Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

Jacksonville almost pulled one out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Wow, that Tua is amazing. Leading his team to 19 whole points against this juggernaut Bengals defense that was on the field the entire 2nd half because their offense is incompetent.

Herbert is a stud, but Tua is nowhere near Burrow's level. Maybe he gets there, but he isn't now.
    I dunno, Tua's just 4-1 in his first 5 games with 7 TD's, 0 INT's, and a QBR and Passer Rating that are both higher than Burrow's. All of this coming off of a devastating hip injury that many thought could be career ending. Saying that he's nowhere near Burrow's level reeks of homerism.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin90 View Post
    I dunno, Tua's just 4-1 in his first 5 games with 7 TD's, 0 INT's, and a QBR and Passer Rating that are both higher than Burrow's. All of this coming off of a devastating hip injury that many thought could be career ending. Saying that he's nowhere near Burrow's level reeks of homerism.
    He looked good today but the Denver game was ugly...he like Burrow will put up some good stats and all 3 QB's will make football fun for the next 10 years or so. Not sure why you always need to get these comparisons going Burrow vs this guy or that guy...enjoy watching all 3.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-06-2020)

This is his second year

They had the first pick in every round of the draft.

They spent tens of millions of dollars on free agency.

And they might actually be worse now.

It’s almost incomprehensible

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Zac needs to go. The lack of discipline and execution is frightening.
    Last edited by UKFlounder; 12-06-2020 at 05:11 PM.

7. Likes:

Larkin90 (12-06-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

The fighting, and especially that retaliatory hit on the punt, tell me that Taylor has lost the team. He needs to go now.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    This is his second year

They corny tens of millions of dollars on free agency.

Whatever rebuild blueprint they are following needs to be burned...

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    He looked good today but the Denver game was ugly...he like Burrow will put up some good stats and all 3 QB's will make football fun for the next 10 years or so. Not sure why you always need to get these comparisons going Burrow vs this guy or that guy...enjoy watching all 3.
    I guess because, deep down, I'm jealous. When do the Bengals get to have a Tom Brady or a Ben Roethlisberger or a Peyton Manning or a Patrick Mahomes? When do the Bengals get to have a QB who is considered one of the GOAT, a sure-fire HOF, multi SB winner, year after year after year? Sure, we've had guys like Palmer and Dalton and Cook and Anderson (and Burrow will probably end up on this list as a "what might have been") who have plenty of talent, but either end up injured or Bengalized or both. I want my team to have what the other teams have and it pisses me off that we never do.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin90 View Post
    I guess because, deep down, I'm jealous. When do the Bengals get to have a Tom Brady or a Ben Roethlisberger or a Peyton Manning or a Patrick Mahomes? When do the Bengals get to have a QB who is considered one of the GOAT, a sure-fire HOF, multi SB winner, year after year after year? Sure, we've had guys like Palmer and Dalton and Cook and Anderson (and Burrow will probably end up on this list as a "what might have been") who have plenty of talent, but either end up injured or Bengalized or both. I want my team to have what the other teams have and it pisses me off that we never do.
    That's more an organizational short coming though...bad drafts, bad luck, bad football philosophy.

Let Burrow be Burrow...and pray Mike Brown sees the light...maybe Jacob Marley visits him Christmas eve.

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-06-2020)

Here's a stat that Bengals' fans would have a hard time understanding...

Sean McVay is 32-0 when leading at the Half for the RAMS.

None of this apparently has rubbed off on Taylor.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Here's a stat that Bengals' fans would have a hard time understanding...

Sean McVay is 32-0 when leading at the Half for the RAMS.

None of this apparently has rubbed off on Taylor.
    ZT is a whole new level of ineptitude, even for this franchise. If he makes it through the end of this season without another win, I'd say there's a strong argument that he's put out the worst 2 season coaching performance in the history of professional sports. Hue Jackson's 2 seasons in Cleveland would be a close 2nd, but he had way less talent on his roster as that team was purposefully "tanking" by almost any standard and everyone knew it.

Beat writers are speculating that there may be repercussions from this loss...stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Beat writers are speculating that there may be repercussions from this loss...stay tuned.
    ESPN doing some of it ... https://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati...zac-taylor-era

A lack of discipline is not something one wants on their resume. Because that's directly pointed at the coaching staff.

This season has been a disaster for the fans, and the rash of key injuries worsened a bad situation (Burrow, Mixon, OL). I was shaking my head yesterday as they were carting Jonah off the field with a knee injury.

Will the "new" Brown's management cut ties or give him another season?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Hopefully Jonah doesn't have a torn ACL. If he does, then I would target two tackles and plan on Jonah playing inside whenever he's healthy enough to come back.

Watching the video from ESPN that GAC linked, it is amazing that there were two officials watching the Boyd play and somehow he's the only one who got a penalty. By no means should Zac get let off the hook for the way the team melted down, but the officiating in that game was terrible and was a contributor for it getting out of hand. The Dolphins had several borderline plays after the whistle that could have been flagged. Of course, the Bengals played the chump again and reacted poorly. Shawn Williams should get suspended for stomping on a leg and throwing punches in the brawl.

18. Likes:

GAC (12-10-2020)

Taylor has lost the team. And the two great catalysts for having done so have been the offensive line and coaching. All other failures, and there have been many, can be excused. Why?

- Because the offensive line failure has been catastrophic and has created a snowball effect, tumbling everything else downward.
    - Because the failures of the coaching staff with the exception of Darrin Simmons, has been catastrophic and has created a snowball effect, tumbling everything else downward.

Burrow's injury? 2 guys got pushed back into Burrow at the same time.
    Jonah's injury yesterday? His own guy got pushed back and rolled under his leg.

Injuries happen. But these really do strike me as self-inflicted both literally and figuratively. And this is the franchise QB and the guy protecting his blindside. Inexcusable.

Then there is the coaching. At the bare minimum, the Offensive Line Coach and Defensive Coordinator need to go. Turner and Hooch. Speaking of the offensive line... What were they doing during the big brawl yesterday? This picture sums it up pretty well:

The Bengals are a team of individuals. And that will happen in an organization that isn't merit-based. Dunlap will you tell the same thing, and Pete Carroll will quickly agree.
    - Mike Brown has no comment at this time, other than to remind everyone in the office to keep the thermostat at 67, no exceptions.
    - Katie Bug and Troy are still on the slopes and also could not be reached for comment.
    - Andrew Brown called from the Season Tickets office again, but that doesn't really count. Although it just further illustrates the point.
    - Bob Bedinghaus and Elizabeth Blackburn from the Business Development Office might shed some light?
    - Or perhaps Stadium Operations can shed some light? Let's ask the Managing Director. Eric Brown.

https://www.bengals.com/team/front-office-roster/

I guess we're back into Dead Horse territory. Fair enough. But if they do fire Taylor, Darrin Simmons is next man up and they are also out an Offensive Coordinator.

This team is a mess. But firing the coaches? It would be like replacing all the deckchairs with wobbly legs on the Titanic with brand new deck chairs with wobbly legs.

Top to bottom. The nepotism, cronyism, and lack of accountability from this franchise... As a fan, it breaks your heart. As a Hamilton County resident, I'm looking forward to when we can get Mike Brown's Dog and Pony show off the books. 2026. Even if Burrow recovers, he should already have left town by that point too, and for the same reason.

Speaking of accountability and the spoils system... The NFL Draft body of work from Team Tobin has been a sight to behold too, hasn't it? Just one bullseye after another, amirite?!
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 12-07-2020 at 08:45 AM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

20. Likes:

Larkin90 (12-07-2020),WVRed (12-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    This is his second year

They spent tens of millions of dollars on free agency.

No defending Zac here, just pointing out there was a reason they had the first pick in every round this season.

The team was trending down when he took over, and he knew that. The had a lot of money tied up in Dalton, Green, Atkins, and Dunlap who were at the tail end of their careers. They also had years of horrid drafting, especially in the 1st, that led to the tam being in the position it is today.

This was a multi year rebuild any way you looked at it. They did address the defense last off season, which you could argue it should have been the inverse, they should have addressed the Offense.

I can't believe anyone would look at the current version of the Bengals and think they would have been much better than what they have done so far this season. There were some surprises, Dunlap quitting, Green being awful, Burrow getting hurt, but they needed talent up and down the roster.

I don't buy the comparison between the Dolphins and Bengals. The Dolphins had 6 picks in the first three rounds this year, you can build a team very quickly from that.

I don't really care if they give Taylor another year or not. He hasn't earned anything, but he was given a pretty bad hand to start. The most important thing for the organization as a whole is they have their QB of the future. Its far easier to build a team with your QB than it is without one.

22. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-07-2020)

Turn Off Ads?