Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    If they do get Sewell, the Bengals coaching job gets a whole lot more exciting. You could have a scenario where you have your bookend T's and a franchise QB cheep, and the ability to lock them up for a long time.

I can dream, but if you go Sewell and Wyatt Davis in the 2nd, you have 4/5 of the OLine figured out.
    Dream is all we've had for the last three decades, or the average lifespan of a man in pre-revolutionary United States.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 12-01-2020 at 12:02 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Wyatt Davis isn’t going second round. It’s a nice dream though.
    He's probably not falling to 35, but most mock drafts have him late 20s. That's a spot where you could pretty easily trade up from 35.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    He's probably not falling to 35, but most mock drafts have him late 20s. That's a spot where you could pretty easily trade up from 35.
    Mock Drafts may as well be pulled out of a hat this year. Anyone predicted at 20 could go 50 or 60.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Wyatt Davis isn’t going second round. It’s a nice dream though.
    I looked at Dane Bugler's first mock draft and didn't think I saw Davis in there. I guess I missed him because he was going in the twenty's to Buffalo.

The best thing going forward is for them to lose every game, get the highest pick they can, and continue to rebuild the line. Winning another game would be stupid, so put Finley in there and let him go!

The way it currently stacks up, both NYJ and Jacksonville need QB's, so the Bengals may very well get the best OL in while to come out of college.

6. Likes:

Benihana (12-02-2020)

Based on his 2019 production and tape, Jamarr Chase is the best WR prospect I have seen in years. Tee Higgins has shown great potential, but from my view, Jeudy, Lamb and Jefferson are the top rookie receivers. Chase did everything Jefferson does, only better for LSU in 2019.
    He gets better separation in his routes, he is more explosive after the catch, and he is even faster on deep routes.
    Unless you can get a franchise can’t miss QB or Offensive left tackle, he should be the pick for any team drafting in the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Mock Drafts may as well be pulled out of a hat this year. Anyone predicted at 20 could go 50 or 60.
    Certainly. But historically guards don't go early in the draft outside of Quenton Nelson, who was pretty unique. I think it's pretty reasonable to expect Davis to still be available into the 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Certainly. But historically guards don't go early in the draft outside of Quenton Nelson, who was pretty unique. I think it's pretty reasonable to expect Davis to still be available into the 20s.
    I normally don’t trust any mocks until Kiper/McShay start theirs. It’s a guesstimate right now but once the “insiders” start theirs you usually see everyone else change.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Unless one of them slips which is possible most of the receiver talent projects to be first round.

Jamarr Chase
    DeVonta Smith
    Rashod Bateman
    Jaylen Waddle
    Terrace Marshall Jr
    Rondale Moore
    Kyle Pitts (TE)

Chris Olave, Kedarius Toney, or Kylin Wallace might be options later in the draft.
    I'd wait until the 3rd at least to draft a WR. Big oof Egg Bowl incident aside, I really like Elijah Moore. A few other names - Tylan Wallace, Dyami Brown (may return to UNC), Tamorrion Terry, Marquez Stevenson, and Anthony Schwartz (hopefully a better pro than John Ross).
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Based on his 2019 production and tape, Jamarr Chase is the best WR prospect I have seen in years. Tee Higgins has shown great potential, but from my view, Jeudy, Lamb and Jefferson are the top rookie receivers. Chase did everything Jefferson does, only better for LSU in 2019.
    He gets better separation in his routes, he is more explosive after the catch, and he is even faster on deep routes.
    Unless you can get a franchise can’t miss QB or Offensive left tackle, he should be the pick for any team drafting in the top 10.
    The Bengals need help on the OL and DL. Drafting Chase would be a horrible decision as it doesn't help keep Burrow upright or help the defensive pass rush.

I think Dallas will take Sewell if they are ahead of the Bengals. Same with the Chargers.

I will be very disappointed if the Bengals only use the draft to address the offensive line. They need to sign at least one impact guy in free agency. Expecting two rookies to fix the line isn't much better of a plan than what they did this year.

And I still disagree that WR isn't a need. I'd be fine if they went that route in free agency. But having a guy who can quickly create separation so Burrow can get the ball out quicker also helps protect him. I wouldn't pass on Sewell to take Chase, but if they flub up the tank and pick 5th or 6th, I'd much rather they go hard on the offensive line in free agency and then take Chase.

13. Likes:

Rdirtypirates (12-01-2020)

WR is definitely a need - a speed guy who can make big plays like Green used to or Ross was supposed to, would be ideal - and so is CB, but OL and pass-rush are probably bigger needs, depending on how free agency goes.

They need to use free agency, the draft, and - gasp - perhaps even trades to address this team. I think we all agree ther.

15. Likes:

Boss-Hog (12-01-2020),RiverRat13 (12-01-2020)

Rumors are swirling that Denver will fire Fangio...If I am Taylor and save my own skin I would run to hire him for the defense.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

"So Fla Red"

The Dallas game seems to be the only winnable one left on the schedule

Phllly/Dallas also still play later in the year. As those two are the main competition for the #3 pick. I assume Bengals would lose the Philly tiebreaker due to SOS

Somehow the Chargers are 3-8 and they don't have an easy schedule

2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

Don’t know how he’s fit defensively but even coming off injury, would Bud Dupree be worth looking into in the offseason? I could see the Steelers letting him walk and draft a replacement.

One of most infuriating picks to me was the Bengals taking Ced and Dupree going one pick later. It’s the UK homer in me I admit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Rumors are swirling that Denver will fire Fangio...If I am Taylor and save my own skin I would run to hire him for the defense.
    Fangio would likely have his pick of jobs. Hard to see him choosing Cincinnati

Fangio hasn't been great, but they should fire Elway first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turn Off Ads?