Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263 LastLast

Thread: 10-1-20 Reds @ Braves WCS Game 2

Re: 10-1-20 Reds @ Braves WCS Game 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
    Sometimes it's not that you lose, it's how you lose. And this was the worse way to lose....without even a whimper. Some broken part of me kinda wish they'd saved the embarrassment and missed the playoffs. That's what we're used to anyway.
    I know I'm wrong, but this is kinda exactly how I feel.

The pitching was magical (til the 9th today) and the offense was an embarassment.

2. Likes:

Bushman (10-01-2020),REDREAD (10-02-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Joey Votto on FSO right now literally crying about BABIP

Quote Originally Posted by woodyjoe View Post
    Everything that is both right and wrong with the Reds was on display these last 2 games, everything.

1. Offense
    2. Defense
    3. Iglesius
    4. Bell
    5. front office

The front office for many things that are wrong but one for me that stands out was trading Duvall. I'm a little biased since he is from my hometown, but he would be by far, our best outfielder today.

I could elaborate on these further but it's pointless.

The only only positives this year has been our starting pitching and most of our bullpen came around, except of course Iggy.
    In today's game where starters are asked to go only 5 or 6 innings usually, I'd rather watch Lucas Sims crawl up the bullpen ladder in status than watch an Adam Duvall play outfield and bat. Duvalls are a dime a dozen, great bullpen arms aren't, unless you're the Atlanta Braves playing the Cincinnati Reds.

6. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (10-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Changes also need to be made in the game itself, starting with regulating the shift, and moving fences back...
    I am ok with the fences where they are, they need to take the juice out of the balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    If he wants to cry about it over the course of the season I get it. The Reds were a complete anomaly in that the entire league was between .265-310 and the Reds were at .240. But here is the key thing he is missing, the BIP part of the equation. I can't believe I am quoting A-Rod here but "Nothing good happens if you don't put the bat on the ball".

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Yeah, it's time to question my loyalty. I'm still a young guy. Nothing in the Bible nor the Constitution says that I have to stay tethered to this roach motel of an organization because I was born in the city limits.

I've never "quit" any team - even the Bungles. But this leaves such a bad taste in my mouth..this is an incredibly bad team to like. Knowing they can't piss me off again for several months is a relief.

I'm sure I won't be able to walk away. Best I can do is probably hate-watch, like I used to do with Full House.

Screw off, 2020 Reds.
    This team is my least favorite Reds team ever, so frustrating. I’ve come to the conclusion that they just aren’t serious about winning, my favorite NBA team is the same way. It’s fine but my level of interest is waning with each passing year.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

10. Likes:

REDREAD (10-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Changes also need to be made in the game itself, starting with regulating the shift, and moving fences back...
    You know this comment on the shift is something that I have thought a lot about. The shift completely alters the way the game is played. For over a hundred years a line drive or hard ground ball up the middle was a base hit. Now most times they are no more than a routine out. I for one don’t like watching it. If a guy hits a hard shot up the middle the game of baseball should reward him.
    The usual comeback is “take the ball the other way and beat the shift”. Well that is hard to do when big league pitchers are pounding the inside. They pitch it where they want you to hit it. Now having said that, the shift had jack squat to do with losing this series. Hell a couple of routine fly balls to the outfield would have won game one.

12. Likes:

REDREAD (10-02-2020)

what are the odds of playing 22 innings of playoff baseball and getting zero runs? has to be under 1% right? no hyperbole.

14. Likes:

REDREAD (10-02-2020),Revering4Blue (10-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    votto was right about one thing though: the reds were going to be an "(effing) nightmare" in the playoffs.

we just didn't know he was inferring for reds fans it would be a nightmare.

16. Likes:

REDREAD (10-02-2020),Tony Cloninger (10-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    what are the odds of playing 22 innings of playoff baseball and getting zero runs? has to be under 1% right? no hyperbole.
    The even crazier part is they had 11 hits yesterday and didn’t score a run. That’s amazing.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

18. Likes:

757690 (10-01-2020),goreds2 (10-01-2020),REDREAD (10-02-2020),Revering4Blue (10-01-2020),Tom Servo (10-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    We'll probably never see another team accomplish it again in our lifetimes.

20. Likes:

REDREAD (10-02-2020)

22 of the last 23 Reds were retired. It took the baseball hitting the bag for the Reds to get a man on.

22. Likes:

REDREAD (10-02-2020)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    22 of the last 23 Reds were retired. It took the baseball hitting the bag for the Reds to get a man on.
    It’s truly baffling.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Bauer will be gone and Castellanos back. Bauer wants a WS ring and a team who can hit. I can't blame him for that. Castellanos got one hellava deal from Cincinnati and could not do any better.

25. Likes:

REDREAD (10-02-2020)

Cards beat Padres and are leading tonight. Gotta wonder the difference in the two teams. Reds have great pitching. They don't have great defense like Bader provides in CF nor to they get hits with a chance to score. This went on all year.....HR or bust.

Turn Off Ads?