Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Very pessimistic about this organization

Re: Very pessimistic about this organization

Quote Originally Posted by scotly50 View Post
    The Reds will continue to lose until they replace the 3 and 4 hitters in the line-up with true 3 and 4 hitters. Votto and Suarez are not the answer at those spots in the line-up.
    Again. Suarez was recovering from shoulder surgery, a notoriously difficult and hard to gauge recovery time. He was clearly getting better there in the last two weeks. I see no reason for him not being 100% next spring. I would move Votto down the lineup because he’s as fast as a tombstone, but no reason to slam him.

2. Likes:

CySeymour (10-05-2020),Revering4Blue (10-05-2020),Ron Madden (10-05-2020),Wonderful Monds (10-05-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

The Reds will continue to lose until they replace the 3 and 4 hitters in the line-up with true 3 and 4 hitters. Votto and Suarez are not the answer at those spots in the line-up.
    Where you saying that about Geno last year when Suarez almost blasted 50 bombs?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Where you saying that about Geno last year when Suarez almost blasted 50 bombs?
    You Bet. He also lead MLB in strikeouts, by 30 !!!!

He is swinging out of his pants, and uppercutting on every pitch trying to hit home runs.

He is swinging out of his pants, and uppercutting on every pitch trying to hit home runs.
    The next players on the K list were the notoriously awful Acuna (41), Alonso (53), Soler (48) and Harper (35). Home runs in brackets.

Shame on your Eugenio!!!!

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

7. Likes:

CySeymour (10-05-2020),Ron Madden (10-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    The next players on the K list were the notoriously awful Acuna (41), Alonso (53), Soler (48) and Harper (35). Home runs in brackets.

Shame on your Eugenio!!!!

He made a late season surge to break .200. Finished at .202. His spot in the batting order is a huge reason the Reds are home. Votto batting third also killed the offense. If they do not replace those positions in the line-up the Reds will continue to lose.

He made a late season surge to break .200. Finished at .202. His spot in the batting order is a huge reason the Reds are home. Votto batting third also killed the offense. If they do not replace those positions in the line-up the Reds will continue to lose.
    So, that's it? After 3 good years, he has one bad one coming off of shoulder surgery and we should just cast him off? Yeah, sounds logical.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

10. Likes:

TeamSelig (10-08-2020)

Babe Ruth led the league in strikeouts as a hitter 5 times. I guess he sucked, too.

So, that's it? After 3 good years, he has one bad one coming off of shoulder surgery and we should just cast him off? Yeah, sounds logical.
    He needs to be batting sixth. But I would trade him off, his defense is second worse as a third baseman in MLB.

Like I said earlier, The Reds most pressing need is an upgrade in the 3 and 4 slots in the batting order if they want to rise above mediocrity.

Babe Ruth led the league in strikeouts as a hitter 5 times. I guess he sucked, too.
    That is funny. Are you really serious ????

That is funny. Are you really serious ????
    You said you didn’t like him in 2019 because of his strikeouts. I showed how weak of an argument that was.

15. Likes:

Ron Madden (10-05-2020)

This is my thought: I don't think the timing of Dick Williams' resignation (getting fired, whatever you want to call it) is coincidental. Occurring this soon after the Reds' season ended is sending a message...hopefully! Especially to those with a chance to leave Cincinnati. Of course, money talks, but for Bauer, at least, it's not ALL about the money...or so he says.

If the new GM is given liberties and makes key changes, the pessimism could change to optimism, quickly.

Turn Off Ads?