Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: You know you're getting old when ...

Re: You know you're getting old when ...

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    When you go down a Wikipedia rabbit hole and discover that Tom Skerritt is 87.

Viper is 87.
    Michael Stipe, frontman of that young band REM that's sweeping the nation, is 60.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I would call in song requests using a rotary phone while on a party line. Now that's old!
    I remember that when I was a kid we rented the phone from the phone company.

4. Likes:

goreds2 (10-30-2020),M2 (10-29-2020),SunDeck (10-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I remember that when I was a kid we rented the phone from the phone company.
    My buddy's mom rented hers for twenty five years, when found out he went to radio shack and bought her a new one and told her that she had spent hundreds of dollars on something he just paid $25 for

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    The last person collecting a Civil War pension died just this last June 2020

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/5333830002/
    Lieutenant Bobby Bonilla.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

7. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (11-06-2020),757690 (10-29-2020),cincinnati chili (11-21-2020),dfs (10-29-2020),goreds2 (10-30-2020),klw (10-29-2020),M2 (10-29-2020),RichRed (10-30-2020),Roy Tucker (10-30-2020),texasdave (10-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    speaking of camera's everywhere.....how did anyone get caught committing a crime before 2000ish? Everyone has played out how they would commit some horrible crime in their head after watching a movie or something.....and I can never make it past the random ATM camera picking up my car near that street around that time! I mean just to be able to commit a simple murder these days, you have to begin by stealing a car! There are literally people walking around on this planet because some dude gave up when he could not hot wire a car....
    Criminals aren't exactly good at what they do or at judging consequences to their actions.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

9. Likes:

westofyou (10-31-2020)

You know you're getting old when you do any of the following:

1) Read the entirety of a thread titled "You know you're getting old when..."
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-01-2020),M2 (10-31-2020),RichRed (10-30-2020),westofyou (10-31-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Criminals aren't exactly good at what they do or at judging consequences to their actions.
    Hence crime as the choice in the decision tree of life

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-01-2020),M2 (10-31-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Lieutenant Bobby Bonilla.
    The Bonilla contract seemed like a good idea at the time. The Wilpons took the money that they were deferring and invested it with Madoff. The money they were making with Madoff outweighed the interest they were paying Bonilla. But then all good things must come to an end.

...you have trouble thinking because you're not wearing your glasses.

...most pains are forgetable because there's always another one to take its place.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

...you find yourself checking out the moms/dads instead of the daughters/sons.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

17. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-01-2020)

My mom's grandparents were born in the 1860's.

That can make you feel old.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Stars I had and have crushes on would be over 100 if still alive.

- - - Updated - - -

...if you were furniture, you would be an antique.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Here's a baseball related one that I often come back to:

I feel like just yesterday Ken Griffey SENIOR was one of my favorite players in his prime. And now his son has completed a full HOF career, and that son has a son of his own who's a fully grown 26-year-old adult. I mean, how???
    A little bit of a different take on this. I used to collect baseball cards and I remember Ken Griffey Jr being the 1st player I saw whos birthday was after mine. Forever all the major leaguers were older than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    My mom's grandparents were born in the 1860's.

That can make you feel old.
    My great grandmother was born in 1882. I remember her well from my youth and when when she died in 1979 I remember thinking she'd lived in Westwood with gas lights and an outhouse as a child and had lived through the development of publicly available electricity and plumbing, the transition from horses to automobiles, from trains to planes, two world wars, a pandemic, the inventions of the telephone, radio and television and watched a man land on the moon live. I wonder if any generation could have lived through more impactful technological achievements?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

22. Likes:

redhawkfish (11-05-2020),RFS62 (11-05-2020),Roy Tucker (11-06-2020)

Bifocals.

Turn Off Ads?