Turn Off Ads?
Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Post Bubble - Draft & Offseason

Re: NBA Post Bubble - Draft & Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Agreed.

They really need to see what they have in a possible Anthony / Fultz backcourt pairing, as well as Okeke at forward. That's, in essence, an extra first round pick for this season. But, unless they've absolutely blown away with an offer, I highly doubt that Vuc moves this season, regardless of the amount of production from Bamba.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Fultz is going to have to take a big step forward this year, his QO for the next season is 16 million. That's way to much to pay for a PG averaging well under 15 ppg. I don't see Vuc getting moved until next season or the following season when he'll be in the last year of his deal. He's the face of the franchise and the only legit All Star candidate we have. Still I can't help but wonder how valuable he would be to a lot of playoff contenders who would love to have a floor stretching 5 of his quality.

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-04-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Fournier's definitely moving at the deadline. Got to believe Gordon's getting moved too.
    Most Orlando fans I talk to believe wherever AG goes next he'll likely figure it out and make that leap to stardom he's never been able to accomplish in Orlando. Not that they truly believe that, just a "would be our luck" mindset. I do think on the right team he could be quite the all around weapon.

5. Likes:

M2 (12-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    If I was the Magic, I would blow it up and make sure I get a top pick. If they could land the #1 pick, Cunningham could be a franchise changer.
    Yep.

Blow it up. Keep Okeke, Anthony, and Bone (whom I like as a second unit, push the pace backup). Gary Clarke is interesting as well.

Everyone should be available for picks and bad contracts.

Go full Presti.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Most Orlando fans I talk to believe wherever AG goes next he'll likely figure it out and make that leap to stardom he's never been able to accomplish in Orlando. Not that they truly believe that, just a "would be our luck" mindset. I do think on the right team he could be quite the all around weapon.
    Somebody should want to find out.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Somebody should want to find out.
    What contender needs a hyper-athletic poor-shooting PF, though?

At this point, Gordon is Julius Randle without the rebounding. As a second unit scorer, he's a great fit. But that's pretty much all he is.

Maybe Utah could use him. That's about it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    What contender needs a hyper-athletic poor-shooting PF, though?

At this point, Gordon is Julius Randle without the rebounding. As a second unit scorer, he's a great fit. But that's pretty much all he is.

Maybe Utah could use him. That's about it, though.
    IMO, teams with shooting could use Gordon as a roll man. I suspect that with a lot of space in which to operate, he'd be a handful. He's a particularly fit for that because he passes pretty well too. If you start trying to collapse on him, he'll find the shooters.

10. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (12-04-2020)

IMO, teams with shooting could use Gordon as a roll man. I suspect that with a lot of space in which to operate, he'd be a handful. He's a particularly fit for that because he passes pretty well too. If you start trying to collapse on him, he'll find the shooters.
    If I recall, he is not a terrible shooter at home games.....but can't hit anything in away games. I have always thought Gordon's issues are mental....not sure that is ever improved.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

12. Likes:

texasdave (12-04-2020)

They turned down the same offer HOU got from POR for Covington. Olshey wanted Gordon first. I'm glad they turned him down.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

What contending teams have enough shooting?

It'd have to be a team that has some cash to spend or a decent contract to share, has a massive hole at PF, can cover Gordon defensively, and has a center that can shoot. Or a team that has a really bad contract. (For example, Charlotte would have been a great pick if Orlando would have been willing to take on Batum's contract along with draft picks.)

Who you got?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    They turned down the same offer HOU got from POR for Covington. Olshey wanted Gordon first. I'm glad they turned him down.
    Covington fits Portland well.

That said, Gordon would have been an excellent acquisition for the Blazers.

Any halfway decent PF would have been a solid acquisition for the Blazers.

16. Likes:

BillDoran (12-04-2020),Kingspoint (12-04-2020),Rojo Rijo (12-04-2020)

It'd have to be a team that has some cash to spend or a decent contract to share, has a massive hole at PF, can cover Gordon defensively, and has a center that can shoot. Or a team that has a really bad contract. (For example, Charlotte would have been a great pick if Orlando would have been willing to take on Batum's contract along with draft picks.)

Who you got?
    I think he'd be a great fit on the Celtics (and, no, I can't figure out how to make the money work). Nuggets, Blazers and Brooklyn all seem like interesting spots for him too.

- - - Updated - - -

Covington fits Portland well.

That said, Gordon would have been an excellent acquisition for the Blazers.

Any halfway decent PF would have been a solid acquisition for the Blazers.
    I suspect a team could play Gordon and Covington together. Just sayin'.

I think Gordon's overvalued. He's fun to dream on, but it's a lot of empty calories and highlight plays. He's a poor man's Blake Griffin. Griffin with less intensity and no shot. You look at that age and some of the plays he makes and think he'll figure it out some day, but he hasn't done much in the way of improving since entering the league. Also, given his style of play, I'd bet you get some injuries and early injury decline. As the Blazers, I'd rather have him than Covington, but there's no all star future for Gordon.

Personally, I think he's been cursed for his brother sporting a ducktail.

NBA Post Bubble - Draft & Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    I think Gordon's overvalued. He's fun to dream on, but it's a lot of empty calories and highlight plays. He's a poor man's Blake Griffin. Griffin with less intensity and no shot. You look at that age and some of the plays he makes and think he'll figure it out some day, but he hasn't done much in the way of improving since entering the league. Also, given his style of play, I'd bet you get some injuries and early injury decline. As the Blazers, I'd rather have him than Covington, but there's no all star future for Gordon.

Personally, I think he's been cursed for his brother sporting a ducktail.
    While I agree on the Griffin comparison somewhat Gordon is a better defender than Blake ever was. Both extremely athletic but Gordon has better agility.

NBA Post Bubble - Draft & Offseason

Who you got?
    Gordon is solid on defense. He’s committed to that end of the floor and has the elite athleticism to guard nearly any position.

Tell KAT COVID is a conspiracy.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Karl-Anthony Towns said he lost six additional family members due to the coronavirus this offseason and he acknowledged he hasn't been in a good place mentally since his mom passed. "I play this game more because I just love watching my family members seeing me play a game I was very good and successful at," said Towns. "It always brought a smile for me when I saw my mom at the baseline and in the stands and stuff and having a good time watching me play. It's going to be hard to play. It's going to be difficult to say this is therapy. I don't think this will ever be therapy again for me. But it gives me a chance to relive the good memories I had." Our hearts go out to KAT and his entire family, and while he'll be physically ready for the start of the 2020-21 season, it's obvious that he's been emotionally drained this offseason.

SOURCE: Jon Krawczynski on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?