Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: NBA Post Bubble - Draft & Offseason

Re: NBA Post Bubble - Draft & Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I think they'll end up with Barton, Murray, Fauco, Joker, and Porter as their closing lineup.
    I think it's Facu. Do you really think they close with him? I'm dubious of that. Also think they've got a better, taller other PG (maybe two) if they want to go that direction. I'd want some defense out there - Milsap, Green, Harris.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I think it's Facu. Do you really think they close with him? I'm dubious of that. Also think they've got a better, taller other PG (maybe two) if they want to go that direction. I'd want some defense out there - Milsap, Green, Harris.
    I think he's gonna prove to be a sneaky great sign.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-21-2020)

I think he's gonna prove to be a sneaky great sign.

If he is, that team is stupid loaded. Yet I'd still want two solid defenders on the court with Jokic, Murray and Porter for balance.

If he is, that team is stupid loaded. Yet I'd still want two solid defenders on the court with Jokic, Murray and Porter for balance.
    Yeah, defense is going to be Denver's key.

I suspect Campazzo's going to be a pest defensively, and that'll keep him in the lineup over Harris, who's been bad his entire career. Think peak JJ Barea with better steals and assist percentages. I also think Murray is going to eventually become a better defensive player-- he's dedicated himself to that end, according to interviews, over the off- and pre-seasons. He'll be able to step it up a bit as a shooting guard, I suspect. Barton, if he's engaged, could be a big-time help in that regard as well. Early in his career (before Portland let him go), Barton was a good defensive wing. He's lost some of that in Denver, as he's picked up his scoring output.

Bol Bol might be the help Denver needs defensively too. He's probably not going to start early in the year, but he's got a skillset that might be interesting.

Yeah, defense is going to be Denver's key.

I suspect Campazzo's going to be a pest defensively, and that'll keep him in the lineup over Harris, who's been bad his entire career. Think peak JJ Barea with better steals and assist percentages. I also think Murray is going to eventually become a better defensive player-- he's dedicated himself to that end, according to interviews, over the off- and pre-seasons. He'll be able to step it up a bit as a shooting guard, I suspect. Barton, if he's engaged, could be a big-time help in that regard as well. Early in his career (before Portland let him go), Barton was a good defensive wing. He's lost some of that in Denver, as he's picked up his scoring output.

Bol Bol might be the help Denver needs defensively too. He's probably not going to start early in the year, but he's got a skillset that might be interesting.
    Do not forget about Monte Morris (or PJ Dozier for that matter). He's a classic pass-first PG with a solid offensive game and a historically good assist-to-turnover ratio. There's a number of teams that should be after him to be their starting PG.

Will be interesting to see if Bol or Hartenstein get the bulk of the backup center minutes.

We probably shouldn't overlook that they've got RJ Hampton lurking on their roster too. He's incredibly raw, so they'll likely bring him along slowly, but he was rated the most electric athlete in this latest draft.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Do not forget about Monte Morris (or PJ Dozier for that matter). He's a classic pass-first PG with a solid offensive game and a historically good assist-to-turnover ratio. There's a number of teams that should be after him to be their starting PG.

Will be interesting to see if Bol or Hartenstein get the bulk of the backup center minutes.

We probably shouldn't overlook that they've got RJ Hampton lurking on their roster too. He's incredibly raw, so they'll likely bring him along slowly, but he was rated the most electric athlete in this latest draft.
    Cleveland is the first team that came to mind as a future home for Morris, as they have no true lead guard. Perhaps Larry Nance Jr, with his ability to both stretch the floor and switch out in defense, would interest the Nuggets.

Amazingly enough, the Clippers still lack a true lead guard. But I highly doubt the Nuggets are in the business of increasing the Finals odds for a fellow conference contender.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

9. Likes:

M2 (12-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Amazingly enough, the Clippers still lack a true lead guard. But I highly doubt the Nuggets are in the business of increasing the Finals odds for a fellow conference contender.
    Biggest hole in a true contender?

I think it's possible.

Lots and questionable extensions handed out today.

I'm not sure I understand Derrick White for four years and $73M. I definitely don't understand Markelle Fultz for three years and $20M, and I'm pretty certain I'd say no to a four year, $80M deal for Jonathan Isaac as well. (Orlando's nearly capped out as a .500 team?) Kennard for four years and $64M? Ooookay.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Morris is almost exactly what the Clippers need, but you're right that the Nuggets would be crazy to hand him over.

Lots and questionable extensions handed out today.

I'm not sure I understand Derrick White for four years and $73M. I definitely don't understand Markelle Fultz for three years and $20M, and I'm pretty certain I'd say no to a four year, $80M deal for Jonathan Isaac as well. (Orlando's nearly capped out as a .500 team?) Kennard for four years and $64M? Ooookay.
    It was hit-yourself-in-the-head-with-a-shovel day in the NBA. Also, Rudy Gobert is going to be getting $40M a year. That's insane.

14. Likes:

adkindo (12-21-2020),Bourgeois Zee (12-21-2020)

Adam Silver, best of the sports commissioners by a significant margin, discussed, among other things, expansion. The NBA hasn't added a new team since 2004 (the Hornets/ Bobcats). Seattle obviously gets one bid.

What city/ state gets the other?

Adam Silver, best of the sports commissioners by a significant margin
    I do not think there is a single quantitative measurement to support that statement....actually most point in the other direction.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Morris is almost exactly what the Clippers need, but you're right that the Nuggets would be crazy to hand him over.
    Charlotte could dangle one of their PGs, but what would they want back? Zubac would give them five centers. Lower 20's draft picks?

And, really, how big of a bump would Terry Rozier have on the Clips?

I can't make a deal work, honestly.

Does DeMar DeRozan for Beverley, Sweet Lou, and Zubac make any sense? Does Williams and a pick for George Hill?

I honestly do not mind the Fultz and Isaac extensions. I am not saying I would bet on it working out, just that it is a gamble that could pay off if their evaluators are correct. I speculate that the FO will work to move contracts and rebuild over the next two years around Anthony, Fultz, Isaac, Okeke and maybe Bamba.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-21-2020),Rojo Rijo (12-22-2020)

Teams are doing extensions because it appears free agency is going to be somewhat less over the next 2-3 years.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

21. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-21-2020)

Turn Off Ads?