Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Joey Votto is a Nightmare

Re: Joey Votto is a Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    The dude was trying to motivate the boys and get behind them. It didn’t work out and please don’t turn this into a meme. Intentions were in the right place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet a double or rbi woulda been better than acting like they’re awesome when they’ve sucked for 3 decades. Lol

2. Turn Off Ads?

when they’ve sucked for 3 decades.
    I mean, why is anyone responding to this? It's obvious this is not intended for serious discussion.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

4. Likes:

Coopdaddy67 (10-03-2020),CySeymour (10-03-2020),fondfoat (10-04-2020),Larkin Fan (10-04-2020),Revering4Blue (10-03-2020),Ron Madden (10-03-2020),wally post (10-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I mean, why is anyone responding to this? It's obvious this is not intended for serious discussion.
    I’m waiting for the RedsZone sleuths to determine which former troll user this is.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

6. Likes:

757690 (10-03-2020),RedsfaninMT (10-04-2020),Ron Madden (10-03-2020),SunDeck (10-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Yeah, the 0 XBH and 1 RBI are atrocious. I don't know what they can do, their hands are tied and he's not going to retire.

If he has to start, you have to get him off of the field, DH him.

FWIW, as a Browns fan, I can see that Burrow is different. No need to worry there as long as the OL can keep him in one piece.

They should hit him 7th and never let him play in the field

I’d just release him after next year too. He’s negative value, just keep paying him, they’ll save by not having him create losses

Votto will become the target for hate because of money sadly. He was getting underpaid when playing at his best, no one cared. Now of course everything will be JVs fault. Gonna be a bit sad over the next couple of seasons to have these repeated Votto threads. Some Reds fans thought he was getting paid too much when he wasn't, now....sigh. People will be disrespecting one of the best Reds ever almost daily, I imagine.

9. Likes:

goreds2 (10-04-2020),REDREAD (10-04-2020)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

At the end of the day, every series poster here appreciates Votto for what he is.

The fools and trolls should be ignored and ultimately banned.

I am disappointed this thread has been allowed to remain so long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Likes:

CySeymour (10-04-2020),goreds2 (10-04-2020),wally post (10-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    I’m waiting for the RedsZone sleuths to determine which former troll user this is.
    It’s too obvious
    What would you say.....ya do here?

13. Likes:

CySeymour (10-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    At the end of the day, every series poster here appreciates Votto for what he is.

The fools and trolls should be ignored and ultimately banned.

I am disappointed this thread has been allowed to remain so long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes. Quoting votto directly then discussing his playoff production should get anyone banned.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wire22Wire View Post
    Yes. Quoting votto directly then discussing his playoff production should get anyone banned.

Lol
    No, but incessant negativity about one player might!

Rule #5

Quote Originally Posted by fondfoat View Post
    Votto will become the target for hate because of money sadly. He was getting underpaid when playing at his best, no one cared. Now of course everything will be JVs fault. Gonna be a bit sad over the next couple of seasons to have these repeated Votto threads. Some Reds fans thought he was getting paid too much when he wasn't, now....sigh. People will be disrespecting one of the best Reds ever almost daily, I imagine.
    Few will hate Joey over the money that he earned in prior years... the question facing ownership/management for 2021 is whether the Reds have a better chance to win with Joey on the field or limited to DH. I think there's still a roster spot for him in 2021. The fans' anger will rightfully be directed at the team management if they make the wrong decision for 2021.

I don’t give a sh.it about the money he’s owed or what he’s done In the last 12 years.

I care about the reds getting better.

I don’t care about his feelings. Or loyalty. Or any of that stuff that doesn’t matter.

He’s getting all his money. Good for him

But he’s not adding any value and shouldn’t be paying 1st or hitting 2-5

Quote Originally Posted by Wire22Wire View Post
    I don’t give a sh.it about the money he’s owed or what he’s done In the last 12 years.

I care about the reds getting better.

I don’t care about his feelings. Or loyalty. Or any of that stuff that doesn’t matter.

He’s getting all his money. Good for him

But he’s not adding any value and shouldn’t be paying 1st or hitting 2-5
    This all day. I like Joey Votto. He's going to go down as one of the Reds all-time greats. But, 2020-21 Votto ain't 2009-17 Votto. I wish it was but it's not. Feelings aside, from a baseball perspective he should be a part time DH as bat 7th. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInMS View Post
    This all day. I like Joey Votto. He's going to go down as one of the Reds all-time greats. But, 2020-21 Votto ain't 2009-17 Votto. I wish it was but it's not. Feelings aside, from a baseball perspective he should be a part time DH as bat 7th. Period.
    His OPS was .800 even with a .220 batting average. His ops+ was 110. Look at stats other than batting average. He is obviously on the decline but he was above league average.

21. Likes:

757690 (10-04-2020),Coopdaddy67 (10-04-2020),Ron Madden (10-04-2020)

I don't really understand those of you that don't think he should be batting early in the lineup or out of it entirely. In a perfect world, he's in the #2 slot of the order.

His OBP (.354) was higher than regulars not named Winker (.388) and Shogo (.357). His OPS was higher than Suarez, Moustakas and Castellanos, which sums up why the Reds struggled to generate runs.
    Last edited by Coopdaddy67; 10-04-2020 at 01:24 PM.

23. Likes:

757690 (10-04-2020),Ron Madden (10-04-2020)

Turn Off Ads?