodwin
    Winker
    Akiyama
    Aquino

Though I would probably be tempted to bring Stephenson as an extra bat and drop a pitcher, maybe Desclafani.
    Last edited by CaiGuy; 09-26-2020 at 11:50 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Playoff Roster

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    What's your playoff roster? Looks like you get 26 spots.

I roll with:

Bauer
    Castillo
    Gray

Iglasias
    Bradley
    Garrett
    Sims
    Antone
    Lorenzen
    Mahle
    Miley
    Desclafani

Barnhart
    Casali

Votto
    Moustakas
    Garcia
    Galvis
    Suarez
    Farmer

Castellanos
    Senzel
    Goodwin
    Winker
    Akiyama
    Aquino

Though I would probably be tempted to bring Stephenson as an extra bat and drop a pitcher, maybe Desclafani.
    Roster size for playoffs is 28. Same guys you got plus Romano and Bob Steve. Reds set the roster for playoffs a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Roster size for playoffs is 28. Same guys you got plus Romano and Bob Steve. Reds set the roster for playoffs a few days ago.
    No they can make changes before next week. They set the pool of players they had to pick from that group of 40 is set.
    Crazy Reds Fan

5. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-26-2020)

In a 3 game series I don’t see any reason to keep guys like Disco, Miley, Stephenson. It’s too bad they don’t have better bench options.

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    In a 3 game series I don’t see any reason to keep guys like Disco, Miley, Stephenson. It’s too bad they don’t have better bench options.
    With the normal rule of 26, I believe they were required to have 13 pitchers at a minimum. I'm guessing that still holds true so there's not much room to replace pitchers with position players. At the moment, they have 14 position players and 14 pitchers. Maybe drop Stephenson for Stephenson before the playoffs would be useful.

8. Likes:

Redsfan6272 (09-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by foster15 View Post
    With the normal rule of 26, I believe they were required to have 13 pitchers at a minimum. I'm guessing that still holds true so there's not much room to replace pitchers with position players. At the moment, they have 14 position players and 14 pitchers. Maybe drop Stephenson for Stephenson before the playoffs would be useful.
    I was under the impression that it was 13 pitchers at a maximum.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Reds might err on the side of an extra pitcher.

Just as protection in case of a blowout game, particularly a losing blowout.

Or an early injury, we’ve seen that before in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-26-2020 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I was under the impression that it was 13 pitchers at a maximum.
    My apologies. You are correct. What I find is that rule applies to the original plan of 26 players. Now that they're allowed 28, I wonder if they will allow 14 pitchers? Can't find it anywhere. Either way, with the 3 batter rule, 14 seems excessive so again, I'd swap pitcher Stephenson out and bring catcher Stephenson in.

Turn Off Ads?