Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Puppy

Re: Puppy

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    This was not my thread, but since I added my story, I thought I would follow up. I did not want to quickly get another dog after mine passed, but my daughter and ex-wife convinced me to go look at a rescue pup they thought I would like. As expected, once I met the little guy, he was coming home with me. The rescue owner and vet think he is about a year old Lhasa Apso / miniature poodle mix (Lhasa Poo). He is slightly larger and a few or pounds than my previous Yorkie Poo. He will never really replace her, but I am amazed how different his personality is compared to hers. She was extremely particular about the people she liked...basically it took time for a person to earn her affection and she wanted little to nothing to do with other 4 legged animals. She demanded my attention, but she was not really a "lap dog" as in she would not ever show a level of humility required to seek my attention....it was just an implied understanding between her and I. My new guy loves everyone including other 4 legged animals and has no issue letting me know he wants some personal attention!

I named him Oscar, and he cracks me up several times a day. When I walk him on a leash, he prances in front of me shaking his backside from left to right like he is on a catwalk. Although I have only had him for less than a month, he displays a fierce level of loyalty to me which is good and bad. The bad is he wants to be with me at all times...as in he sets right outside the shower door when I shower and will whine when I have to leave him behind. Last week, he was around my ex wife's dog which is a Labradoodle and weighs about 60 lbs....so about 4x the weight of Oscar. I have a long history of playing a little rough with the Labradoodle as in I will grab his nose/mouth for about a second to aggravate him....and he will playfully snap back at me while huffing and puffing. The Labradoodle would never bite anyone or anything to hurt them....it is just our playful thing. So I was doing it the other day, and the Labradoodle responded by jumping at me, snapping (maybe not the best descriptive word), and just playing with me......then all of a sudden I see this small white little thing come flying into my line of eyesight directly into the Labradoodle's face, snapping, growling and raising hell. Little Oscar thought the Labradoodle was trying to hurt his human, and was going to jump several weight classes to protect me. LOL. The Labradoodle just had this look of confusion! I had to calm Oscar down and have a little talk with him.

Still miss my little girl (Yorkie Poo), but Oscar is going to be good companion for many years.
    Awesome...my wife surprised me by putting a deposit down on a puppy for me, I think once we get her I will get a rescue dog as a partner for her. I’m still not 100% sure I’m ready but I do know I’ve felt better since I found out. I’m going to name her Prudence and call her Prudy, we will get her in mid February.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Likes:

adkindo (01-06-2021),moewan (01-02-2021),Revering4Blue (01-02-2021),Roy Tucker (01-02-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I was wrong about the date, we are going to go and get Prudy this Saturday. I’m pretty excited.

5. Likes:

adkindo (01-20-2021),redhawkfish (01-18-2021),Revering4Blue (01-18-2021),Slyder (01-25-2021),westofyou (01-20-2021)

Awesome!
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

7. Likes:

redsfanmia (01-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I was wrong about the date, we are going to go and get Prudy this Saturday. I’m pretty excited.
    Your heart will be lost in the new dog in no time. It's been 21 years since I put my first dog down. I no longer cry when i walk past her ashes, or the other two that followed, but each of my dogs will hold a piece of my heart till the day I take my last breath.

I am so happy for you. Please share the first time your dog makes you laugh...so probably Sunday.

9. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-27-2021),M2 (01-20-2021),redsfanmia (01-19-2021),Roy Tucker (01-20-2021),westofyou (01-20-2021)

My little guy has been cracking me up daily since I got him. A couple days ago, he was doing his business outside (#1) in the traditional male dog manner with the single leg hiked....and then I noticed he was also taking care of #2 at the same time! It was not like one slipped out either....lil man watered the grass and created a pile at the same time.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMT View Post
    Your heart will be lost in the new dog in no time. It's been 21 years since I put my first dog down. I no longer cry when i walk past her ashes, or the other two that followed, but each of my dogs will hold a piece of my heart till the day I take my last breath.

I am so happy for you. Please share the first time your dog makes you laugh...so probably Sunday.
    My wife surprised me by bringing her home a day early,she’s really small and I think was weeneda little too early. It was love at first sight, I can’t wait to see her grow.

13. Likes:

adkindo (02-04-2021),Revering4Blue (01-26-2021)

Turn Off Ads?