Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Eddie Van Halen RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Eddie Van Halen RIP

This year needs a good, stiff punch in the nose. Go to hell 2020.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-06-2020)

Ouch.

They call me "chef"

It must be an odd experience to die during COVID-19 times due to a non-COVID-19 cause. I feel like one of the few comforting aspects of death is the thought of your loved ones and humanity forging ahead and having a bright future left to live, even if you're gone. It must be wild for the last 8 months of your life to involve seeing everyone enter the beginning of a worldwide new normal that hasn't quite reached the stage where things get better.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    This year needs a good, stiff punch in the nose. Go to hell 2020.
    Agreed, but it won't match the continued punch in the nuts it has thrown out all year.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

All of the David Lee Roth-era Van Halen albums are good-to-great, but I think Women and Children First doesn't get the love that it deserves.

All of Eddie's playing on "And the Cradle Will Rock..." is perfect. Not just the solo, everything on that track.

9. Likes:

Betterread (10-07-2020),Chip R (10-06-2020),goreds2 (10-07-2020),M2 (10-06-2020),marcshoe (10-07-2020),Revering4Blue (10-06-2020)

I hadn't kept up and didn't know he was sick. What a fantastic guitarist. RIP.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

This is sad. Beat the cancer before, but it returned. He was sui generis as a guitarist. He could play technically well, but he also was a great effects and feedback manipulator. Highlights for me are Somebody get me a doctor, and The cradle will rock, unchained and Panama.
    The first three Van Halen records were benchmarks. Metallica and Van Halen pic.
    https://twitter.com/Metallica/status...765824/photo/1

12. Likes:

goreds2 (10-07-2020)

I remember hearing Ain't Talkin' Bout Love for the first time when I was 10 years old and being frozen in my tracks listening to it. I was at the Coney Island Sunlite pool and I remember sitting under the speaker for what seemed like forever until the DJ came back on to announce what songs they just played. I had never heard of Van Halen before that but they instantly became my favorite band.

Kind of a neat thing - the full recordings of the demo they cut with Gene Simmons before they became big exists on YouTube. If you like Van Halen it worth a listen. On the studio albums they really tried to make Eddie's guitar the focal point but on the demo its much more balanced and a rougher sound which I like. The other thing that's cool is a large number of their songs from the 1st 4 albums were already written by 1976. In some cases they have different titles or lyrics but the song is unmistakable for example Mean Street used to be Voodoo Queen. In fact nearly every song on their last studio album "A Different Kind of Truth" exists on this demo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-3b3TPgkOQ

14. Likes:

goreds2 (10-07-2020),M2 (10-08-2020),marcshoe (10-07-2020)

Valerie Bertinelli reveals Eddie Van Halen’s last words, says the ‘end came in slow motion’

https://news.yahoo.com/valerie-berti...130003587.html
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

16. Likes:

Betterread (01-05-2022)

Valerie Bertinelli says she and ex Eddie Van Halen reached ‘a beautiful place’ at the end of his life

Bertinelli, 61, writes about her journey to acceptance and openness, the heartbreaking final moments with Van Halen before his death, and her recent separation from her second husband in her new book, “Enough Already: Learning to Love the Way I Am Today.” The book went on sale Tuesday.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/valerie-b...141144092.html
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

18. Likes:

Chip R (01-20-2022)

Turn Off Ads?