Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Offseason Slobberknockers

Re: 2021 Offseason Slobberknockers

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    I love our main man Geno, but I don't think he would b netting that package from ATL.
    I could live without Riley. Goodwin is a very solid player with several years of control as well. He’s more than a throw in

2. Turn Off Ads?

goodwin is not much he barely could hit his weight

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    goodwin is not much he barely could hit his weight
    Not a world beater but a CF with a career .772 ops. That’s more than a throw in. Suarez is a near elite level player when healthy. The deal I proposed is in the realm of realism. Pieces can be added or taken away on both sides. But I think the framework is in the realm of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Not a world beater but a CF with a career .772 ops. That’s more than a throw in. Suarez is a near elite level player when healthy. The deal I proposed is in the realm of realism. Pieces can be added or taken away on both sides. But I think the framework is in the realm of possibility.
    In this COVID off-season, I doubt Braves - or most teams - are taking on salary in trades. Nor are they giving up good, cheap players for LTC players. (Braves laid off employees in September to cut costs).

Teams are letting go of guys like Hand, Wong, Braun, Happ, and others for nothing. Seems like market will be flooded with free agents, including non-tenders.

My guess is most teams will be adding from that flood of FAs on low cost, short deals. Anyone trading higher salaried players won’t get much return - unless they add cash or take back an unwanted bad contract.
    Last edited by Kc61; 10-30-2020 at 01:15 PM.

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    In this COVID off-season, I doubt Braves - or most teams - are taking on salary in trades. Nor are they giving up good, cheap players for LTC players. (Braves laid off employees in September to cut costs).

Teams are letting go of guys like Hand, Wong, Braun, Happ, and others for nothing. Seems like market will be flooded with free agents, including non-tenders.

My guess is most teams will be adding from that flood of FAs on low cost, short deals. Anyone trading higher salaried players won’t get much return - unless they add cash or take back an unwanted bad contract.
    I actually considered that in my thoughts. I had the Reds taking Inciarte and then revised my thought. Take him on. I see players getting dropped. If the Reds want to be risky, they could exploit this. They have needed a lefty reliever for years. Sign Hand. Wong would add OBP, defense and speed. Sign him. Move Moose to 1b or LF. Use this opportunity to grab players that normally wouldn’t be available. If they can play 2020, they’ll be able to play 2021

I actually considered that in my thoughts. I had the Reds taking Inciarte and then revised my thought. Take him on. I see players getting dropped. If the Reds want to be risky, they could exploit this. They have needed a lefty reliever for years. Sign Hand. Wong would add OBP, defense and speed. Sign him. Move Moose to 1b or LF. Use this opportunity to grab players that normally wouldn’t be available. If they can play 2020, they’ll be able to play 2021

Question is how tight Reds will be with the dollar this off-season. There should be opportunities in the free agent market, but are Reds willing to take them.
    Last edited by Kc61; 10-30-2020 at 05:52 PM.

Question is how tight Reds will be with the dollar this off-season. There should be opportunities in the free agent market, but are Reds willing to take them.
    It really could be a golden opportunity to scoop up players that would not be available in normal years. And maybe at a discounted rate

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-30-2020)

It really could be a golden opportunity to scoop up players that would not be available in normal years. And maybe at a discounted rate
    If every team is out there looking to scoop up bargains, they probably won't end up being bargains. That's kind of how supply and demand works.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    If every team is out there looking to scoop up bargains, they probably won't end up being bargains. That's kind of how supply and demand works.
    Based upon the cuts, it looks like there will be a high supply, which will drive prices down.

13. Likes:

757690 (10-30-2020),Kc61 (10-30-2020)

This is not a normal market.

Star reliever Brad Hand cleared waivers. Nobody would take his $10 million contract.

Teams have serious budgetary limits. Demand will be suppressed.
    Last edited by Kc61; 10-30-2020 at 07:26 PM.

A smart small market team could build a nice long term roster if they just were willing to go a bit above budget.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

16. Likes:

Benihana (10-31-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    A smart small market team could build a nice long term roster if they just were willing to go a bit above budget.
    That’s kinda what I was getting at.

18. Likes:

757690 (10-30-2020)

Here is my November 1 Slobberknoocker.

Reds trade Raisel Iglesias and Nick Castellanos (Total 2021 Salary, $25 Million) in Return the Reds take Kenly Jansen ($20 Million) off of LAs hands and get some young building blocks. Gavin Lux, DJ Peters, Caleb Ferguson. The Reds also receive Ross Stripling. The Money is about even. LA replaces Jansen with Iglesias and Castellanos replaces Joc Pederson as the DH.

Reds trade Tucker Barnhart to Colorado for LHP Ben Bowden and RHP Lotto ticket Riley Pint.

The Reds use the other money they have from their free agents to sign Didi Gregorious and Howie Kendrick

Shogo/Senzel CF (L/R)
    Winker LF (L)
    Suarez 3B (R)
    Moustakas 1B (L)
    Gregorious SS (L)
    Peters RF (R)
    Votto DH (L)
    Stephenson C (R)
    Lux/Senzel 2B (L/R)

Kendrick 2B, 1B, OF, DH (R)
    Casali C (R)
    Goodwin OF (L)
    Aquino OF (R)

1. Castillo
    2. Gray
    3. Mahle
    4. Miley
    5. Loreznen
    S. Stripling

Bradley (CL)
    Garrett (L)
    Sims (R)
    Antone (R)
    Jansen (R)
    Stephenson (R)
    Ferguson/Bowden (L)

It works financially, the players actually fit, there are alternatives if the younger players fail and is a longer term model. Garcia, Lodolo, Greene still cooking in AAA. I don't think the drop from Castellanos to Peters will be much if anything and the Reds should be much improved defensively, way more productive behind the plate, at SS and in CF (and hopefully 3B). The loss of Bauer will be big, but the rotation is still good enough to win. Now the offense and defense should be as well. An alternative would be to non-tender Goodwin and Stripling and try to sign another arm.
    Last edited by mth123; 11-01-2020 at 06:43 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

20. Likes:

Mitri (11-01-2020)

Here is my November 1 Slobberknoocker.

Reds trade Raisel Iglesias and Nick Castellanos (Total 2021 Salary, $25 Million) in Return the Reds take Kenly Jansen ($20 Million) off of LAs hands and get some young building blocks. Gavin Lux, DJ Peters, Caleb Ferguson. The Reds also receive Ross Stripling. The Money is about even. LA replaces Jansen with Iglesias and Castellanos replaces Joc Pederson as the DH.

Reds trade Tucker Barnhart to Colorado for LHP Ben Bowden and RHP Lotto ticket Riley Pint.

The Reds use the other money they have from their free agents to sign Didi Gregorious and Howie Kendrick

Well considered trades, not bad for Reds who get younger and gain controllable young talent.

But don’t see Dodgers giving up Gavin Lux in this deal. While a large market high spending team, they tend to keep their best prospects.

If they’re going to trade Lux it would likely be in a package for a major starting pitcher. This deal might work with Reds acquiring different mix of young Dodger assets.
    Last edited by Kc61; 11-01-2020 at 09:12 AM.

Well considered trades, not bad for Reds who get younger and gain controllable young talent.

But don’t see Dodgers giving up Gavin Lux in this deal. While a large market high spending team, they tend to keep their best prospects.

If they’re going to trade Lux it would likely be in a package for a major starting pitcher. This deal might work with Reds acquiring different mix of young Dodger assets.
    Agreed. But I like the concept of it. No way they’d give up on Lux unless Reds were sending Castillo their way.

Turn Off Ads?