Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Offseason Slobberknockers

Re: 2021 Offseason Slobberknockers

I’m thinking all 3rd Basemen. This way we can shift to always have the hot corner covered.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Point of the thread should be realistic trades that further Reds needs. Some I’ve read so far do not IMO.

Me, I’m not trading the top farmhands unless it’s a heist. Reds are too old and slow. They need the top young kids to develop and don’t have many.

Trading for another third baseman makes no sense to me unless one also deals with Suarez and Moose.

Snell is very good pitcher but has had injury. Only threw over 130 innings once in his career. Wouldn’t trade Hunter Greene for him but another package, I’d listen.

I’d trade Iglesias, yes, he’s “sell high.” Get a high level prospect, sure. Winker? Depends on NL DH rule. But if you trade him, better get a starting middle infielder who can hit and field.

So yeah, there are deals that make sense for the Reds and are worth discussing.
    Snell is 27 years old btw. He’s not old.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Ok here is mine: Reds/Rockies

Reds trade: Raisel Iglesius, Nick Senzel, and Curt Casali

Rockies trade: Trevor Story, Mychal Givins, and Aaron Schunk(A+) 3b their #6 prospect

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I was behind a flatbed truck moving a statue of Mr. Redlegs from the stadium to North I-71 this morning. I'll be interested to find out what we're getting in return for him.
    Being sent to the city of Montreal in return for the rights to Youppi!

Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes View Post
    Ok here is mine: Reds/Rockies

Reds trade: Raisel Iglesius, Nick Senzel, and Curt Casali

Rockies trade: Trevor Story, Mychal Givins, and Aaron Schunk(A+) 3b their #6 prospect
    Story is a FA after next season. I wouldn't deal Senzel for him.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

7. Likes:

Mitri (10-29-2020),Revering4Blue (10-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Story is a FA after next season. I wouldn't deal Senzel for him.
    It would have to be contingient on a contract extension. same as the trade for gray.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    The Rays have one advantage that no other team in baseball has. They get absolutely no pushback at all from their fanbase whenever they trade a talented and established (but still youngish) player for more lottery tickets. Because they have no fanbase. They don't have to worry about pissing off the season ticket holders or the sponsors. Nobody cares about the Rays, so they can wheel and deal with impunity.
    The Rays would more than likely be operating in the same manner even with a new stadium in place in a more accessible area in the Tampa metro market.

Granted, with a higher revenue stream placing the Rays closer to the Reds and Pirates, you may see a reasonable (years and $$) extension here and there - such as the Reds with Suarez. But, as JaxRed pointed out, the Rays MO serves as a model for the Pirates and Reds of the MLB world, and it seems extremely doubtful that the Rays would heavily deviate from the formula that's allowed them to compete with the Yanks and Red Sox in the AL East. They'd be foolish to do so, even with a new stadium and higher means of revenue in place.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

10. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-29-2020)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I would do Greene and Senzel for Snell in a heartbeat
    That, unfortunately, is what it would require to convince the Rays to even consider trading Snell at this point.

No thanks.

Ron Madden stated it best in a recent thread - something along the lines of: Many of us want the Reds to act like the Rays, but want us to consider trades that the Rays themselves would never consider making.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Nick Lodolo, Nick Senzel, Tucker Barnhart, Michael Lorenzen, and Aristides Aquino for Francisco Lindor and LHP Logan Allen.

Cleveland just announced closer Brad Hand can be claimed via waivers, saving them $1 million. More importantly, it signals they're looking to get cheaper while rebuilding. I'd have loved to grab Hand with Lindor, but will settle for one of the game's best SS by himself. He instantly make the offense interesting and fixes the major black hole in the middle of the lineup. Allen is a BOR starter that can also relieve. He's depth at this point, but could be a decent, cheap option in the rotation or as a LH relief arm.

Senzel has no position, at this point, as Akiyama can play LF Goodwin is passable in CF, and Castellanos plies his trade in RF. (Winker is a three-position backup as well as the erstwhile DH.) He'd be a nice fit in Cleveland, however, as a CF or as an infielder. Aquino could also be a nice fit, similar to Franmil Reyes last season. He could play LF or RF flanking Senzel and offer cheap power and potential. Lorenzen and Barnhart are salary ballast but useful. Each is cheap for the production they bring and could always be dealt for more prospects. Speaking of, Lodolo becomes another in a long line of options on the hill for the Indians. (They have a myriad of help there, but are always looking for more.)

This type of deal typically wouldn't work, but I suspect the majority of baseball will be looking to cut costs even if it means getting rid of real talent.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Snell is 27 years old btw. He’s not old.
    I didn’t say Snell was old.

I said Snell’s had injuries and only once threw over 130 innings. There’s a durability question, not an age question.

Reds overall are an older team, so I wouldn’t trade a 21-year old player like Hunter Greene unless it was a heist.

14. Likes:

Griffey012 (11-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Nick Lodolo, Nick Senzel, Tucker Barnhart, Michael Lorenzen, and Aristides Aquino for Francisco Lindor and LHP Logan Allen.

Cleveland just announced closer Brad Hand can be claimed via waivers, saving them $1 million. More importantly, it signals they're looking to get cheaper while rebuilding. I'd have loved to grab Hand with Lindor, but will settle for one of the game's best SS by himself. He instantly make the offense interesting and fixes the major black hole in the middle of the lineup. Allen is a BOR starter that can also relieve. He's depth at this point, but could be a decent, cheap option in the rotation or as a LH relief arm.

Senzel has no position, at this point, as Akiyama can play LF Goodwin is passable in CF, and Castellanos plies his trade in RF. (Winker is a three-position backup as well as the erstwhile DH.) He'd be a nice fit in Cleveland, however, as a CF or as an infielder. Aquino could also be a nice fit, similar to Franmil Reyes last season. He could play LF or RF flanking Senzel and offer cheap power and potential. Lorenzen and Barnhart are salary ballast but useful. Each is cheap for the production they bring and could always be dealt for more prospects. Speaking of, Lodolo becomes another in a long line of options on the hill for the Indians. (They have a myriad of help there, but are always looking for more.)

This type of deal typically wouldn't work, but I suspect the majority of baseball will be looking to cut costs even if it means getting rid of real talent.
    It’s a good thought but I don’t think Reds would do this for one season of Lindor. If he agreed to an extension, even for one additional year, i could see the Reds entertaining this idea.

Problem is Reds also will have salary pressure, Senzel and Lodolo are pre-arb and have value to them. And Lorenzen could give them a modestly priced starter for next season. Reds might not want to part with low-cost assets for one year of a star player.
    Last edited by Kc61; 10-29-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Another one seeing the Indians are trying to move salary:

Reds trade: Nick Senzel, Tony Santillian and Curt Casali

Indians trade: Carlos Carrasco and Delino Deshields

17. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (10-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes View Post
    Another one seeing the Indians are trying to move salary:

Reds trade: Nick Senzel, Tony Santillian and Curt Casali

Indians trade: Carlos Carrasco and Delino Deshields
    Just say no to delino deshields.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

19. Likes:

Old school 1983 (10-30-2020)

Suarez and Goodwin to ATL

Pache, Matzek, Riley, Toussaint to CIN

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Suarez and Goodwin to ATL

Pache, Matzek, Riley, Toussaint to CIN
    I love our main man Geno, but I don't think he would b netting that package from ATL.

22. Likes:

mth123 (10-30-2020)

Turn Off Ads?