Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 65 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

Starting a new one.

This is the perfect time for a bye if you're the Bengals. An extra week to heal up and prepare for Pittsburgh.

Before the game was played, I thought the Bengals matched up very favorably against the Titans on paper. Any team without a pass rush is the team the Bengals want to play.

That's not Pittsburgh though. I'll be happy if they keep it close and no one gets hurt. For the Bengals. The Steelers can all enter concussion protocol as far as I'm concerned, starting with Tomlin.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 11-03-2020 at 11:26 AM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

Love the title of the thread well done...

Hopefully they take a week to figure out a unit that works well together...they are the island of misfit toys...2 good pieces and a lot of average Joe's on that line.

Bernard in the backfield is huge as he is like a tight end back there...reminds a lot of James Brooks.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

4. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-04-2020)

Overheard on ESPN

"I would take him over any (young QB) other than Patrick Mahomes."

High praise for sure.

6. Likes:

RiverRat13 (11-03-2020)

That win ended our Sewell sweepstakes.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    That win ended our Sewell sweepstakes.
    Matt Miller just released a mock draft with a lot of OT's going in the first round. One other thing of note, there were a ton of QB's going as well. If the Bengals get a pick around 10-15 (which seems reasonable) it may have a lot of value. Although the Bengals normally don't trade picks on draft day.

I am 90% behind the take a OT and then a G and then an OT in the draft. However if Micah Parsons is sitting there when the Bengals pick, he would be a tough one to pass up.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Matt Miller just released a mock draft with a lot of OT's going in the first round. One other thing of note, there were a ton of QB's going as well. If the Bengals get a pick around 10-15 (which seems reasonable) it may have a lot of value. Although the Bengals normally don't trade picks on draft day.

I am 90% behind the take a OT and then a G and then an OT in the draft. However if Micah Parsons is sitting there when the Bengals pick, he would be a tough one to pass up.
    Back-to-back-to-back?

We've got a lot of holes. If the O-line finishes strong the rest of the season, that could change things, but I definitely think one of the first 2 picks should be an O-lineman. If they're picking just outside the Top 10, Wyatt Davis may be there. If Trey Smith out of Tennessee is still on the board at the end of the 1st-early 2nd, maybe trade up for him. I like Smith because he could move outside to RT if needed. Clemson T Jackson Carman & Virginia Tech T Christian Darrisaw similarly have the flexibility to move inside. Other options in the 1st, Micah Parsons. He's as close to a sure thing in this draft, and has been compared to Kuechly. I'd also bring up Prime Burfict. We desperately need a playmaker like that on D. I've seen a number of drafts mocking CB Caleb Farley to us, due to WJ3 likely being on his way out, but it's a deep CB class from what I've seen, so I'd probably look elsewhere, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's where Cincy went in the 1st.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Back-to-back-to-back?

We've got a lot of holes. If the O-line finishes strong the rest of the season, that could change things, but I definitely think one of the first 2 picks should be an O-lineman. If they're picking just outside the Top 10, Wyatt Davis may be there. If Trey Smith out of Tennessee is still on the board at the end of the 1st-early 2nd, maybe trade up for him. I like Smith because he could move outside to RT if needed. Clemson T Jackson Carman & Virginia Tech T Christian Darrisaw similarly have the flexibility to move inside. Other options in the 1st, Micah Parsons. He's as close to a sure thing in this draft, and has been compared to Kuechly. I'd also bring up Prime Burfict. We desperately need a playmaker like that on D. I've seen a number of drafts mocking CB Caleb Farley to us, due to WJ3 likely being on his way out, but it's a deep CB class from what I've seen, so I'd probably look elsewhere, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's where Cincy went in the 1st.
    I am a little hyperbolic on my want of offensive linemen in the draft. That said, if you want to compete with the Steelers and Ravens over the next decade, you need a quality line. They have a patchwork line right now, maybe Spain does something, but reality is they need a T, G at least. I will admit, sometimes when you are forced to throw something together you find a gem, I don't know if the Bengals are there with their OL, but it needs to be addressed.

The only way I would entertain D in the first round is if you think there is an impact player there. I don't care what position on the field he plays, but a guy who can come in and make plays, draft him. An Edge rusher or force in the middle of the field, go for it, but protecting Burrow has to be the biggest priority.

The d-line has more need for a back to back argument than o-line does. Fred Johnson has actually been pretty damn fine at RT the last two games, we have something with Adeniji it appears and Jonah Williams is good. Lots of center and guard options now and several are quite good. And whatever Bobby hart is (he was playing league average before he got hurt). They need at least one pure edge rushing threat and another d-lineman who can set an edge. At a minimum.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

The offensive line still needs two upgrades. At least one should come from free agency. Games against the Steelers (twice), Washington, and Baltimore will show whether or not the improvement in the current group is real or a result of playing two bad defensive lines (outside of Myles Garrett).

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

First two Bengals picks should be OL,DE. The OL should be plug-and-play.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Don't know how this escaped me but Jessie Bates is a Fort Wayne(IN) Snider grad...that be the same HS that produced Rod Woodson.

Re: Johnson and Wayans being put on the Covid list...

It feels weird to type this but...they REALLY cannot afford to have Johnson out for Pittsburgh especially if Bobby Hart is still out.

Also need to hope that Johnson is asymptomatic because you really don't want him to be symptomatic at his size for the sake of his own health.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Don't know how this escaped me but Jessie Bates is a Fort Wayne(IN) Snider grad...that be the same HS that produced Rod Woodson.
    I keep waiting for Bates to start getting the Burfict treatment from the league. Going to be watching how his play is handled by the refs compared to similar or worse Steeler's players' play.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Re: Johnson and Wayans being put on the Covid list...

It feels weird to type this but...they REALLY cannot afford to have Johnson out for Pittsburgh especially if Bobby Hart is still out.

Also need to hope that Johnson is asymptomatic because you really don't want him to be symptomatic at his size for the sake of his own health.
    Almost half of NFL teams have covid issues right now.

I'm more wondering if the season will even finish.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Almost half of NFL teams have covid issues right now.

I'm more wondering if the season will even finish.
    They have contingencies lined up already...

Turn Off Ads?