Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bauer should leave the Reds

Re: Bauer should leave the Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    What is a Current Cy Young Award winner in his prime worth?

I'm guessing $500 Million for 8 years.

What human being could turn that down if it was offered, and we know there are some teams out there who would offer something like it?
    8 years 500 million I know your joking right?
    Crazy Reds Fan

2. Turn Off Ads?

What is a Current Cy Young Award winner in his prime worth?

I'm guessing $500 Million for 8 years.

What human being could turn that down if it was offered, and we know there are some teams out there who would offer something like it?
    Jacob DeGrom last year signed a 6 year 170 million extension, which is about 28 million a year 500 million for 8 years would be about 62 million. Yeah, NO.

Quote Originally Posted by foster15 View Post
    Jacob DeGrom last year signed a 6 year 170 million extension, which is about 28 million a year 500 million for 8 years would be about 62 million. Yeah, NO.
    The 8yr/500 million is a jab at the offer that Patrick Mahomes recieved,after he was Super Bowl MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    The 8yr/500 million is a jab at the offer that Patrick Mahomes recieved,after he was Super Bowl MVP.
    I don't get it. That has nothing to do with the MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I don't get it. That has nothing to do with the MLB.
    The poster asked, "what does a CY Young award winner get, 8 years $500 million?"...as to play off the Mahomes contract.

Not a good jab. Now, if DeGrom pitched every game for the Mets, that would be comparable. Also, if Mahomes shows diminishing skills or an injury, at some point he can be cut and his contract is not guaranteed.

The poster asked, "what does a CY Young award winner get, 8 years $500 million?"...as to play off the Mahomes contract.
    Okay not getting on you because you didn't make the comment. But that jab still makes no sense at all. The guy who got 500 million led his team to a championship. I love Trevor Bauer to death but the Reds didn't even win a playoff game
    Crazy Reds Fan

9. Likes:

HammerTime (10-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    Okay not getting on you because you didn't make the comment. But that jab still makes no sense at all. The guy who got 500 million led his team to a championship. I love Trevor Bauer to death but the Reds didn't even win a playoff game
    Correct in that the Reds didn't win a playoff game, but that might not stop Bauer from winning the Cy Young. So, if he does, what would be his worth?..(I know not 62mil/per, but what should the Reds offer, and what do you think final offer would be??? What would be too much?

Correct in that the Reds didn't win a playoff game, but that might not stop Bauer from winning the Cy Young. So, if he does, what would be his worth?..(I know not 62mil/per, but what should the Reds offer, and what do you think final offer would be??? What would be too much?
    How about 34 million a year that way it's a million dollars a start
    Crazy Reds Fan

Everyone has a price.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

13. Likes:

Chip R (10-06-2020),Coopdaddy67 (10-03-2020),M2 (10-02-2020),podgejeff_ (10-02-2020),Revering4Blue (10-02-2020),Tom Servo (10-02-2020),westofyou (10-02-2020)

San Diego seems like too obvious of a fit for me. They have an amazing offense that is young, on the rise, exciting. They added his buddy Clevinger and could have a very good rotation 1-5. California. They have shown desire to pony up on free agents.

Seems too perfect for me and where I would want to go if I was a free agent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

15. Likes:

Chip R (10-06-2020)

Well, according to Trevors tweet that I posted above I doubt he goes to Houston or Atlanta.

Well, TB shouldn't leave the Reds as far as I am concerned. The Reds don't need too much new hitting, they need what they have to improve. That is on the staff. The pitching has to stay awesome however. People say the Reds are losers, well, losing the best players in the org because they can't pay contributes to that.

As someone said earlier, a real effort needs to be made to resign TB. If he has some reasonable demands, the Reds give them to him. Keep TB and upgrade two bats who can also play solid defensive ball and the team probably moves the needle a fair way. I worry that if TB doesn't stay the FO will do something stupid and the Reds will end up with a heap of heavy hitter who can't hit and two frontline pitchers.

Do i think think TB will stay? Probably not, but I actually think there is a chance if the Reds show some professionalism in the talks. And TB is TB, hard to predict what he will do.

18. Likes:

Patrick Bateman (10-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by reds77 View Post
    I predict he'll end up with the Angels.
    Absolutely no chance unless they dispose of their pitching coach Mickey Callaway.

Serious bad blood between those 2 from their days together in Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by jup View Post
    Absolutely no chance unless they dispose of their pitching coach Mickey Callaway.

Serious bad blood between those 2 from their days together in Cleveland
    I didn't know that tidbit. My thought was they Angels recognize Trout isn't getting any younger and would go after the best pitching FA, which is Bauer.

Turn Off Ads?