Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor Kevin Cash

Re: Poor Kevin Cash

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    They were shut out exactly zero times in 2020. If you think it was happening in that game I've got some swampland on the moon to sell you.
    Exactly, they had all the tools and extras on hand. I watched a lot of Dodger games and that lineup is deep, versatile and chewed up pitch counts. Really interesting team.

2. Turn Off Ads?

the rays were also capable of scoring more it was a putrid abysmal moronic decision

They were shut out exactly zero times in 2020. If you think it was happening in that game I've got some swampland on the moon to sell you.
    2020 was 60 games. I am sure many things that didn’t happen in the regular season, happened in the post season. For instance, the Indians never gave up more than 11 runs in a game in 2020 regular season, then did it in their first post season game.

I do think the Dodgers were likely to score, but it was not a certainty, and definitely not something that should drive your managerial decisions.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    2020 was 60 games. I am sure many things that didn’t happen in the regular season, happened in the post season. For instance, the Indians never gave up more than 11 runs in a game in 2020 regular season, then did it in their first post season game.

I do think the Dodgers were likely to score, but it was not a certainty, and definitely not something that should drive your managerial decisions.
    Never said it drove Cash's managerial decisions, but his pitching staff wasn't shutting out that lineup no matter what choices he made. He shut down 8/9ths of the Dodgers lineup and still lost.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

And he was dropping velocity and the mighty Austin Barnes just tagged him. If he's holding his velo and has two outs heading into the Betts AB, then he probably stays in the game.

Anyway, pull Blake Snell or don't pull Blake Snell, the Dodgers are scoring runs in that game and the Rays are still losing.
    "tagged" him for a bloop hit. lmao. c'mon man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    the rays were also capable of scoring more it was a putrid abysmal moronic decision
    Except they didn't. So that was going to wind up as an L.

batting with a 1-0 lead is not the same as batting trailing 2-1 in an elimination game

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    .... an excellent starting pitcher like blake snell is pitching game 6 of the world series. through 5.1 innings he's absolutely dominating and you're leading 1-0, and he's only thrown 73 pitches.

you're a fool to pull him in that situation, and that's why kevin cash looks like an absolute fool.
    But you are leaving out points that matter. Snell had been injured and didn't pitch 6 innings all season. His velocity was diminishing already. Betts has historically hit lefties very well.

The fact that it was the 6th game of the WS and that he is an excellent starting pitcher is not analytics. It's generally what gets managers in trouble.

10. Likes:

M2 (10-30-2020),Patrick Bateman (10-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    batting with a 1-0 lead is not the same as batting trailing 2-1 in an elimination game
    Maybe I suffer from paying attention, but the Rays were at the their most effective at the plate in this series when they were battling back from behind against the Dodgers' bullpen. However in Game 6 they didn't pile on when they had the lead or rally when they fell behind. They had multiple innings in both those scenarios. They whiffed 16 times and went home quietly.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    But you are leaving out points that matter. Snell had been injured and didn't pitch 6 innings all season. His velocity was diminishing already. Betts has historically hit lefties very well.

The fact that it was the 6th game of the WS and that he is an excellent starting pitcher is not analytics. It's generally what gets managers in trouble.
    Just to add, Snell has thrown zero career shutouts and his career-high for IP in given game is 7.1. His leash likely didn't extend beyond the end of that inning.
    Last edited by M2; 10-30-2020 at 04:43 PM.

yes, keep defending this terrible decision just to try to be right on a message board. it's hilarious.

14. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (10-30-2020)

yes, keep defending this terrible decision just to try to be right on a message board. it's hilarious.
    What's your goal?

I mean if not to win the debate of ideas?

Also would the debate hold more merit if it wasn't on a message board?

Asking for a friend who doesn't do message boards

It’s pretty simple:

The dodgers were ecstatic when a dominating Snell was pulled from the game.

End of “debate”
    What would you say.....ya do here?

17. Likes:

JFLegal (10-31-2020),Wonderful Monds (10-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s pretty simple:

End of “debate”
    ha, precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s pretty simple:

End of “debate”
    I mean if we are going to bring up irrelevant points to the discussion that lack merit, I agree that a “debate” no longer fundamentally exists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

Turn Off Ads?