Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

The Bengals.... on Monday Night Football .... at Home .... QB Finley vs the Pittsburgh Steelers defense.

Isn't there already enough senseless violence on TV? LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    The Bengals.... on Monday Night Football .... at Home .... QB Finley vs the Pittsburgh Steelers defense.

Isn't there already enough senseless violence on TV? LOL
    I have to be up for work at 3 am so I won’t be watching it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The Steelers -14.5 seems like free money, which is crazy to say about a line that high.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

5. Likes:

GAC (12-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    The Steelers -14.5 seems like free money, which is crazy to say about a line that high.
    Are they gonna rest some players or let them mend more? They're in a battle for the #1 seed in the AFC, as well as the division title, plus they've lost their last two games, so I doubt it. Could be a halftime decision though (lol).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Normally, I'd say this has all the classic makings of a dead-cat-bounce game.

But it's Monday night. Strike One.
    Finley. Strike Two.
    Steelers still trying to clinch. Strike Three.

I think the Steelers win by only 14 because they let off the gas and just run the ball in the 2nd half. The last thing the Steelers want is to get Taylor fired. So a blowout is probably not in the cards. There's a reason why Vegas has it at 14.5 and not 28+, and that's the reason.

Bengals 13
    Steelers 27
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

I'm hoping the Steelers destroy them with 3 Pick-6's. Mike Brown needs to be embarrassed.

Hoping it's 63-0 Steelers.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I want to know who on the NFL schedule-making committee thought this was worthy of being a Monday Night game, especially after that Monday Night absurdity last year. Do they just hate ESPN?

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    I want to know who on the NFL schedule-making committee thought this was worthy of being a Monday Night game, especially after that Monday Night absurdity last year. Do they just hate ESPN?
    The #1 overall pick playing at home against the Steelers.

All of Sean McVay's coaching tree should be fired if the Rams lose to the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    The #1 overall pick playing at home against the Steelers.
    They need to do like SNF and be able to flex games. That way there can be competitive games in prime time and not the Bengals embarrassing themselves under the lights.

That said I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if this is the beginning of the dead cat bounce. Pittsburgh has been gassed of late and they still have a rough finish to their schedule.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    All of Sean McVay's coaching tree should be fired if the Rams lose to the Jets.
    Wow I am in shock Jags are in control of #1...Bengals could move to #2 as the Jets are playing better than the Bengals right now.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Wow I am in shock Jags are in control of #1...Bengals could move to #2 as the Jets are playing better than the Bengals right now.
    Yeah, the Greg Williams special may end up costing the Bengals the second pick.

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-20-2020)

If the Jets finish with the second pick I will start to worry.

Lawrence will go first regardless of the Jets or Jaguars.

At 2 though, I’m not convinced Fields goes second anymore after yesterday although the playoff will tell the tale there. Same with Wilson. I think Sewell goes second to the Jets to pair with Becton and the Jets get in on the Carson Wentz sweepstakes. Or they trade down to someone wanting a QB or Sewell.

Either way I’m not as optimistic about the Bengals getting Sewell as I was 24 hours ago.

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-20-2020),wolfboy (12-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    If the Jets finish with the second pick I will start to worry.

Lawrence will go first regardless of the Jets or Jaguars.

At 2 though, I’m not convinced Fields goes second anymore after yesterday although the playoff will tell the tale there. Same with Wilson. I think Sewell goes second to the Jets to pair with Becton and the Jets get in on the Carson Wentz sweepstakes. Or they trade down to someone wanting a QB or Sewell.

Either way I’m not as optimistic about the Bengals getting Sewell as I was 24 hours ago.
    Wentz seems like a clone of Darnold not sure they would go there I could see them trading down though or taking the lineman...Bengals will have options at #3 as that pick becomes extremely valuable if the Jets take Sewell.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

19. Likes:

RiverRat13 (12-20-2020)

Wentz seems like a clone of Darnold not sure they would go there I could see them trading down though or taking the lineman...Bengals will have options at #3 as that pick becomes extremely valuable if the Jets take Sewell.
    That's a nightmare scenario.
    Jets take Sewell at #2, The Brown/Blackburn/Tobin brain trust totally caught off guard and now are on the clock.

That's when they panic and select someone that everyone else has halfway down the board or more.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

21. Likes:

WVRed (12-21-2020)

Turn Off Ads?