Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bauer should leave the Reds

Re: Bauer should leave the Reds

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    Does that include trading one of Castillo or Gray to bring in a big bat?
    do they need a "big bat" or just a different type of hitter, like a contact/OBP centered hitter?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If he leaves, at least Dick Williams rolled the dice. I appreciate that.

4. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (10-06-2020),CySeymour (10-02-2020),Number_Fourteen (10-05-2020),Rolando (10-02-2020),WrongVerb (10-02-2020)

The Dodgers will come for him. I do not think Bauer is the type of guy to make an emotional decision, and he knows his time as a pro athlete is limited.....hence I expect the last two games demonstrated to him how far off the Reds are from contending. He knows there are about 25 other teams he could go to and pitch at the same level...but collect more W's. I think our chances of keeping him are less than 10%, and the situation would be if teams tightened their spending this offseason because of the COVID season which resulted in him signing a one year deal with the Reds. The Reds should give it their best effort, because he is the best player on the team and I do not think it is close.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    do they need a "big bat" or just a different type of hitter, like a contact/OBP centered hitter?
    a hitter like Ozuna is what we need. We do not need another OF'er, so we would have to move some pieces, but Ozuna is the exact type of hitter this lineup is missing. A guy that crushes HR's, drive runs in, and also hits for average.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    a hitter like Ozuna is what we need. We do not need another OF'er, so we would have to move some pieces, but Ozuna is the exact type of hitter this lineup is missing. A guy that crushes HR's, drive runs in, and also hits for average.
    But is the really what the Reds need? They were OBP, contact and defense deficient this season and I really don't think Ozuna moves the needle in that way.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

I think everyone touting money as the reason for him leaving is going to be dead wrong.

9. Likes:

Chip R (10-02-2020),Rojo Rijo (10-05-2020)

Why, really, would he want to play for this team again? They had like two good weeks in the year+ he was here and this is not a team that looks like it's about to add 15 wins to the .500 team that it is. Why tie yourself to this group?

11. Likes:

REDREAD (10-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by muethibp View Post
    and this is not a team that looks like it's about to add 15 wins to the .500 team that it is.
    So you are assuming the team won't try and add pieces this offseason? They did last year and the year before, so why would this offseason be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by muethibp View Post
    Why, really, would he want to play for this team again? They had like two good weeks in the year+ he was here and this is not a team that looks like it's about to add 15 wins to the .500 team that it is. Why tie yourself to this group?
    Because the Reds and Bauer are both at the forefront of pitching technology, analytics, etc. Bauer has stated a desire to play for an organization like that.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

14. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (10-05-2020)

What is a Current Cy Young Award winner in his prime worth?

I'm guessing $500 Million for 8 years.

What human being could turn that down if it was offered, and we know there are some teams out there who would offer something like it?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

16. Likes:

REDREAD (10-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I think everyone touting money as the reason for him leaving is going to be dead wrong.
    Everyone has a price.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I'd like to have him stay and I'd also like it if Nick Lodolo = Left handed Ian Anderson. And in the Reds seemingly endless process of saying "we'll get 'em in two years", they might be thinking exactly that. But I'm less worried about losing Bauer than I am about the Reds finding an Acuna, a Freeman, a Tatis Jr. to anchor the club.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    What is a Current Cy Young Award winner in his prime worth?

I'm guessing $500 Million for 8 years.

What human being could turn that down if it was offered, and we know there are some teams out there who would offer something like it?
    You think a team is going to offer Bauer 62.5 million dollars a year for 8 years??? What

20. Likes:

Edd Roush (10-02-2020),Rojo Rijo (10-05-2020),UKFlounder (10-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJ View Post
    You think a team is going to offer Bauer 62.5 million dollars a year for 8 years??? What
    Going into a very uncertain future with Covid next year IMO many will be surprised how low some of the FA offers will be. Bauer is likely going to be better off taking a massive 1 year deal and going into 2022 season as a FA again. I assume that offer was a joke, but I think teams are going to be very reluctant to be throwing around $200M offers.

Trevor Bauer
    @BauerOutage
    To the fans in my mentions right now:

@Reds
    fans: I love you all. Thanks for an amazing season! Wish you could’ve been at the ballpark!

Braves fans: Seems like y’all hate me and I wouldn’t be embraced here! What a shame... Confused face

Astros fans: LOL, why are y’all here? Stay mad.

Turn Off Ads?