Turn Off Ads?
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657

Thread: NBA Post Bubble - Draft & Offseason

Re: NBA Post Bubble - Draft & Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    - Did Shake Milton and Furkan Korkmaz just stage a coup in the Philly backcourt?
    Somebody had to. Danny Green was the SG version of Al Hoford tonight. I can't remember him playing any second half minutes. Speaking of no minutes, no Matisse Thybulle until about 10 seconds as a defensive switch late in the fourth.

Tobias Harris was not so good at basketball tonight. Seemed a step slow on both ends of the court and missed shot after shot during what seemed like nearly a quarter without the Sixers scoring (they actually did go the first 6 minutes of the third without a point). Seth Curry had an off-night from deep (1-for-5) and disappeared quite a bit in the first half. He's not a high-motion J.J. Redick type regarding his ability to get open, so he's got to pick his spots and didn't get loose for very many tonight.

Shake Milton was very good at basketball- got closer minutes tonight and was the primary non-Embiid spark when he was on the floor. As for Embiid, wow...it was nice to see the Sixers running plays to isolate him and draw off double/triple teams in the second half. It was almost like they had a coach that could adjust to what was happening. Thrilling! I also hearted Dwight Howard's high-energy calming influence tonight. Didn't try to do too much and racked up 10 boards in 13 minutes.

Tyrese Maxey was also very good in limited (11) minutes. His three-point shot is a work in progress, but he made a couple moves in the lane that were...dare I say it...Kemba-esque.

The bad news was that the team still showed stretches where they couldn't put the ball through the hoop. The good news is that they went through those stretches and, unlike last season, still won the game.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

2. Likes:

M2 (12-23-2020),Revering4Blue (12-24-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Somebody had to. Danny Green was the SG version of Al Hoford tonight. I can't remember him playing any second half minutes. Speaking of no minutes, no Matisse Thybulle until about 10 seconds as a defensive switch late in the fourth.

Tobias Harris was not so good at basketball tonight. Seemed a step slow on both ends of the court and missed shot after shot during what seemed like nearly a quarter without the Sixers scoring (they actually did go the first 6 minutes of the third without a point). Seth Curry had an off-night from deep (1-for-5) and disappeared quite a bit in the first half. He's not a high-motion J.J. Redick type regarding his ability to get open, so he's got to pick his spots and didn't get loose for very many tonight.

Shake Milton was very good at basketball- got closer minutes tonight and was the primary non-Embiid spark when he was on the floor. As for Embiid, wow...it was nice to see the Sixers running plays to isolate him and draw off double/triple teams in the second half. It was almost like they had a coach that could adjust to what was happening. Thrilling! I also hearted Dwight Howard's high-energy calming influence tonight. Didn't try to do too much and racked up 10 boards in 13 minutes.

Tyrese Maxey was also very good in limited (11) minutes. His three-point shot is a work in progress, but he made a couple moves in the lane that were...dare I say it...Kemba-esque.

The bad news was that the team still showed stretches where they couldn't put the ball through the hoop. The good news is that they went through those stretches and, unlike last season, still won the game.
    I assume last year's team doesn't even show up for the 4th quarter.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-24-2020),SteelSD (12-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Tobias Harris was not so good at basketball tonight.
    I have an amazing lineup on Draftkings tonight that's gonna win pretty good money... All except for Tobias Harris at my SF. Which is funny cuz at 6200 dollars against the Wiz he was the first guy I locked in. Thought for sure he was gonna have a big night. His dud is a killer for me cuz I nailed every other pick.

The West champions looking like hot trash against Utah

8. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (12-24-2020),M2 (12-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    The West champions looking like hot trash against Utah
    I'm thinking of writing a musical called How to Score 120 Points Without Really Trying. It's going to involve playing the Trail Blazers.
    Last edited by M2; 12-24-2020 at 01:40 AM.

10. Likes:

texasdave (12-24-2020)

James Johnson looks like the old head guy on every respectable pickup court in America - the guy who does no work, talks all the time and has one spot on the court where he never misses. Johnson doesn't play that way, but he looks exactly like that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    James Johnson looks like the old head guy on every respectable pickup court in America - the guy who does no work, talks all the time and has one spot on the court where he never misses. Johnson doesn't play that way, but he looks exactly like that guy.
    Johnson is an interesting character...2nd degree black belt and kickboxer with a 20-0 record.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Harden isn't missing a chance to feast on that Portland defense. https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ts-sources-say

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Adam Silver, best of the sports commissioners by a significant margin, discussed, among other things, expansion.
    That is a really, really low bar.

That's like saying that Ted Bundy was the best of the serial killers.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?