Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Post Bubble - Draft & Offseason

Re: NBA Post Bubble - Draft & Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    My older brother is the biggest basketball fan I know and he spent all afternoon today texting me about Okongwu. In his opinion he’s the best player in this draft class.
    nothing good has ever came out of Chino Hills....

I honestly did not watch much of him @ USC....but he is getting tons of buzz
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    nothing good has ever came out of Chino Hills....

I honestly did not watch much of him @ USC....but he is getting tons of buzz
    I like Okongwu a lot, and I think he has a really high floor, but I also think he's getting a significant Bam Adebayo bump. I think he's a notch below Bam and has as much a chance as becoming Ian Mahinmi as he does Bam.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-16-2020)

NBA Post Bubble - Draft & Offseason

Houston sending Robert Covington to Portland for Trevor Ariza, a 2020 1st, and a 2021 protected 1st.

Houston starting to break it down.

6. Likes:

BillDoran (11-16-2020),Kingspoint (11-16-2020),Revering4Blue (11-16-2020)

Shams Charania is reporting Jrue Holiday is heading to Milwaukee for Eric Bledsoe, George Hill, three firsts and two pick swaps.

That's quite a price for Holiday.

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-16-2020)

"One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I have wanted Covington for five years. Don't know how many times I've said it on this site.

CHAMPIONSHIP!

Sign Robin Lopez and a Veteran PG with the MLE and Vet Min and the building blocks are all in place.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

My older brother is the biggest basketball fan I know and he spent all afternoon today texting me about Okongwu. In his opinion he’s the best player in this draft class.
    Whoever the Celtics target always seems to be the best player.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Houston sending Robert Covington to Portland for Trevor Ariza, a 2020 1st, and a 2021 protected 1st.

Houston starting to break it down.
    Boy, Covington is a great fit for the Blazers.

Lillard, McCollum, Hood, Covington and Nurkic. Bench is thin right now, but that's a tough lineup. Don't think it wins the West, but if they stay healthy that's a team than can cause some problems.

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-16-2020)

Btw, Ariza can be bought out for about $2M on a team option.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Shams Charania is reporting Jrue Holiday is heading to Milwaukee for Eric Bledsoe, George Hill, three firsts and two pick swaps.

That's quite a price for Holiday.
    All in to keep Giannis. It’s championship or bust and as much as I like Jrue it’s going to take more, especially if Brooklyn lives up to potential.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Boy, Covington is a great fit for the Blazers.

Lillard, McCollum, Hood, Covington and Nurkic. Bench is thin right now, but that's a tough lineup. Don't think it wins the West, but if they stay healthy that's a team than can cause some problems.
    The bench will be Trent, Collins, the backup C and the backup PG they get with the MLE and Vet Min, plus they will still have Little, Gabriel and Simons improving. Hezonja makes 13.

So many players are available for Portland to fill the backup Center and backup PG positions (although they went into last season without one, which was a mistake as Simons flopped in that role). Heck, Covington can run point.

Man, I hope I can get a vaccine by the time the playoffs start and get to go to the games.

19. Likes:

BillDoran (11-17-2020)

Why did Robert Covington cost 2 first round picks? His stats aren’t that great, I don’t get it?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

21. Likes:

texasdave (11-17-2020)

Why did Robert Covington cost 2 first round picks? His stats aren’t that great, I don’t get it?
    This is a weak draft so Portland’s #16 could probably be valued around what would be an early to mid 20s pick in a normal draft. The 2021 pick has protections that have not yet been announced. Also Covington is one of the most underrated players in the league. He’s really good for a player that has never been even remotely considered a star.

23. Likes:

BillDoran (11-17-2020)

Turn Off Ads?