Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Post Bubble - Draft & Offseason

Re: NBA Post Bubble - Draft & Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I have not been to this thread for awhile now. What is your opinions of my 76ers draft and trades?
    Curry and Green give them perimeter players, which they desperately needed. I question how much Maxey is going to play with Curry, Green, Thybulle, Milton, Korkmaz and Ferguson also pushing for minutes. I like Howard and Bradley as backups for when Embiid needs to be load managed. Oddly, I think the makeover thrusts Tobias Harris into a more important role. He's the guy who can score from the greatest variety of places on the court and probably the main beneficiary of the extra spacing.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

goreds2 (11-25-2020),Revering4Blue (11-25-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I have not been to this thread for awhile now. What is your opinions of my 76ers draft and trades?
    Getting Maxey at #21 was a great move and he's reportedly been working hard on his threes in the offseason. Isaiah Joe has a shot, so it was nice to see the team not sell off it's 2nd rounders for peanuts.

In initially hated the Curry trade, but I've started to come around. Richardson is a better defender, but there's a wider gap offensively between he and Curry than I realized. Richardson hasn't moved the dial north for his shooting efficiency (@50%) while Seth is at 59% for his career (62% last season). Terrance Ferguson is long, athletic, and was decent as of a couple seasons ago.

The Hoford trade was great. I wasn't expecting to get anything back (heck, I was fearful there would be no takers at all), so a year of a useful Danny Green and a flyer on Terrance Ferguson revisiting 2018-2019 (he was abysmal last season) is great. Replacing him with a cheap Dwight Howard was icing.

Ryan Broekoff can shoot off the bench and he'll probably see limited minutes. I actually really like the value acquisition of Tony Bradley. Based on his stats, the guy might just be a 10-pt/10-board back-up for Howard when Embiid gets load managed out of the lineup. Now, if he could stop fouling, that would help get him more minutes.

I wouldn't say mission accomplished yet, but at least we can see that there's a project plan in place.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

5. Likes:

They're still short shooting, IMO. Curry is a great start there and may be too valuable to leave off the court despite his defensive shortcomings. Thybulle, Harris, and Milton have to be above average shooters. Defensively, they should be monsters.

7. Likes:

Hassan wears a crown.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I don't get why the Kings would let Bogdanovic walk. They had the space to fit him under the cap and they could have moved him or Hield for something sweet during or after the season.

10. Likes:

texasdave (11-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I don't get why the Kings would let Bogdanovic walk. They had the space to fit him under the cap and they could have moved him or Hield for something sweet during or after the season.
    They are a poorly run franchise. It wasn't just Vlade.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    They are a poorly run franchise. It wasn't just Vlade.
    That's got to be the owner, right?

I personally believe the Hawks significantly overpaid for Bogdanovic. He is a solid 28 year old role player...a rotation guy whose perception became exaggerated by "NBA Twitter". Kings already have several overpaid rotation players in Harrison Barnes, Buddy Hield and Corey Joseph. I think it is a bad way to build an NBA team.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-26-2020)

while I am not so much against this decision, Vivek Ranadivé has been a owner that makes poor decisions. I do think the new GM Vivek Ranadivé along with Joe Dumars are taking the right approach in not rushing the rebuild, and building around Fox's timeline. The mistake the Kings likely made was not trading Bogdanovic last season.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I personally believe the Hawks significantly overpaid for Bogdanovic. He is a solid 28 year old role player...a rotation guy whose perception became exaggerated by "NBA Twitter". Kings already have several overpaid rotation players in Harrison Barnes, Buddy Hield and Corey Joseph. I think it is a bad way to build an NBA team.
    They're all in that sweet spot where you can move those contracts in a package for an actual star. And there's nothing wrong with solid. If the Kings had kept Bogdanovic, they'd have a deeper team. He's an asset and they let him walk for nothing.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

while I am not so much against this decision, Vivek Ranadivé has been a owner that makes poor decisions. I do think the new GM Vivek Ranadivé along with Joe Dumars are taking the right approach in not rushing the rebuild, and building around Fox's timeline. The mistake the Kings likely made was not trading Bogdanovic last season.
    You nailed the real issue: The failure to deal Bogdanovic last season.

Also agree about building around Fox's timeline, which entails minutes for Haliburton, Ramsey and Woodard II at the expense of Bogdanovic's minutes. And retaining Bogdanovic would have given the KIngs another albatross contract - along with Barnes and Hield - which would have required the use of significant draft compensation to unload. Much like 2015, when Jason Thompson and Carl Landry were unloaded - well, their contracts anyway - to Philly along with significant draft compensation.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    You nailed the real issue: The failure to deal Bogdanovic last season.

Also agree about building around Fox's timeline, which entails minutes for Haliburton, Ramsey and Woodard II at the expense of Bogdanovic's minutes. And retaining Bogdanovic would have given the KIngs another albatross contract - along with Barnes and Hield - which would have required the use of significant draft compensation to unload. Much like 2015, when Jason Thompson and Carl Landry were unloaded - well, their contracts anyway - to Philly along with significant draft compensation.
    I don't think Ramsey and Woodard fit Fox's timeline. If Fox takes another step and hits star level, the Kings need to be ready to win when that happens. Otherwise he's going to get frustrated about the endless wait for a contending season that never comes. Bogdanovic was wanted by both the Bucks and Hawks (and I suspect a few other teams would love to have him). He's a guy they'd be able to move for draft picks, not with draft picks.

And if a player like KAT hits the market, Bogdanovic is the sort of guy who makes that package work (with MB3 and other stuff). My general take is contracts in the $15M-$25M are good to have, provided the guy can play. They're how you leverage you way into stars, especially if you're not a destination market. Keeping a pile of cap space open and hoping someone takes your money doesn't seem to net results for smaller market teams.

Petrie did really well under the previous owners and then did poorly under the automobile brothers.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I meant the new GM Monte McNair
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Petrie did really well under the previous owners and then did poorly under the automobile brothers.
    I think my aunt dated Geoff Petrie in high school.

Turn Off Ads?