Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Votto Restructure

Re: Votto Restructure

What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    It's time to head home to the Jays and enjoy the rest of his years as a DH and sometime fielder. I think the Jays could use a cagy veteran like Votto, and the coming home of a potential HoF'er with a young club may sway.
    Joey Votto's offseason house is in California, and he has been in Cincinnati for most of his adult life.

I'd question if he even has any designs on moving back to Canada.

4. Likes:

PuffyPig (10-05-2020),Revering4Blue (10-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomaswaynem View Post
    Mornings are my quiet time where I catch up on the news etc.

I’ve read several posts regarding the money the Reds owe for next season, can they sign Bauer and still bring in offensive help? I think the answer lies with Votto. What are the odds that the Reds could convince him to restructure the remaining 3 years of his deal? Stretch them out and defer down the line? This could solve a whole bunch of problems for the Reds. Say they defer $15 million this year....that’s 15 million to improve the team.

Votto isn’t getting any younger and this will be his last shot at a winner. He doesn’t need the money right now, and likely wants to win. The front office needs to get creative to open up some funds for the next couple years. The reds offense was terrible against the Braves but look what their pitching did to One of the best offensive squads in the league. They are right there but just need some minor tweAks! Find a way to bring Bauer back, and find a young slap hitter or two that can get on base.

Thoughts?
    In American or Canadian dollars?
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    Restructure would be good in ways. I hate owing money to something that doesn't help in the present though. I love Votto. He has been a great Red, and he will be in the Reds HoF oneday. But I think it's time he realizes he is not the player he was when he signed his contract. It's time to head home to the Jays and enjoy the rest of his years as a DH and sometime fielder. I think the Jays could use a cagy veteran like Votto, and the coming home of a potential HoF'er with a young club may sway.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...offseason.html

Seems like they have some money. Obviously we'd have to chip in too. But a team like the Reds can't afford a guy who makes that kind of money unless he can produce consistently the way someone who makes that kind of money needs to be producing.
    Jays already have a DH, Guerrero.

Turn Off Ads?