Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Post Bubble - Draft & Offseason

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: NBA Post Bubble - Draft & Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    If Morey goes to the Sixers, I'm thinking Harden for Embiid goes down.
    Could be. But, for some reason, I think it's going to be a deal based around Simmons and Horford in exchange for Harden and Gordon.

Either way - assuming a deal landing Harden in Philly materializes - that likely precipitates a corresponding Houston deal which sends Westbrook to the Big Apple in exchange for a package centered around the 8th pick.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

https://www.click2houston.com/sports...stephen-silas/

Looks as if Stephen Silas will be the Rockets next coach

Silas is an NBA lifer with a phenomenal reputation.

That said, I figured he was third choice, at best, behind Lucas and the better Van Gundy brother.

With Morey almost immediately signing on in Philly, I wonder if Houston's going to go into rebuilding mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Here's a mock draft with trades from The Ringer.

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/#mock
    would be very please if the Lakers picked up Ramsey.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Speaking of Zach Collins, I find this proposed deal interesting. I have no strong opinion one way or another, but just thought I'd pass this along.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketba...celtics-roster
    Not in a million years. Jody Allen would never agree to it financially. 99% of all trade proposals concerning the Blazers by The Athletic or B/R never have any basis for making any sense both financially and in an accurate estimation of the quality of the players involved. Just like most people here are always wrong about the probability of the final outcome of any Blazers' season (where I'm always extremely accurate).

I wouldn't trade Zach Collins for two Gordon Haywards (and neither would Olshey) even if Hayward's horrible contract was as sexy and attractive as Zach Collins' dollars and control over the next five years.

Btw, those contracts of Turner, Crabbe, Leonard and Harkless that were supposed to cripple the Blazers just came to an end this month.

All Portland achieved over the time of those contracts were two 3rd Place finishes in the regular season of the Western Conference, a Western Conference Finals appearance, playoff appearances every season, game after game of incredible performances, a playoff bubble domination over MEM, SAS, NOP, and others trying to get the 8th seed, and an established core of Dame, C.J., Nurk, Trent, and Zach all under team control for several more years, and an opportunity at another Western Conference Finals appearance in 2021 depending on what pieces are added to Hood, Little and Simons (hopefully, Ariza and Melo, a Veteran PG, and a Wing with a 2021 1st Rd pick).

Now that the NBA' Players Union has nixed the Dec 22nd Start Date (pushing for Jan 18th, MLK Day), Rodney Hood should be ready for the start of the season and Zach will only miss about 30 games.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Morey's officially signed with the Sixers, which probably makes them the most interesting team to watch this offseason. They'll be doing something.

Also, as a child of the mid-Atlantic, I grew up riding Morey boogie boards. The Delaware and Jersey shores are still filthy with them. There's just no way Philly doesn't make a zillion boogie board memes.

Last edited by M2; 10-29-2020 at 01:24 AM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

9. Likes:

RichRed (10-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Silas is an NBA lifer with a phenomenal reputation.

That said, I figured he was third choice, at best, behind Lucas and the better Van Gundy brother.

With Morey almost immediately signing on in Philly, I wonder if Houston's going to go into rebuilding mode.
    Silas was hired based on his offensive mindset...Van Gundy would have meant serious changes, I think the Rockets want one final go of it before deconstructing that team.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-30-2020)

Dallas is attempting to get another star through the draft or through a trade...I would imagine the same thing could be said about 8-10 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    It's something Utah fans get nervous about given the size of the market and the value of the team.
    I would have to assume a team like Utah is always under some level of threat to be relocated based on team values. Utah has been a well run organization with a strong fan base, yet they are in the bottom 3rd in team values. Teams like the Wizards and Suns have a higher market value....two teams that have not been ran well and have less loyal fan bases. As long as Seattle, Vegas, and emerging markets like Nashville are out there wanting a NBA team, there is always some degree of chance one of those lower value teams will explore relocating. A small market team like Utah has to be less than enthused that a team like the Clippers who have probably been the worse ran organization in the NBA except for the last decade and are the 2nd most followed team by a large margin in their own city.....and still are worth almost 2x as much as the Jazz.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Dallas is attempting to get another star through the draft or through a trade...I would imagine the same thing could be said about 8-10 teams.
    It's going to have be via trade if they want anyone who's a star in the next few years. Lots of interesting players in draft, but not much in the way of star potential. I expect them to land someone. Aaron Gordon would be interesting on that team.

Morey's officially signed with the Sixers, which probably makes them the most interesting team to watch this offseason. They'll be doing something.

Also, as a child of the mid-Atlantic, I grew up riding Morey boogie boards. The Delaware and Jersey shores are still filthy with them. There's just no way Philly doesn't make a zillion boogie board memes.

Ha, I definitely had a Morey board that I used to ride the monster 4 ft. waves off the Va. Beach oceanfront as a kid.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

16. Likes:

M2 (10-29-2020)

It's going to have be via trade if they want anyone who's a star in the next few years. Lots of interesting players in draft, but not much in the way of star potential. I expect them to land someone. Aaron Gordon would be interesting on that team.
    They have tried to get Gordon in the past and Orlando was reluctant to deal...and then Porzingas landed in their laps.

Rumors are they are trying to package 18 and 31 to move up...several teams are trying to do the same thing.

Wrong Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    They have tried to get Gordon in the past and Orlando was reluctant to deal...and then Porzingas landed in their laps.

Rumors are they are trying to package 18 and 31 to move up...several teams are trying to do the same thing.
    What do they get if they move up, other than a project? As for Gordon, I've seen/heard a fair amount of speculation that Orlando is willing to move his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Hayward would be a great fit on that team. I know he costs, but a multi-faceted forward like him immediately would kick that team up a notch (if he can stay healthy). Unfortunately, the guy Dallas has who could make that deal work is Dwight Powell and he blew out his Achilles (which could rob him of his shock and awe game). Not sure how to make the money work there.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

According to Shams Charania of The Athletic, the NBA and NBPA have agreed to extend the deadline for either side to terminate the collective bargaining agreement to November 6. Negotiations between the two sides have not been contentious, which is good news when it comes to next season. Either side would be required to serve notice by November 6 to terminate the agreement, with that then occurring on December 14. A salary cap has yet to be officially determined, and until that occurs the league cannot move forward with next season. Another issue for both sides is when will next season begin, with it being reported that the league wants a 72-game slate that would begin on December 22. The NBPA favors a mid-January start, but if that were to occur the league could counter with a 50-game schedule.

SOURCE: Shams Charania on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?