Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bauer should leave the Reds

Re: Bauer should leave the Reds

Are people saying on this thread he'll go to another team because the money will be higher elsewhere or implying it'll be because he's mad the offense stunk? Or both?

The first one is obvious, but I'm not sure I agree with the second.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-01-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Are people saying on this thread he'll go to another team because the money will be higher elsewhere or implying it'll be because he's mad the offense stunk? Or both?

100% because the money will be higher. I could see the team record factoring in a little if it were one of the worst 3-4 in baseball but who knows?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I, for one, would like him to stay.
    As would I -- but it'll take ownership not crying poormouth after 2020 to keep him, and I'd be shocked if that happens here in Cincinnati.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

6. Likes:

LexRedsFan (10-01-2020)

He's going to the highest bidder. Always was. Poor offense won't be the reason. That's out of his control like it will be on his next team as well.

8. Likes:

REDREAD (10-01-2020)

Pretty sure he'll stay once we have LiMu Emu and Doug present him with the key to the city.

10. Likes:

M2 (10-02-2020),Red Raindog (10-01-2020)

I think he wants to win. If so, after what we just witnessed, why would he stay?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

12. Likes:

fearofpopvol1 (10-02-2020),LexRedsFan (10-01-2020),REDREAD (10-01-2020),tripleaaaron (10-02-2020)

Never underestimate Trevor's ability to make a decision that surprises everyone.

14. Likes:

goreds2 (10-01-2020),HammerTime (10-02-2020),Rantly (10-01-2020),Rojo Rijo (10-05-2020)

We're saying he "should" leave. Because he deserves better. He deserves to win. That will NEVER happen in Cincinnati, period.

16. Likes:

fearofpopvol1 (10-02-2020),LexRedsFan (10-01-2020),tripleaaaron (10-02-2020)

The only way I can see Bauer staying is if he feels his success this season was largely due to our pitching coach.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

18. Likes:

Always Red (10-02-2020)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

He grew up a Dodger fan, correct?

Hopefully, he leaves us with a Cy Young. That's something no other Reds pitcher has been able to do. I've really appreciated his time here.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

21. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-02-2020),Rolando (10-02-2020)

The Reds offense and baserunning sucked in those 2 games against the Braves. But, they hadn't made the playoffs in 7 years and they returned with a flawed team. So, maybe, just maybe, this season is a stepping stone and they will be better next year. They front office made an honest effort last off season to improve the team, signing Moose and Castellanos. That didn't workout quite like everyone had hoped, but over a 60 game season things just don't play out like 162 game season.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

23. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (10-02-2020),Old school 1983 (10-02-2020),Rolando (10-02-2020),Ron Madden (10-02-2020)

I pull out all the stops to bring Bauer back. I’d assign a team within the front office to just do that and another to work on other deals.

25. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (10-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    I pull out all the stops to bring Bauer back.
    Does that include trading one of Castillo or Gray to bring in a big bat?

I predict he'll end up with the Angels.

Turn Off Ads?