Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin90 View Post
    Only way Zach gets through this season with less than 27 losses is if Mike Brown wakes up from his nap and fires him.
    The fact he hasn’t fired Jim Turner yet is even worse than his record.

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-29-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    The fact he hasn’t fired Jim Turner yet is even worse than his record.
    He should have been fired for the mere suggestion of even hiring Jim Turner to begin with. ZT will be lucky to have his own steakhouse once he gets through with this team, much less another job in the NFL in any capacity. The guy is a historically bad head coach, probably bottom 3 of all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin90 View Post
    He should have been fired for the mere suggestion of even hiring Jim Turner to begin with. ZT will be lucky to have his own steakhouse once he gets through with this team, much less another job in the NFL in any capacity. The guy is a historically bad head coach, probably bottom 3 of all-time.
    The thing your forgetting is that Burrow and Taylor have a very good relationship and that matters...sorry to disappoint but I think Taylor gets another yr no matter where they finish.

I would imagine changes to the staff will be coming though...but you could bring in the ghost of Vince Lombardi and he isn't going to get this line to produce...they need talent.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

6. Likes:

GAC (11-30-2020),Revering4Blue (11-29-2020)

I believe the Bengals are around 175 total yards in the six quarters without Burrow.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I believe the Bengals are around 175 total yards in the six quarters without Burrow.
    It's so brutal to watch...my wife was like don't you want to finish watching the game and I was like I have seen enough...I surrender.

A guy like Kaepernick (agree or disagree with his stance) would have loved this game tape to use at his trial against the NFL owners.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    The thing your forgetting is that Burrow and Taylor have a very good relationship and that matters...sorry to disappoint but I think Taylor gets another yr no matter where they finish.
    I agree with you, but at the same time I don't think Burrow would be saying anything else honestly, it's just how he seems to be built. He wants to take it all on his shoulders and he seems to want to build up everyone around him - even his coach. Really remarkable kid.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

I still believe the fans will see good things, and in the immediate future, with Burrow QBing, and the weapons you have. Just doing their "homework" will not only show them the primary weak link (i.e. O-line), but where on that line. I still believe this team, offensively, is on the right path, and can blossom if they fix that line. As for O-line coach Turner? Hard to evaluate with the rash of injuries to that line over last season and now.

But I will inject this ... IF the Bengals do, at some point, decide to part ways with Taylor, I hope the go with someone with more of a defensive pedigree. You can get you a good offensive coordinator to go with the talent you have.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

It's interesting what people say, when you look into it a little bit:

"I feel like we did a great job in moments," Bengals linebacker Josh Bynes said. "I wish we could have did it better, limit some yards, especially on third down, get off the field and give the offense back the ball. Get off the field and not extend the play as much. But for the most part think guys was fighting."
    "Meet your 2020 Cincinnati Bengals. They never stop fighting. For the most part."

And as far as Burrow "liking" Taylor. Find me a quote where Burrow says anything he DOESN'T like, besides Skyline Chili.

I watched most of the game yesterday. These kids are lost. Outgunned? Yesterday? Maybe, until Jones went down. Then it was a pretty even playing field. Then they were just outcoached. By the Giants.

There was one play in particular, on the Giants first possession, where you can watch Jones come up to the line and dissect Lou's ****ty defensive scheme in like 5 seconds, and lob a ball over the top for a big gain.

If I am the Hamilton County Commissioner and they bring back the coaching staff next season, I'm changing the locks at PBS and putting everything out to the curb.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I still believe the fans will see good things, and in the immediate future, with Burrow QBing, and the weapons you have. Just doing their "homework" will not only show them the primary weak link (i.e. O-line), but where on that line. I still believe this team, offensively, is on the right path, and can blossom if they fix that line. As for O-line coach Turner? Hard to evaluate with the rash of injuries to that line over last season and now.

But I will inject this ... IF the Bengals do, at some point, decide to part ways with Taylor, I hope the go with someone with more of a defensive pedigree. You can get you a good offensive coordinator to go with the talent you have.
    I’m hoping the Vikings fire Zimmer and the Bengals bring him back with the caveat that he hires a quality offensive coordinator and keeps his hands off of it and focus strictly on the defense.

Turner isn’t getting a pass from any Bengals fan just based on the fact he should have never been hired to begin with.

Bengals need another receiver opposite Higgins to build around. Jamarr Chase, DeVonta Smith, or Kyle Pitts would be ideal if Sewell isn’t there or the Bengals do a dead cat bounce.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

13. Likes:

GAC (12-01-2020),RiverRat13 (11-30-2020)

Spot on, as usual:

Then you look at the rest of the North. The Steelers are perfect, the Browns (8-3) are perfectly respectable. The Ravens are having a down year, but their roster is the ’67 Packers compared to Cincinnati’s. We’d say thank God the Bengals are playing the terrible NFC East this year, but the Bengals are 0-2-1 against the East, with a game against Dallas to go.

So, when Mike Brown, Zac Taylor and the rest tell you how much progress this team made, or how much losing Burrow affected their season, sneeze a lot and walk away. The record is what it is, the roster is large with OK-ness. They didn’t close the gap in the North. If anything, they’re deeper in the basement than they were last year.

We’ve been drugged by losing for so long, we’re numb to it. Fans either choose to drop off their hope at the nearest thrift store or hang on zombie-like, because they love football. The more seasons change, the more they don’t.
    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...on/6463214002/
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Burrow to have surgery next week in LA according to Lap...

16. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (11-30-2020),RiverRat13 (11-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I’m hoping the Vikings fire Zimmer and the Bengals bring him back with the caveat that he hires a quality offensive coordinator and keeps his hands off of it and focus strictly on the defense.

Turner isn’t getting a pass from any Bengals fan just based on the fact he should have never been hired to begin with.

Bengals need another receiver opposite Higgins to build around. Jamarr Chase, DeVonta Smith, or Kyle Pitts would be ideal if Sewell isn’t there or the Bengals do a dead cat bounce.
    This is going to be a loaded WR class again this year, and there could be some good receivers available in free agency like Allen Robinson, Kenny Golladay, Corey Davis, Will Fuller, and Curtis Samuel. Chris Godwin will be a free agent too, but I'd expect him to be back in TB. I think it should be pretty easy to get a #3 WR without using the 1st and possibly even 2nd round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    It's interesting what people say, when you look into it a little bit:

"Meet your 2020 Cincinnati Bengals. They never stop fighting. For the most part."

And as far as Burrow "liking" Taylor. Find me a quote where Burrow says anything he DOESN'T like, besides Skyline Chili.

I watched most of the game yesterday. These kids are lost. Outgunned? Yesterday? Maybe, until Jones went down. Then it was a pretty even playing field. Then they were just outcoached. By the Giants.

There was one play in particular, on the Giants first possession, where you can watch Jones come up to the line and dissect Lou's ****ty defensive scheme in like 5 seconds, and lob a ball over the top for a big gain.

If I am the Hamilton County Commissioner and they bring back the coaching staff next season, I'm changing the locks at PBS and putting everything out to the curb.

They didn't go all in on the rebuild...Atkins, Dunlap, Green...they always sign guys a year too late or fail to deal when prices are high...boggles the mind that this occurs with both baseball and football franchises in this town.

As far as Burrow goes you can bet that the franchise will check in with him when it comes to Zach's future here...as he is the franchise. What Burrow says has weight...

Burrow is seeing the same surgeon who did Brady's knee... Dr. Neal ElAttrache of Kerlan-Jobe.

Rams head physician and has worked in the field since the 90's...

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    This is going to be a loaded WR class again this year, and there could be some good receivers available in free agency like Allen Robinson, Kenny Golladay, Corey Davis, Will Fuller, and Curtis Samuel. Chris Godwin will be a free agent too, but I'd expect him to be back in TB. I think it should be pretty easy to get a #3 WR without using the 1st and possibly even 2nd round pick.
    Unless one of them slips which is possible most of the receiver talent projects to be first round.

Jamarr Chase
    DeVonta Smith
    Rashod Bateman
    Jaylen Waddle
    Terrace Marshall Jr
    Rondale Moore
    Kyle Pitts (TE)

Chris Olave, Kedarius Toney, or Kylin Wallace might be options later in the draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?