Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Wentz tore his ACL and LCL in Week 16 and was back in Week 3 the following year. Nobody will know for sure until they get in there and see what all is wrong during surgery. Still, it would be negligent to not sign a veteran backup who could start the first few weeks next year.
    I think that’s a rosy outlook, this sounds way worse than Wentz
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Now I am sick
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    And he will never be the same.

I’m going to be called crazy for this but I would tank and draft Lawrence or Fields.
    The odds are he'll be the same. Maybe not totally in 2021, but there are plenty of QBs with knee injuries who have come back just fine.

And you'd put Justin Fields behind the Bengals offensive line? Dude holds the ball forever and takes a ton of sacks behind a line full of future pros that were 4 and 5 stars in high school. He'd threaten to break David Carr's record.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I will never watch a Bengals game again. You just know for a fact he’s never going to be the same after this.

Mike Brown is a truly a piece of ****.

I think that’s a rosy outlook, this sounds way worse than Wentz
    By what metric other than your gut are you using to make this statement? You do realize Carson Palmer tore his ACL, MCL, and PCL, then had the 3rd highest DVOA of any QB the next season, right? All of this is speculation until the surgery, anyway.

7. Likes:

Boss-Hog (11-23-2020),Hillsdale87 (11-23-2020)

By what metric other than your gut are you using to make this statement? You do realize Carson Palmer tore his ACL, MCL, and PCL, then had the 3rd highest DVOA of any QB the next season, right? All of this is speculation until the surgery, anyway.
    The thing that sucks is that Palmer never relied on his legs or mobility for why he was a good QB. That’s a decently large part of Burrow’s skillset.

And let’s say he just had a Wentz type injury, seems reasonably likely - Wentz sucks now and has never been the same since that injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    The thing that sucks is that Palmer never relied on his legs or mobility for why he was a good QB. That’s a decently large part of Burrow’s skillset.

And let’s say he just had a Wentz type injury, seems reasonably likely - Wentz sucks now and has never been the same since that injury.
    Wentz certainly hasn't been the same. He went from elite before the injury to very good the next two years to awful this year. I don't know you can blame the knee for that, though. Had he gone from elite to awful and never improved, I could see the argument.

Either way, the only QB I'd take would be Lawrence, and he won't be available. Take Sewell and go from there.

Paul Dehner just tweeted that it is viewed as a nine-month injury.

Wentz certainly hasn't been the same. He went from elite before the injury to very good the next two years to awful this year. I don't know you can blame the knee for that, though. Had he gone from elite to awful and never improved, I could see the argument.

Either way, the only QB I'd take would be Lawrence, and he won't be available. Take Sewell and go from there.
    I’m definitely not saying they should take another QB already. They basically have no choice but to see what Burrow can be after this, after all the circus around drafting him and everything.

I’m just saying, there’s basically no reason to have hope as a Bengals fan right now.

Schefter:

MRI revealed more damage than anticipated: Bengals’ QB Joe Burrow tore his ACL, MCL, and suffered other structural issues in his knee as well
    He will be lucky to play in 2021 I bet.
    My wife is an x-ray tech, so no medical degree or anything like that, but she has an uncanny knack for armchair sports injury diagnosis. When she saw the replay, she said it looked like more than an ACL tear, that there was probably at least a dislocated patella too, and maybe additional damage.

I hate this for Burrow and Bengals fans.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

13. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (11-23-2020)

Paul Dehner just tweeted that it is viewed as a nine-month injury.
    In which case he will likely miss offseason workouts, training camp, preseason (assuming there is one) and possibly the start of the season.

Might want to sign a quality backup assuming anyone wants to come here.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    In which case he will likely miss offseason workouts, training camp, preseason (assuming there is one) and possibly the start of the season.

Might want to sign a quality backup assuming anyone wants to come here.
    Yep. Have to sign a decent vet. We probably won't see the linear improvement in year 2 since he will miss everything you listed and will be testing out the new knee. But long term, I'm optimistic.

Brady tore his ACL and MCL, Bridgewater had one ligament left holding his knee to his leg, this is not a death sentence to his career. Will he miss some games next season possible but I think its premature to say his career is over.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Zac Taylor: "We expect him to have surgery and rehab and full recovery and be ready for the 2021 season."

18. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (11-23-2020)

Yeah, Wentz's issues don't seem to be physical. He was very good just last year. He just can't stop forcing things. It seems like all those injuries on the offense have caused him to try to do too much, and now he's just a mental mess.

It's easy to be a prisoner of the moment and be very pessimistic about Burrow's future, but there's really no reason to think that Burrow will make anything but a full recovery. ACL surgery keeps getting better, and we consistently see guys who rely far more on explosiveness come back quickly. Adding in the MCL is rough, but if the Bengals are correct that this is a 9 month injury, then that has him ready to start next season. I'd think that it also means he'll be able to participate some in offseason programs, which will be critical. He won't be able to take hits for 9 months, but I would think he'll be able to work with the receivers before then.

20. Likes:

RiverRat13 (11-23-2020)

Turn Off Ads?