Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor Kevin Cash

Re: Poor Kevin Cash

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    I mean if we are going to bring up irrelevant points to the discussion that lack merit, I agree that a “debate” no longer fundamentally exists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The dodgers being relieved he was pulled is irrelevant?

Lol ok
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    yes, keep defending this terrible decision just to try to be right on a message board. it's hilarious.
    Yet, you keep debating as well. So, you must only be interested in being "right."
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The dodgers being relieved he was pulled is irrelevant?

Lol ok
    Correct, as the players aren’t going to have analyzed the full picture of what Snell looks like after 75 pitches and multiple times through the order. They are likely going to be thinking about his performance to that point in the night, which has little predictive value to what was going to come. Do you notice that no team puts their decision making process to a democratic vote to their group of players?

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

As someone who has a mathematics degree, I understand and appreciate the time and effort put into data analysis and statistics, so that clubs have the most accurate data possible to use as a basis for making their decisions.

As a fan, I much preferred when baseball was an art and not a science.
    Last edited by Big Klu; 10-31-2020 at 03:55 PM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

6. Likes:

redsfanmia (10-31-2020),RedTeamGo! (10-31-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Correct, as the players aren’t going to have analyzed the full picture of what Snell looks like after 75 pitches and multiple times through the order. They are likely going to be thinking about his performance to that point in the night, which has little predictive value to what was going to come. Do you notice that no team puts their decision making process to a democratic vote to their group of players?

That decision to pull Snell was everything wrong with sabr personified.

Pulling your ace while he is absolutely dominating after 75 pitches because he gave up a single.

“Well, you see, even though it literally lost the World Series for the Tampa Bay Rays, it was still the right decision because of ::insert blanket statement about analytics involving data on all players and any situation::. I am really smart.”

Analytics are fine, when they result in making incredibly stupid decisions like pulling Snell in that situation, they are bad.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Pulling your ace while he is absolutely dominating after 75 pitches because he gave up a single.

“Well, you see, even though it literally lost the World Series for the Tampa Bay Rays, it was still the right decision because of ::insert blanket statement about analytics involving data on all players and any situation::. I am really smart.”

Analytics are fine, when they result in making incredibly stupid decisions like pulling Snell in that situation, they are bad.
    furthermore, he was only looking at half of the analytics. this point keeps getting lost in the discussion. how did he not realize that anderson is the type of pitcher that betts does the best off of, per the analytics.

so, people saying he followed the analytics and that's what got them there, are just wrong. unless he was doing this all season and just looking at half the analytics (his team's) and ignoring the other half (the opponent's).

It's so not that. He's a short duration pitcher who was reaching the end of his rope and losing velo. He was getting maybe two more outs in that game. The idea that Blake Snell was going to stay in and throw a complete game shutout (something he's never come close to doing) is farcical.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    It's so not that. He's a short duration pitcher who was reaching the end of his rope and losing velo. He was getting maybe two more outs in that game. The idea that Blake Snell was going to stay in and throw a complete game shutout (something he's never come close to doing) is farcical.
    who is saying he should have pitched all 9 innings? i do see a lot of people saying he should not have been pulled after 5.1 innings. plenty of middle ground between 9 innings and 5.1 innings. at the very least, he should have been given the chance to finish the 6th imo.

who is saying he should have pitched all 9 innings? i do see a lot of people saying he should not have been pulled after 5.1 innings. plenty of middle ground between 9 innings and 5.1 innings. at the very least, he should have been given the chance to finish the 6th imo.
    So, to be clear, you're making a federal case over two more outs.

and even if the idiot manager is stupid enough to take him out why bring in anderson who has had no success

So, to be clear, you're making a federal case over two more outs.
    if pointing out the stupidity of that move is a federal case in your mind, then i suppose so.

and i personally think he would have been golden through 7 innings the way he was pitching, and 5 extra outs would have been huge there.

if pointing out the stupidity of that move is a federal case in your mind, then i suppose so.

and i personally think he would have been golden through 7 innings the way he was pitching, and 5 extra outs would have been huge there.
    So you think he was going more than a full inning past his season high and almost up to his career high. That's way past analytics and onto “second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    and even if the idiot manager is stupid enough to take him out why bring in anderson who has had no success
    Which reliever should he have used instead?

Those next two outs were crucial to the game, Betts and LH Seager who had been red hot.

“He wasn’t going to pitch an complete game” is a red herring. No one pitches complete games these days. But your Cy Young starter getting crucial outs, not using your bullpen too early, are important elements that lead to wins.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

16. Likes:

JFLegal (10-31-2020)

So you think he was going more than a full inning past his season high and almost up to his career high. That's way past analytics and onto “second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.”
    "almost up to his career high." it's game 6 of the world series. so, you better believe i leave him in. and it's hilarious that you agree with kevin cash's horrendous decision. keep dying on that hill.

"almost up to his career high." it's game 6 of the world series. so, you better believe i leave him in. and it's hilarious that you agree with kevin cash's horrendous decision. keep dying on that hill.
    I don't think his decision mattered. What you've presented is a plan for leaving Snell in long enough for the Dodgers to get him and the Rays lose. Cash picked the path where he yanks Snell, the Dodgers get to the bullpen and the Rays lose. Different paths, same destination.

You're screaming "aNalytYx!" but what you're really arguing for is Cash should have crossed his fingers and hoped Snell drank some magic Gatorade.

Turn Off Ads?