Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Joey Votto is a Nightmare

Re: Joey Votto is a Nightmare

Votto 0 xbh, 1 rbi .240 slg in the playoffs is hilarious.

He’s a superstar!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I sure do miss the days of the Sun Deck.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

4. Likes:

bubbachunk (10-25-2020),Edd Roush (10-03-2020),Larkin Fan (10-04-2020),RedsfaninMT (10-04-2020),Revering4Blue (10-03-2020),Ron Madden (10-03-2020),SunDeck (10-04-2020)

Joe Morgan was a central part of the “Big Red Machine” of the 1970s, helping the club to consecutive World Series wins in 1975 and ’76. However, the two-time MVP hit just .182 over 50 postseason games. In the Cincinnati’s World Series loss in 1972, Morgan hit .125 (3-for-24) and hit underneath .200 in six of his 11 career playoff series.

Willie Mays made five trips to the postseason and left without a memorable moment to his credit. He hit just one home run during 99 plate appearances and contributed just six extra-base hits. In 1951, he hit into a record three double plays in Game 4 of the World Series while hitting just .182 in a losing effort against the Yankees.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Joe Morgan was a central part of the “Big Red Machine” of the 1970s, helping the club to consecutive World Series wins in 1975 and ’76. However, the two-time MVP hit just .182 over 50 postseason games. In the Cincinnati’s World Series loss in 1972, Morgan hit .125 (3-for-24) and hit underneath .200 in six of his 11 career playoff series.

Willie Mays made five trips to the postseason and left without a memorable moment to his credit. He hit just one home run during 99 plate appearances and contributed just six extra-base hits. In 1951, he hit into a record three double plays in Game 4 of the World Series while hitting just .182 in a losing effort against the Yankees.
    What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    What's your point?
    No one really holds their poor postseason performance against Morgan or Mays, or the many other HOF players who didn’t perform well in the post season. If you’re going to mock Votto for his postseason performance, you should mock Morgan, Mays and many others.

Obviously, I don’t think you should.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

No one really holds their poor postseason performance against Morgan or Mays, or the many other HOF players who didn’t perform well in the post season. If you’re going to mock Votto for his postseason performance, you should mock Morgan, Mays and many others.

Gotcha.

JV has been an incredible player; next level at the plate. I don't really care about any of that playoff stuff. I don't really care about the money he's getting. I care most about the production. It's declining and it's not going to bounce back significantly. His skill sets will continue to fade.

I don't want this franchise to look at the money their saddled with paying him and put him in positions just because of the money.

9. Likes:

onehand (10-04-2020)

Yet in game one, I was praying for someone to hit a bloop single into centerfield with a man in scoring position like Lil' Joe did in game 7 of 1975 WS.

11. Likes:

SomeCallMeTim (10-03-2020)

When the pressure is on and the lights are bright, votto just melts.

It’s not only him, it’s nearly every red and every bengal for 25-30 years.

Cincy pro sports pee down their leg every chance they get. Maybe burrow is different.

1 rbi and 0 xbh. Lolol. Mr nightmare is clutch

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I think the anger is being directed in the wrong place. Votto has earned his money over the life of his contract. The problem is the Reds stupidity in how it was done. When he was creating a lot of positive value and putting up MVP numbers, the team wasn't trying to win. In fact, the contract extension he signed kicked in after their last winning season. So, the Reds signed him presumably because he was an MVP caliber talent (and he was before he got old) who could be the centerpiece of a winning team and before the ink was dry, they decided they didn't want to try to win and started tanking. Now that those MVP caliber days are over, and Votto has aged into a drag on the team, they've decided to try again. These should be the rebuilding. tanking years. Somebody deserves a lot of anger directed their way, but it isn't Joey Votto.

When it became apparant that the team couldn't compete, the Reds should have leveled with Votto and told him they couldn't win with him and tried to deal him when he was producing at a high level. Some say it wasn't possible, I think it was. Less productive players making bigger money have been dealt.
    Well, we don't know for sure that the front office failed to realistically address Votto about that very situation circa 2016, and Votto decided to stay anyway, assuming ownership didn't put the kibosh on the idea of trading their main drawing card.

In any case, your main point still stands, as ownership still failed to realistically take into account Votto`s timeline of All Star level production, while proceeding with the 'plan' of ignoring significant veteran reinforcements until December of 2018.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

14. Likes:

REDREAD (10-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Wire22Wire View Post
    Last Saturday: Joey Votto On The Reds: "I Think We're A F**king Nightmare. And I Think Everybody Knows That."

Joey Votto Career Postseason:

11 Games. 47 PA. 41 AB. .244 avg .563 OPS .244 SLG. Zero Extra Base Hits. 1 RBI -- Zero XBH and 1 RBI is amazingly hilarious.

Can't Field. Cant hit. Just wrapped up a neg WAR season.

And he's been a Key part of a playoff No hit sweep, an epic 3 home game collapse, a pirates shut out, and a 4th- 22 inning no run playoff sweep.

At least he is kinda right, he is a F'ing nightmare (For the organization)

The entire offense sucked during the playoff games, but I think he's the worst of the bunch for running his mouth and saying something so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by MR X View Post
    The entire offense sucked during the playoff games, but I think he's the worst of the bunch for running his mouth and saying something so stupid.
    Right. But you could tell he was just doing it to do it. He didn’t mean it.

I mean, he’s a joke in the postseason. And further proved it

He acts like the reds are some juggernaut, they were 31-29 and half
    The league made the postseason.

It’s too goood, it’s like he was just trolling everyone, cause deep down he knows they’re just a bunch of losers

He must not realize the last time the reds won a playoff series, most computers still had floppy drives

the last time the reds won anything tim layana was alive

Right. But you could tell he was just doing it to do it. He didn’t mean it.

I mean, he’s a joke in the postseason. And further proved it

He acts like the reds are some juggernaut, they were 31-29 and half
    The league made the postseason.

It’s too goood, it’s like he was just trolling everyone, cause deep down he knows they’re just a bunch of losers

He must not realize the last time the reds won a playoff series, most computers still had floppy drives
    Strong 4th post.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

19. Likes:

Edd Roush (10-03-2020),RedsfaninMT (10-04-2020)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

When the pressure is on and the lights are bright, votto just melts.

It’s not only him, it’s nearly every red and every bengal for 25-30 years.

Cincy pro sports pee down their leg every chance they get. Maybe burrow is different.

1 rbi and 0 xbh. Lolol. Mr nightmare is clutch
    Yeah, the 0 XBH and 1 RBI are atrocious. I don't know what they can do, their hands are tied and he's not going to retire.

If he has to start, you have to get him off of the field, DH him.

FWIW, as a Browns fan, I can see that Burrow is different. No need to worry there as long as the OL can keep him in one piece.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

The dude was trying to motivate the boys and get behind them. It didn’t work out and please don’t turn this into a meme. Intentions were in the right place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

22. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-05-2020),Coopdaddy67 (10-03-2020),CySeymour (10-03-2020),Edd Roush (10-03-2020),fondfoat (10-04-2020),RedsfaninMT (10-04-2020),Revering4Blue (10-03-2020),Ron Madden (10-03-2020)

Turn Off Ads?