Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 9 am

Re: 9 am

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Thanks M2. I assume this means the Braves bat last in all 3 games.
    Well the first 2, then the series will be over and the crappy Braves will be defeated
    Go Gators!

2. Likes:

goreds2 (09-28-2020),M2 (09-28-2020),RichRed (09-29-2020),Roy Tucker (09-28-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Powel Crosley View Post
    We're going to a little cabin north of Morganton. I've stayed in the area a few times, but this will be my first time in a cabin.
    Gotcha, have fun. I was going to offer an invite to watch the game here if in ch area.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    I’m probably gonna come off as an arse here, but might as well stay on brand:

For me, one of your jobs as a fan is to plan ahead. Of course, some people may have absolutely no recourse given their specific situation, but MOST people I know can make things happen if they plan ahead.

We’ve known for months there would be more playoff games this year. And a few weeks ago, MLB released the days of the WC round for each league. Knowing there would be 8 games on Wed and looking at the standings a couple of weeks ago, I figured if the Reds made it we’d have a good chance of being an afternoon game. The fact that we wound up playing a team in the EST time zone while all other NL series are in CST or PST pretty much sealed that deal. So I was prepared for it. Again most people I know have some level of flexibility in their schedule where they can work from home, take a half day off, rearrange a schedule, etc to make it happen. The more time you give yourself the better. It’s a lot like the NCAA Tournament for me. I know every year I’ve got to keep that Thurs/Fri open and I plan for it months in advance so nothing gets scheduled. And I start my NFL planning in April when the schedule drops— with three kids, it’s a major chore to keep the calendar clean, but if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!
    Its new to me, neve4 had to do it for baseball, and football is weekends. Ncaa is already a holiday this way so am automatically off during that for my team.
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Gotcha, have fun. I was going to offer an invite to watch the game here if in ch area.
    I appreciate the offer, but not sure the girlfriend would have approved that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Powel Crosley View Post
    I appreciate the offer, but not sure the girlfriend would have approved that anyway.
    Lol, totally understand that one! Its a great time as far as temperature/fall leaves to be down here right now, hope rain clears out for your trip though
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    I’m probably gonna come off as an arse here, but might as well stay on brand:

For me, one of your jobs as a fan is to plan ahead. Of course, some people may have absolutely no recourse given their specific situation, but MOST people I know can make things happen if they plan ahead.

We’ve known for months there would be more playoff games this year. And a few weeks ago, MLB released the days of the WC round for each league. Knowing there would be 8 games on Wed and looking at the standings a couple of weeks ago, I figured if the Reds made it we’d have a good chance of being an afternoon game. The fact that we wound up playing a team in the EST time zone while all other NL series are in CST or PST pretty much sealed that deal. So I was prepared for it. Again most people I know have some level of flexibility in their schedule where they can work from home, take a half day off, rearrange a schedule, etc to make it happen. The more time you give yourself the better. It’s a lot like the NCAA Tournament for me. I know every year I’ve got to keep that Thurs/Fri open and I plan for it months in advance so nothing gets scheduled. And I start my NFL planning in April when the schedule drops— with three kids, it’s a major chore to keep the calendar clean, but if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!
    i will also stay on brand and come across as an arse, but just gotta be honest here:

if you have a good enough job and you have a lot of clout -- or you are the boss yourself -- you don't have to worry about things of this nature. unless an emergency arises at work where i am needed, it's just "i will not be available from noon-330 on wednesday." period.

After the last 25-ish years of Reds baseball, I’d sit naked on a bed of glass shards in the middle of my street at 2 am to watch a live Reds post-season game if that’s what it took.

I love the noon start tomorrow for a gazillion reasons. Weather will be gorgeous. Find a way to set aside whatever you can and live in the moment.

I'm okay with the noon start time, and I have a job that generally would give me the flexibility needed to watch this game....but one of my co-workers scheduled a meeting that will have me sitting in a conference room with two others and on a video call for most of the game. Them's the breaks, I suppose. I am confident that Bauer will pull the team through without my needing to be there. I'll save my "fan powers" for pulling us through one of the last two games!

11. Likes:

goreds2 (09-29-2020)

Playoff baseball at 9am? I would love that.

Attachment 16573
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

13. Likes:

Boston Red (09-29-2020),JFLegal (09-29-2020),M2 (09-29-2020),WrongVerb (09-29-2020)

Turn Off Ads?