Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joey Votto is a Nightmare

Joey Votto is a Nightmare

Last Saturday: Joey Votto On The Reds: "I Think We're A F**king Nightmare. And I Think Everybody Knows That."

Joey Votto Career Postseason:

11 Games. 47 PA. 41 AB. .244 avg .563 OPS .244 SLG. Zero Extra Base Hits. 1 RBI -- Zero XBH and 1 RBI is amazingly hilarious.

Can't Field. Cant hit. Just wrapped up a neg WAR season.

And he's been a Key part of a playoff No hit sweep, an epic 3 home game collapse, a pirates shut out, and a 4th- 22 inning no run playoff sweep.

At least he is kinda right, he is a F'ing nightmare (For the organization)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Joey Votto is a Nightmare

nah.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

cant tell the truth about a disastrous signing, he is rancid ,, 1-3 no out in the first cant get the run in,, cant score from second on a hit,, somehow freddy freeman got the run in

WTF are they going to do with him with $82m owed and a no trade clause that he won't wave? I agree that he is absolutely NOT a winning major league baseball player at this point in his career and I want no part of him on this team anymore....BUT...how are they going to do it without him retiring? They're stuck like Chuck, unfortunately.

Yep, it'll be very interesting to see what happens with JV moving forward.

If the DH stays does he do that? Do you want a DH that bats in the lower third of the order, because he probably shouldn't be above that at this point?

A true kerfuffle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    cant tell the truth about a disastrous signing, he is rancid ,, 1-3 no out in the first cant get the run in,, cant score from second on a hit,, somehow freddy freeman got the run in
    He certainly wasn't the only one he couldn't get to run in the whole day
    Crazy Reds Fan

true but he is paid to do that,, al;l others were hopeless also in addition to his hitting failing, he cant run or play defense

Votto put up a .800 OPS, +0.6 fWAR 60 game season.

He may not be earning his salary, but he is still providing positive production. If the DH becomes permanent, his likely becomes even more productive.

I am not worried about Joey Votto next year.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

10. Likes:

BoxingRed (10-03-2020),CySeymour (10-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    true but he is paid to do that,, al;l others were hopeless also in addition to his hitting failing, he cant run or play defense
    Well they are all paid to do that nobody's playing for free. But you're right he is getting paid the most and he should do his job. A guy like Suraez is way overpaid too. He can't hit run or play defense either.
    Crazy Reds Fan

Suarez just had one bad season, coming off an injury. It was a bad year, but he was great the year before, at least with the bat, and his contract is actually very good for the production he provided before 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    Well they are all paid to do that nobody's playing for free. But you're right he is getting paid the most and he should do his job. A guy like Suraez is way overpaid too. He can't hit run or play defense either.

13. Likes:

BoxingRed (10-03-2020),Revering4Blue (10-03-2020),Tony Cloninger (10-03-2020)

Glass half full....it could be worse. Really, Joey is still basically an average hitter that gets on base enough. He likely needs to be 6 or lower in the batting order going forward. No reason to really complain about the contract.....you had to know the backend was not going to be fun. At the same time, by every conceivable measure, the Reds received enough value/production from Votto for the entire contract by 2018. These are the types of contracts that elite player receive in free agency, and Votto could have went to another team and received similar dollars. If you are wanting to sign all star players on 2, 3, and 4 year deals, the pond is going to likely be guys coming off hot outlier seasons or guys a little past their prime (Castellanos & Moustakas type guys).
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

15. Likes:

REDREAD (10-03-2020)

I think the anger is being directed in the wrong place. Votto has earned his money over the life of his contract. The problem is the Reds stupidity in how it was done. When he was creating a lot of positive value and putting up MVP numbers, the team wasn't trying to win. In fact, the contract extension he signed kicked in after their last winning season. So, the Reds signed him presumably because he was an MVP caliber talent (and he was before he got old) who could be the centerpiece of a winning team and before the ink was dry, they decided they didn't want to try to win and started tanking. Now that those MVP caliber days are over, and Votto has aged into a drag on the team, they've decided to try again. These should be the rebuilding. tanking years. Somebody deserves a lot of anger directed their way, but it isn't Joey Votto.

When it became apparant that the team couldn't compete, the Reds should have leveled with Votto and told him they couldn't win with him and tried to deal him when he was producing at a high level. Some say it wasn't possible, I think it was. Less productive players making bigger money have been dealt.
    Last edited by mth123; 10-03-2020 at 12:10 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

17. Likes:

Bumstead (10-27-2020),fondfoat (10-04-2020),REDREAD (10-03-2020),RedsBaron (10-03-2020),Rojo Rijo (10-03-2020),Tony Cloninger (10-03-2020)

How many of these type of threads are too many? They lost get over it. If they would have won people would be saying how great they are. It was two games and a sixty game season. All it is, is doom and gloom from a team who are still rebuilding and made the playoffs after no one thinking they had a shot late in the season. Is there nothing anyone can enjoy?

19. Likes:

757690 (10-03-2020),CySeymour (10-03-2020),Danny Serafini (10-03-2020),dfs (10-04-2020),Edd Roush (10-03-2020),Larkin Fan (10-04-2020),Ron Madden (10-03-2020),Tuff Nut (10-03-2020)

Just blame Votto.
    Go Gators!

They call me "chef"

IMO, Joey Votto is less Rancid and more Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

Turn Off Ads?