Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Post Bubble - Draft & Offseason

Re: NBA Post Bubble - Draft & Offseason

M2, I've been waiting for years of your assessment of Fournier to come true. All he does he make the other players around him worse....year after year after year after year.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Not absurd at all. I've disagreed with a lot of your assessments of players. All the Magic do is play poorly when he's on the court. It can't be more simple than that. He doesn't pass the eyetest and he doesn't pass the-team-is-better-on-the-floor-with-him-than-without-him test.
    You need a new a stronger glasses prescription. They count up a stat to measure that and he's got a positive on-off during his time with the Magic. Last year he got saddled with playing alongside Markelle Fultz. Like Zee said, put some functional players around him and Fournier's space creation can pay some dividends. I also suspect he works better in an offense with some pace.
    Last edited by M2; 12-06-2020 at 02:37 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    You need a new a stronger glasses prescription. They count up a stat to measure that and he's got a positive on-off during his time with the Magic. Last year he got saddled with playing alongside Markelle Fultz. Like Zee said, put some functional players around and Fournier's space creation can pay some dividends. I also suspect he works better in an offense with some pace.
    You defended Russell Westbrook time after time, and now the world knows that I was always right about him. He sucks as an NBA player. He makes others around him worse and his teams always implode around him because of him. You kept trying to use stats to defend Westbrook like you are doing with Fournier, but the fact remains, both of these players make poor decisions more often than they make good ones (thought I did give Westbrook credit for changing last season and doing well at it, actually). I wouldn't want Fournier on my team any more than I would Westbrook (as so many others agree on that finally). Fournier is not a good teammate in a professional NBA environment. He doesn't understand the basic fundamentals of what winning basketball is.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    You defended Russell Westbrook time after time, and now the world knows that I was always right about him. He sucks as an NBA player. He makes others around him worse and his teams always implode around him because of him. You kept trying to use stats to defend Westbrook like you are doing with Fournier, but the fact remains, both of these players make poor decisions more often than they make good ones (thought I did give Westbrook credit for changing last season and doing well at it, actually). I wouldn't want Fournier on my team any more than I would Westbrook (as so many others agree on that finally). Fournier is not a good teammate in a professional NBA environment. He doesn't understand the basic fundamentals of what winning basketball is.
    You're hopeless with this stuff. You randomly pick guys based on emotional criteria (e.g. any PG who dares be compared to Dame - and Russ was better than Dame for a long time, though Dame is better now). For whatever reason you've got a hair across your butt about Fournier. If he went to Blazers you'd change your tune about him instantly. If you can rationalize Melo, Hassan Whiteside and Rodney Hood, Evan Fournier would be an easy lift for you.

Hassan Whitehead will be a tremendous pickup for whoever picks him up. No idea why he hasn't been signed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Hassan Whitehead will be a tremendous pickup for whoever picks him up. No idea why he hasn't been signed yet.
    He's with the Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    He's with the Kings.
    Sacramento makes the playoffs then.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Sacramento makes the playoffs then.
    I'm not a Whiteside fan, and I really question whether he and Jabari Parker were wise additions to a team that's going to need to put out consistent effort. Yet I think they're certainly in contention with the playoffs expanded out to 10 teams. Only OKC (which is tanking) and San Antonio (I don't know what they're doing) seem hopeless, and there's a voice in the back of my head warning me never to count out the Spurs.

Errr...Whiteside not Whitehead. I have never gotten that right.

Dreaded double post.

12. Likes:

M2 (12-06-2020)

I can't get Harden to Philly to work without Simmons, and I don't think Philadelphia would be willing to do that anyway. (Nor, IMO, would Houston, oddly.)

I can get to the following, though:

Harden to Golden State for Klay Thompson and James Wiseman

Harden to Denver for Jamal Murray and Will Barton

Harden to NOLA for Zion Williamson, Eric Bledsoe, and JJ Redick is a personal fave.

Harden to Indiana for Oladipo and TJ Warren plus three 1st round picks.

Harden to Boston for Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, and Aaron Nesmith.

Harden to Miami for Tyler Herro, Bam Adebayo, Kelly Olynyk, and Andre Iguodala.

None of them are particularly realistic (though I do like the Denver one for both squads-- and the NOLA deal makes an odd type of sense too).

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Harden to Golden State for Klay Thompson and James Wiseman

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-10-2020)

I just love this. Think it's four years overdue. Curry has always had to be twice as good as anybody else on the team to get minutes because of his size and draft position (undrafted). But, he's always been an excellent one-on-one defender and a decent defender at switching despite his size, posessing one of the highest basketball IQ's in the NBA, is nothing but clutch during the last five minutes of close games, stretches the floor as well as any player in the league, and distributes the ball better than anyone on the Trailblazers current roster, though that's not saying much (no offense, Dame). Stotts rightfully so, always closed games with him on the floor in a 3-guard lineup, something Stotts loves to use, but only if the 3rd Guard has enough qualities to pull it off (can pass, hit a clutch three and play better Defense than Dame and C. J., and is preferably taller than both, though Curry wasn't, but he was so darn good in everything else). Curry's weakness? He's an extremely poor rebounder who doesn't understand that there's always five rebounds per game waiting for him at the free throw-line that bounce long if he just hangs out there after a shot instead of standing around looking and waiting for someone taller to grab the ball or getting back on Defense with a streaking opponent...there's still a compromise that can be made with the streaking opponent and grabbing that rebound that goes to the free-throw line as there's plenty of time to anticipate getting it or going back, but he never goes for it, so he gets 1 rebound per game...that's four posessions he needlessly gives up).

He was forced to start a large number of games for Dallas because of injuries last year, and, of course, played like he'd been doing for five years in the league. If he truly gets a fair shake by Doc, the Sixers become extremely dangerous with two playmakers as good as Simmons and Curry on the floor at the same time. He also offers Embiid a nice kickout should Embiid choose that option.

Doc Rivers hinted that Seth Curry will be a starter for the 76ers this season. When asked if the starting lineup on opening night would be Ben Simmons, Seth Curry, Danny Green, Tobias Harris and Joel Embiid, Rivers responded: "You can make that assumption, but it doesn't mean it won't change. But it sounds like a good lineup. I may use that." Curry said a couple of days ago that he's been getting a lot of run alongside Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons, so this all but confirms that he'll be an opening night starter in Philly, which makes sense given the 76ers need for 3-point shooting. Curry can be considered a viable late-round target in deep leagues.

SOURCE: Keith Pompey on Twitter

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...harden-holdout He needs 6 straight negative tests or some such. I am severely disappointed in his actions.

Turn Off Ads?