Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Post Bubble - Draft & Offseason

Re: NBA Post Bubble - Draft & Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    not sure if you are serious, but I would take a 22 year old 6'11" Collins over a 28 year old 6'8" Theis every day of the week. I do not think Collins has an All Star team in his future but I do think he has another level or two to go as his game and body continue to develop.
    Theis had a really good season. A 130 offensive rating and a 105 defensive rating is tough to beat. Collins has way more upside, but Theis' numbers this year were better across the board. The NBA is strewn with the carcasses of would-be high upside guys who just need time and something to click. Most of the time, the time is earned-- or not. And the click just doesn't happen.

2. Likes:

M2 (10-27-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Most her feel Colllins is a B+ player based on what we have seen.
    B+ is an interesting grade.

Is he better than PJ Washington, for example?

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Speaking of Zach Collins, I find this proposed deal interesting. I have no strong opinion one way or another, but just thought I'd pass this along.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketba...celtics-roster

On the latest episode of his podcast 'The Lowe Post', Zach Lowe said that the Boston Celtics shipping Gordon Hayward in exchange for Portland Trail Blazers' Zach Collins, Trevor Ariza, and Rodney Hood might be something both teams can agree upon.

Zach Collins is still 22, and has already shown some potential that he could be a dominant big man in the future. He can also develop into a decent 3-point shooter, which will help the Boston Celtics stretch the floor, giving more room for their guards to attack the rim.

As the competition gets tougher in the Western Conference next season, the Portland Trail Blazers need a serious upgrade to remain a playoff contender. Though not at his prime anymore, Gordon Hayward has a few good years left in him, and can be a great fit for Portland's power forward position. However, this NBA trade rumor will have some weight only if Gordon Hayward agrees to a sign-and-trade deal this season.

While giving up Zach Collins, Trevor Ariza and Rodney Hood might seem too much for a 30-year-old Hayward, we have to keep in mind that Ariza and Hood will be free agents next year, and the Blazers might as well make the most out of their contract before they walk out in 2021.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

^^^ironic, I was just listening to this episode an hour ago in the car....Lowe is fairly high on Collins.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

That deal instantly makes the Celtics worse. Boston's on the doorstep. It needs somebody who's ready to go right now, not a fever dream. I think Hayward on Portland would be a great fit, but I think a third team that would want a Portland package and have something the Celtics want is missing.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    ^^^ironic, I was just listening to this episode an hour ago in the car....Lowe is fairly high on Collins.
    I have yet to listen to that podcast, but plan to..Offseason prediction-oriented podcasts are often fun.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    That deal instantly makes the Celtics worse. Boston's on the doorstep. It needs somebody who's ready to go right now, not a fever dream. I think Hayward on Portland would be a great fit, but I think a third team that would want a Portland package and have something the Celtics want is missing.
    Yeah, after thinking about it - I've yet to listen to the podcast and Lowe's reasoning for the deal from Boston's end - this is also where I am.

Not unlike Pacers fans subjected to countless trade proposals designed to fix their so-called big man problem, it has to be reaching the point with Celtics fans in regards to countless calls for them to deal Hayward where one just shakes his or her head and asks why?

And let's not forget that the Celts fell into an 0-2 hole in the ECF without Hayward. IMHO, they're better off keeping him unless they are absolutely blown away with an offer that doesn't heavily preclude them from seriously contending now. And this proposed deal with Portland creates more questions than answers for Boston, especially if the Celtics fail to advance to the Finals this upcoming season and they're left with only Collins and cap space to show for Hayward.

10. Likes:

M2 (10-28-2020)

Here's a mock draft with trades from The Ringer.

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/#mock

Note - without spoiling the fun - one mock trade - specifically, the selection of the player after trading up - is one in which a certain executive would have to be drunk to even consider. Once you read the article/mock, you'll assuredly know what I mean.

The Miller family just sold the Utah Jazz to Ryan Smith, who is a 40 year old Utah billionaire. Seems good, at least for making sure the Utah Jazz stay in Utah long term.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    The Miller family just sold the Utah Jazz to Ryan Smith, who is a 40 year old Utah billionaire. Seems good, at least for making sure the Utah Jazz stay in Utah long term.
    I assume leaving Utah isn't a consideration regardless of the owner.
    Last edited by M2; 10-28-2020 at 12:56 PM.

14. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (10-28-2020)

It's something Utah fans get nervous about given the size of the market and the value of the team.

This.

Given EnergySolutions Arena isn't antiquated despite being nearly 30 years old (still plenty of club seats and luxury boxes) and the desire for the league to garner future expansion entree fees from new franchises down the road, there's no way Silver and the NBA Board of Governors would allow any potential owner to move the team.

This current NBA landscape is definitely a far cry from their early years in Salt Lake City - pre-salary cap days - in which the team was teetering on the verge of bankruptcy, and rumored to be either sold to Minneapolis/St. Paul or Miami ownership groups or to be merged with the then-Kansas City Kings franchise.

The Philadelphia 76ers are reportedly in advanced talks to hire Daryl Morey to oversee their basketball operations.

ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported Wednesday the deal is expected to be completed "in the next few days." General manager Elton Brand will stay on in his position.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...all-operations

Josh Harris,

Make.

This.

Happen.

18. Likes:

M2 (10-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    This.

Given EnergySolutions Arena isn't antiquated despite being nearly 30 years old (still plenty of club seats and luxury boxes) and the desire for the league to garner future expansion entree fees from new franchises down the road, there's no way Silver and the NBA Board of Governors would allow any potential owner to move the team.

This current NBA landscape is definitely a far cry from their early years in Salt Lake City - pre-salary cap days - in which the team was teetering on the verge of bankruptcy, and rumored to be either sold to Minneapolis/St. Paul or Miami ownership groups or to be merged with the then-Kansas City Kings franchise.
    As unlikely as it may be, I'll just say as a Jazz fan, I'm very happy that the team was sold to a young rich Utah Jazz fan.

20. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    The Philadelphia 76ers are reportedly in advanced talks to hire Daryl Morey to oversee their basketball operations.

ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported Wednesday the deal is expected to be completed "in the next few days." General manager Elton Brand will stay on in his position.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...all-operations

Josh Harris,

Make.

This.

Happen.
    If Morey goes to the Sixers, I'm thinking Harden for Embiid goes down.

Turn Off Ads?