Turn Off Ads?
Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Since they've drafted so poorly recently, there really weren't any extension candidates at the time.
    Ha, I hadn't thought about it this way. Only the Bengals would have this kind of upside (actually trying in free agency) to a run of bad drafts.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Turn Off Ads?

AJ Green could be playing his last game for the Bengals.

Heck of a 10 yr run for him one of my favorite Bengals of all time. Hoping he gets a score tomorrow to go out on top.

Could also be Lawson's last game and WJ III.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

4. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-02-2021),Stray (01-03-2021),wolfboy (01-02-2021)

1. AJ is gone. The Post-Bengal Zen he has shown of late, confirms as much. You learn to recognize it after a while. It's a not deer-in-the-headlights Bengalized look. It more of a "I'm daydreaming about a crush I have" kind of look. Good for AJ.

2. Fitz and Cam? 0% chance of signing with the Bengals next season.

3. I think Allen, like Dalton and Fitz, should be able to compete for a starting QB position if they wanted to.

4. One Bengal tested positive for COVID, and there may be many more out for tomorrow's game once they finish contact tracing.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Yeah I saw Daniels tested positive and as many as 10 more could be out due to contact tracing.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

—-Allen is 28 and was out of the league when the bengals called him to be emergency covid QB. He’s not competing to start anywhere - and would be thrilled to be back here. He’s a good back-up who we now know can win a game or two. Can have him cheap and save FA money for line.

—-Green has lost so many steps he’s practically a gentle incline. Addition by subtraction and glad it is ending amicably.

—-if Daniels is ground zero for contact tracing , that’s prob our entire defensive line. They literally would have almost no one to stop the ravens run game then. So, definite L in that case. Good for everyone who wants them to stay around 5.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    —-Allen is 28 and was out of the league when the bengals called him to be emergency covid QB. He’s not competing to start anywhere - and would be thrilled to be back here. He’s a good back-up who we now know can win a game or two. Can have him cheap and save FA money for line.

—-Green has lost so many steps he’s practically a gentle incline. Addition by subtraction and glad it is ending amicably.

—-if Daniels is ground zero for contact tracing , that’s prob our entire defensive line. They literally would have almost no one to stop the ravens run game then. So, definite L in that case. Good for everyone who wants them to stay around 5.
    Everyone loses steps after a while. But the great ones compensate for that with growth in other areas. I guess I was hoping AJ was one of the greats. Injuries may play a part in that. He may not be finished.

Allen has ties to Taylor as well. I think that and Burrow's injury history suggests he will resign here.

I thought it was totally worth it to beat the Steelers. I'd rather they lose this last one. Sound like it'll be the practice squad anyway, so no pride lost by losing this one. Locking in pick #5 though would be a good thing at this point.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

No way the Bengals were beating Baltimore and with Daniels out along with several others it seals the deal. Fields stepping up last night makes the draft even more interesting and I firmly believe Sewell will be there at #5 now more than ever. If I am the Jets that #2 pick becomes super valuable and I would have to believe some team will bowl the Jets over with an offer. I also think Miami goes wideout at #4.

Good to see Burrow walking without the aid of crutches as well.
    Last edited by KoryMac5; 01-02-2021 at 03:21 PM.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

HEY! The si.com piece mid-week on coming coaching changes was not bull****. Dragon, Ben Baby and Elise Jesse all reporting Jim Turner is out. Thank god. Also Nick Eason (d-line coach) and a defensive assistant. More changes likely.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/...ltiple-coaches

Also, THIS is really interesting (more evidence that Katie and Troy are at the helm and not the old man...):

The front office told Taylor that he needed to make changes to his staff or they would revisit the conversation at a higher level, according to sources.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-02-2021)

"Make changes or else" isn't really Mike Brown's style - nor, as I pointed out a page back re: the mid-week article - is sending that message before the end of the season.

I like this. I like this a lot. I expect that FA will be really interesting again - this time focused on o-line.

13. Likes:

RiverRat13 (01-02-2021)

Wonder if they can hire the edler Callahan away from the Browns if they give him an assistant head coach title.

HEY! The si.com piece mid-week on coming coaching changes was not bull****. Dragon, Ben Baby and Elise Jesse all reporting Jim Turner is out. Thank god. Also Nick Eason (d-line coach) and a defensive assistant. More changes likely.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/...ltiple-coaches

Also, THIS is really interesting (more evidence that Katie and Troy are at the helm and not the old man...):
    WOW!!!

Could they take the necessary step we've waited generations for? Could they hire a G.M. and give him control of the football operations?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

They have a GM. It's Tobin. Not sure why you and others get stuck on that. Whether they call him that or not, he is the GM with regard to the on-field stuff. Katie and Troy do the contracts.

They have a GM. It's Tobin. Not sure why you and others get stuck on that. Whether they call him that or not, he is the GM with regard to the on-field stuff. Katie and Troy do the contracts.
    And he is a piss poor one. I think the run of first round picks from 2015-2018 was worse than any four year stretch, even in the 90s. WJax is ok, but Ogbuehi-Ross-Price is mind-boggingly awful.
    Go BLUE!!!

Sure. But he’s the GM. It’s not like they don’t have one. And he was on a heater from 2010 - 2014 before those misses - and looks like the last few have been ok. Regardless, he’s the GM.

I was looking back over the Bengals drafts right before their Super Bowl in 81. They took Munoz with the #3 pick in 1980. Whiffed on all the other picks. Then in 1981 they took Vesser with the #10 pick, which was a whiff, the selected Collinsworth in the 2nd round, and whiffed on all the other picks.

They need to find a way to get Sewell. He really does seem like the missing piece. Assuming full Burrow recovery of course.

Turn Off Ads?