Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 198

Thread: Redsí Search for D. Williamsí Replacement

  1. #166
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    25,351

    Re: Redsí Search for D. Williamsí Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    If only the Reds would have got a stud 3b a stud pitcher and a left fielder who made the All-Star team in those trades.
    The Suarez trade was not part of the rebuild. Maybe the Duval trade was, but it’s debatable.
    ďWeíre going to get the pitching.Ē -Bob Castellini
    ďYou got the pitching, now what?Ē - Reds fans


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #167
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    82

    Re: Redsí Search for D. Williamsí Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Jeter came in and traded away Stanton, Yelich, Ozuna, Realmuto, etc. I have no idea to what degree Michael Hill was responsible for various moves and players but Jeter doesnít deserve an ounce of credit just because of the fluky 2020 playoff appearance as far as Iím concerned.
    Iím more interested in the guys who scouted, drafted, and developed Stanton, Ozuna, Yelich, and Realmuto than the guy who traded them away...that is a monster of a lineup.

  4. Likes:

    M2 (10-18-2020),mth123 (10-18-2020),RiverRat13 (10-19-2020)

  5. #168
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43

    Re: Redsí Search for D. Williamsí Replacement

    The search is OVER! and the winner is......... Castellini's pocket!

  6. Likes:

    KronoRed (10-19-2020)

  7. #169
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    25,351

    Re: Redsí Search for D. Williamsí Replacement

    From Nightengale Twitter:

    #Reds announce GM Nick Krall will fill Dick Williams' position and become the new head of the baseball operations department. He will keep his GM title.

    https://twitter.com/nightengalejr/st...203535882?s=12
    ďWeíre going to get the pitching.Ē -Bob Castellini
    ďYou got the pitching, now what?Ē - Reds fans

  8. #170
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    290

    Re: Redsí Search for D. Williamsí Replacement

    This was anticlimactic. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I don't think Krall will be bad, it's just a little strange to me.

    Why wait a couple of weeks to announce this? Was there going to be a search at all? Why didn't they just announce it when Williams left? The timing just seems odd to me.

  9. #171
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    49,374

    Re: Redsí Search for D. Williamsí Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by redsman2007 View Post
    This was anticlimactic. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I don't think Krall will be bad, it's just a little strange to me.

    Why wait a couple of weeks to announce this? Was there going to be a search at all? Why didn't they just announce it when Williams left? The timing just seems odd to me.
    Well, I'm assuming here that they wanted to be sure to talk with Krall, and others in the higher up baseball ops department about who would do what, take over which roles, and see if it made sense to bring someone else in to help spread out the work or not.

  10. Likes:

    jwdoc77 (10-19-2020),Ron Madden (10-19-2020)

  11. #172
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,683

    Re: Redsí Search for D. Williamsí Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    From Nightengale Twitter:

    #Reds announce GM Nick Krall will fill Dick Williams' position and become the new head of the baseball operations department. He will keep his GM title.

    https://twitter.com/nightengalejr/st...203535882?s=12
    Least surprising news ever. Lends credence to the theory that DW had become vestigial and most of the activity/direction we've seen the past two years have been Krall's doing.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  12. #173
    Member Rolando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,395

    Re: Redsí Search for D. Williamsí Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The Suarez trade was not part of the rebuild. Maybe the Duval trade was, but it’s debatable.
    Sure they were part of the rebuild the reds quit trying to win after 2014 and that's when those guys were acquired
    Crazy Reds Fan

  13. #174
    Member Rolando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,395

    Re: Redsí Search for D. Williamsí Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyle E. Coyote View Post
    The search is OVER! and the winner is......... Castellini's pocket!
    Well this is an interesting take
    Crazy Reds Fan

  14. #175
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    25,351

    Re: Redsí Search for D. Williamsí Replacement

    ďWeíre going to get the pitching.Ē -Bob Castellini
    ďYou got the pitching, now what?Ē - Reds fans

  15. Likes:

    cincinnati chili (10-19-2020),Gandalf the Red (10-19-2020)

  16. #176
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    49,374

    Re: Redsí Search for D. Williamsí Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    Well this is an interesting take
    I'm not running around posting it like Wyle E Coyote is, but I'd be a lying liar if I said it wasn't something that crossed my mind almost immediately upon the announcement that this move probably saves the Reds a 7-figure salary a year.

  17. #177
    Member mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    24,899

    Re: Redsí Search for D. Williamsí Replacement

    When Jocketty "left" and Williams was made the man, he didn't get Krall as GM right away. I'm guessing there will be a move at some point. Will it be a PR move, like giving the "GM" job to Barry Larkin or Johnny Bench or something, or will it be a baseball move where they get an actual GM? Will they continue to promote from within and continue to grow a tree without many branches, or will they bring in some new blood, new perspectives and new ideas by searching outside? I think there is another shoe to drop, but it may be 2022 before it happens.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

  18. #178
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,683

    Re: Redsí Search for D. Williamsí Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    When Jocketty "left" and Williams was made the man, he didn't get Krall as GM right away. I'm guessing there will be a move at some point. Will it be a PR move, like giving the "GM" job to Barry Larkin or Johnny Bench or something, or will it be a baseball move where they get an actual GM? Will they continue to promote from within and continue to grow a tree without many branches, or will they bring in some new blood, new perspectives and new ideas by searching outside? I think there is another shoe to drop, but it may be 2022 before it happens.
    Krall is an actual GM and, per the announcement, he's keeping that title.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  19. Likes:

    RiverRat13 (10-20-2020),Ron Madden (10-19-2020)

  20. #179
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    11,947

    Re: Redsí Search for D. Williamsí Replacement

    C. トレント・ローズクランズ @ctrent
    As we see teams downsizing in response to the pandemic, itíll be interesting to see if this becomes a trend. Titles have wildly changed over the last decade. Krallís title remains the same. Heíll still be the GM and do what is traditionally the GM job

  21. #180
    Member Rolando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,395

    Re: Redsí Search for D. Williamsí Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I'm not running around posting it like Wyle E Coyote is, but I'd be a lying liar if I said it wasn't something that crossed my mind almost immediately upon the announcement that this move probably saves the Reds a 7-figure salary a year.
    I see your point but I'm guessing this is just streamlining things I'm not really sure what Williams did.
    Crazy Reds Fan


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator