Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pick three free agents for Reds’ 2021 team

Pick three free agents for Reds’ 2021 team

Ground rules. Consider cost. Assume Bauer, Disco and Galvis leave. Indicate length of contract.

1. James Paxton, 1 year deal. Gamble, has had injuries. But high upside. Should take pillow deal to restore value. Reds have Mahle, Miley, Lorenzen, probably Lodolo at some point - some depth if Pax gets hurt again.

2. Didi Gregorius, 2 year deal. Give him the extra year. This infield needs a leader on defense, and the offense can’t afford a non-hitter.

3. Yasiel Puig, 1 year deal. Should be cheap. Would prefer Adam Eaton as fourth OFer but probably too rich. Puig doesn’t necessarily feast on lefties but should be adequate to share LF with Shogo and fill in when needed in RF too.
    Last edited by Kc61; 10-29-2020 at 10:44 AM.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (11-03-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pick three free agents for Reds’ 2021 team

Ok I'm game trying to be realistic here:

1) Robbie Ray-LHSP 1yr deal. I'm thinking somewhere like 8-9 million to restore value, and let us ease Lodolo in come august/September.

2) Andrelton Simmons- SS. 2yr deal @5 million per season, allows us to let Garcia progress more in minors.

3) Aaron Loup-LHRP- 2yr deal @ 3million per season
    Last edited by schroomytunes; 10-29-2020 at 01:41 PM.

5. Likes:

PuffyPig (10-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Ground rules. Consider cost. Assume Bauer, Disco and Galvis leave. Indicate length of contract.

1. James Paxton, 1 year deal. Gamble, has had injuries. But high upside. Should take pillow deal to restore value. Reds have Mahle, Miley, Lorenzen, probably Lodolo at some point - some depth if Pax gets hurt again.

2. Didi Gregorius, 2 year deal. Give him the extra year. This infield needs a leader on defense, and the offense can’t afford a non-hitter.

3. Yasiel Puig, 1 year deal. Should be cheap. Would prefer Adam Eaton as fourth OFer but probably too rich. Puig doesn’t necessarily feast on lefties but should be adequate to share LF with Shogo and fill in when needed in RF too.
    I'd be good with those choices. I'd deal Castellanos or Winker and stick Puig in RF.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Haunted by walks

If all the other teams are going to be playing it cheap this offseason, this seems like a huge market inefficiency the Reds can exploit. Bite the bullet, be the team that goes top dollar, and corner the market.

8. Likes:

marcshoe (10-29-2020)

Reds fans being obsessed with a replacement level Puig continues to confuse me.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-29-2020),CySeymour (10-29-2020),Joeyjection19 (10-29-2020),Kinsm (10-29-2020),Kurt Stillwell (11-01-2020),podgejeff_ (10-30-2020),RED VAN HOT (10-29-2020),redsfanmia (10-29-2020),RiverRat13 (10-29-2020),Rojo Rijo (10-29-2020),Tom Servo (10-29-2020),Wonderful Monds (10-29-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

LHP Robbie Ray
    LHP Aaron Loup
    OF George Springer
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Reds fans being obsessed with a replacement level Puig continues to confuse me.
    A suggestion is not an obsession.

Puig as a back-up player is cost effective. Righty bat meets a need and can platoon with Shogo. Plays defense too.

If you want, I hear Phil Ervin is available at the right price.

If Bauer leaves, I like Paxton and Ray as potential targets. Loup could be a sweet LH reliever (and they could use a couple more of those).

I love Yasiel Puig as a human and a battler of pirates. He can come back anytime he wants.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

15. Likes:

Old school 1983 (10-29-2020),RedsBaron (10-29-2020)

SP Marcus Stroman

SS Marcus Semien

RP Brad Hand

17. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    SP Marcus Stroman

SS Marcus Semien

RP Brad Hand
    Costly?

Springer. LeMahieu. Semien. Trade Suarez. Senzel. Barnhart for pitching.

More realistic

Hand
    Gregorious
    Wong

Trade Suarez for pitching.
    Last edited by Old school 1983; 10-29-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Hard to say given a number of variables but I'll go with James McCann, Didi Gregorius, and Greg Holland.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

21. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (10-30-2020)

I’d wait until all the non tender candidates are dealt with before making any moves. My guess is there will be some surprising names available and a better understanding of the market.

That said, Springer and Didi would be the players I would focus on this off season.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Hard to say given a number of variables but I'll go with James McCann, Didi Gregorius, and Greg Holland.
    You trading both Barnhart and Casali? Is it Tyler Steve and McCann?

Turn Off Ads?