Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Perspective

Perspective

Funny how a reality check changes your outlook on life. A neighbor, who's one of the country's top bear biologists just called to tell me a grizzly was spotted in our neighbors yard...about 300 yards from our place. We have 5 horses on our place, so I'm keeping an eye out. It's evidently scavenging deer and elk gut piles.

A liitle different from my life through college days in Oxford!

2. Likes:

dfs (10-18-2020),M2 (10-20-2020),marcshoe (10-18-2020),oneupper (10-19-2020),RFS62 (10-21-2020),Rojo (10-22-2020),Roy Tucker (10-19-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Perspective

Is this your neighborhood? (Yes, I know this is not a grizzly, but it's a nice segue to this funny video.

No, "our" bear took a dump on the school playground!

Have no fear, the wolves will take care of the bear --->

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/out...cid=uxbndlbing

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMT View Post
    Funny how a reality check changes your outlook on life. A neighbor, who's one of the country's top bear biologists just called to tell me a grizzly was spotted in our neighbors yard...about 300 yards from our place. We have 5 horses on our place, so I'm keeping an eye out. It's evidently scavenging deer and elk gut piles.

How long have you lived in Montana? Do you love it? I have never been to the state, but I imagine it would be a place that I would enjoy living at this point in my life. Some of the images on television, and even in the tv show Yellowstone (I know some scenes are in Utah, but most is in Montana) are breathtaking.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I'm still processing the phrase "gut piles".
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    How long have you lived in Montana? Do you love it? I have never been to the state, but I imagine it would be a place that I would enjoy living at this point in my life. Some of the images on television, and even in the tv show Yellowstone (I know some scenes are in Utah, but most is in Montana) are breathtaking.
    This is true: Montana is the only state where the wildlife hunt the people. With guns.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I went to college here in the early '80's, then to Miami U for grad school, then back here with my wife in '93. It's even more beautiful than pictures show. One of the things I love most, is the sparse population. Winters colder than you can imagine tend to make that happen. I literally could ride a horse from our property turn left under the dirt road in front of our house, ride down to the state land a half-mile and from there ride 50 miles or so and I'd be in Yellowstone, never crossing a road the whole time. Montanans like to claim Yellowstone since most the entrances (3) are in Montana, but the vast majority of the land is in Wyoming.

11. Likes:

cumberlandreds (11-16-2020),Roy Tucker (11-13-2020)

Saw gut piles often in Ohio many years ago while walking my dog. Had to chase poachers off land owned by Hayes Aroretum (Richmond)my first job out of college ('85). If there are deer/elk, there will be gut piles. Here, I usually have 3 or 4 bald eagles working on cleaning up the pile within hours after my kill. My record was 5 balds and two goldens at one time. Research baldies and vulture vomit to have a new "appreciation" of our national symbol.
    Last edited by RedsfaninMT; 11-13-2020 at 12:22 PM.

13. Likes:

cumberlandreds (11-16-2020),Roy Tucker (11-13-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMT View Post

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/al...?ocid=msedgntp

Turn Off Ads?