Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 184

Thread: Poor Kevin Cash

  1. #91
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    50,089

    Re: Poor Kevin Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    They were shut out exactly zero times in 2020. If you think it was happening in that game I've got some swampland on the moon to sell you.
    Exactly, they had all the tools and extras on hand. I watched a lot of Dodger games and that lineup is deep, versatile and chewed up pitch counts. Really interesting team.


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #92
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,150

    Re: Poor Kevin Cash

    the rays were also capable of scoring more it was a putrid abysmal moronic decision

  4. #93
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    25,381

    Re: Poor Kevin Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    They were shut out exactly zero times in 2020. If you think it was happening in that game I've got some swampland on the moon to sell you.
    2020 was 60 games. I am sure many things that didn’t happen in the regular season, happened in the post season. For instance, the Indians never gave up more than 11 runs in a game in 2020 regular season, then did it in their first post season game.

    I do think the Dodgers were likely to score, but it was not a certainty, and definitely not something that should drive your managerial decisions.
    “We’re going to get the pitching.” -Bob Castellini
    “You got the pitching, now what?” - Reds fans

  5. #94
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,718

    Re: Poor Kevin Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    2020 was 60 games. I am sure many things that didn’t happen in the regular season, happened in the post season. For instance, the Indians never gave up more than 11 runs in a game in 2020 regular season, then did it in their first post season game.

    I do think the Dodgers were likely to score, but it was not a certainty, and definitely not something that should drive your managerial decisions.
    Never said it drove Cash's managerial decisions, but his pitching staff wasn't shutting out that lineup no matter what choices he made. He shut down 8/9ths of the Dodgers lineup and still lost.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  6. #95
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Poor Kevin Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    And he was dropping velocity and the mighty Austin Barnes just tagged him. If he's holding his velo and has two outs heading into the Betts AB, then he probably stays in the game.

    Anyway, pull Blake Snell or don't pull Blake Snell, the Dodgers are scoring runs in that game and the Rays are still losing.
    "tagged" him for a bloop hit. lmao. c'mon man.

  7. #96
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,718

    Re: Poor Kevin Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    the rays were also capable of scoring more it was a putrid abysmal moronic decision
    Except they didn't. So that was going to wind up as an L.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  8. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,150

    Re: Poor Kevin Cash

    batting with a 1-0 lead is not the same as batting trailing 2-1 in an elimination game

  9. #98
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    Posts
    12,977

    Re: Poor Kevin Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    .... an excellent starting pitcher like blake snell is pitching game 6 of the world series. through 5.1 innings he's absolutely dominating and you're leading 1-0, and he's only thrown 73 pitches.

    you're a fool to pull him in that situation, and that's why kevin cash looks like an absolute fool.
    But you are leaving out points that matter. Snell had been injured and didn't pitch 6 innings all season. His velocity was diminishing already. Betts has historically hit lefties very well.

    The fact that it was the 6th game of the WS and that he is an excellent starting pitcher is not analytics. It's generally what gets managers in trouble.

  10. Likes:

    M2 (10-30-2020),Patrick Bateman (10-30-2020)

  11. #99
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,718

    Re: Poor Kevin Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    batting with a 1-0 lead is not the same as batting trailing 2-1 in an elimination game
    Maybe I suffer from paying attention, but the Rays were at the their most effective at the plate in this series when they were battling back from behind against the Dodgers' bullpen. However in Game 6 they didn't pile on when they had the lead or rally when they fell behind. They had multiple innings in both those scenarios. They whiffed 16 times and went home quietly.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  12. #100
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,718

    Re: Poor Kevin Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    But you are leaving out points that matter. Snell had been injured and didn't pitch 6 innings all season. His velocity was diminishing already. Betts has historically hit lefties very well.

    The fact that it was the 6th game of the WS and that he is an excellent starting pitcher is not analytics. It's generally what gets managers in trouble.
    Just to add, Snell has thrown zero career shutouts and his career-high for IP in given game is 7.1. His leash likely didn't extend beyond the end of that inning.
    Last edited by M2; 10-30-2020 at 05:43 PM.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  13. #101
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Poor Kevin Cash

    yes, keep defending this terrible decision just to try to be right on a message board. it's hilarious.

  14. Likes:

    RedTeamGo! (10-31-2020)

  15. #102
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    50,089

    Re: Poor Kevin Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    yes, keep defending this terrible decision just to try to be right on a message board. it's hilarious.
    What's your goal?

    I mean if not to win the debate of ideas?

    Also would the debate hold more merit if it wasn't on a message board?

    Asking for a friend who doesn't do message boards

  16. #103
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    13,572

    Re: Poor Kevin Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    yes, keep defending this terrible decision just to try to be right on a message board. it's hilarious.
    It’s pretty simple:

    The dodgers were ecstatic when a dominating Snell was pulled from the game.

    End of “debate”
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  17. Likes:

    JFLegal (10-31-2020),Wonderful Monds (10-31-2020)

  18. #104
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Poor Kevin Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s pretty simple:

    The dodgers were ecstatic when a dominating Snell was pulled from the game.

    End of “debate”
    ha, precisely.

  19. #105
    Probably not Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    7,917

    Re: Poor Kevin Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s pretty simple:

    The dodgers were ecstatic when a dominating Snell was pulled from the game.

    End of “debate”
    I mean if we are going to bring up irrelevant points to the discussion that lack merit, I agree that a “debate” no longer fundamentally exists.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator