Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reds add Gray, DFA Nate Jones

Reds add Gray, DFA Nate Jones

Reds DFA pitcher leading team in appearances.

As per C Trent twitter.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-22-2020 at 03:15 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds add Gray, DFA Nate Jones

I said last night in the game thread that hopefully that was the last inning Jones pitched as a Reds.

Bob Steve may be next if Miley ever returns.

I was hopeful Jones would workout since he was a local kid, but it appears to be over for him.

5. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-22-2020)

Dude was way over used. Never got it. He had been throwing BP all year

Can’t say I’m too surprised. His stuff was tempting, results weren’t there.

His delivery made my arm hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

8. Likes:

forfreelin04 (09-22-2020)

Jones gave us some innings. I doubt another team picks him up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Williams is a breath of fresh air as a GM/ President of Operations if only because he's active. He's not afraid to change his mind, admit mistakes, find new answers even as the season bleeds into the playoffs. Cincinnati GMs have historically been very conservative in roster management.

Which closes the book, for now, on the bounce back relief group of Jones, Raley, Strop, Biddle, Thornburg, De Leon. Combined, 42 appearances for Reds in the two month season.

Reds got more mileage from their own in-house group of less-than-proven relievers who were given a chance.

Reds should have avoided so much use of this bounce back group - except as minors depth to be brought up as necessary.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-22-2020 at 03:45 PM.

I remember when Nate Jones was the Reds' primary setup man.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Williams is a breath of fresh air as a GM/ President of Operations if only because he's active. He's not afraid to change his mind, admit mistakes, find new answers even as the season bleeds into the playoffs. Cincinnati GMs have historically been very conservative in roster management.
    Incredibly True.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

It basically came down to gopher balls since his K/BB ratio was strong. If the team played in a different park I'd have been more patient, but as an organization the Reds have to be extra sensitive to HR rates because they can get out of hand in a hurry at GABP...

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Which closes the book, for now, on the bounce back relief group of Jones, Raley, Strop, Biddle, Thornburg, De Leon. Combined, 42 appearances for Reds in the two month season.

Reds got more mileage from their own in-house group of less-than-proven relievers who were given a chance.

Reds should have avoided so much use of this bounce back group - except as minors depth to be brought up as necessary.
    Who are you considering as the Reds' in-house group of less-than-proven relievers who were given a chance?

Reed, Sims, Antone, Kuhnel?

Who are you considering as the Reds' in-house group of less-than-proven relievers who were given a chance?

Reed, Sims, Antone, Kuhnel?
    They would all qualify.

You must not have been paying attention from 1992-2008. Bowden and Krivsky made like a move a day it seemed.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

The early collapse of Lorenzen as the setup man and injury/subsequent struggles of Stephenson had a lot to do with it.

Jones was really the only one who got any sustained usage, the rest were mostly relegated to mopup duty here and there. Jones started off alright before imploding at the end of August. Thankfully they got Bradley by the end of the month.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

19. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-22-2020)

Turn Off Ads?