Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post

I still think we beat them in December.
    I think it will be a good game but the Steelers will win. Baltimore is much more winnable.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    "So Fla Red"

#7 Pick

Steelers have to be the least impressive 9-0 team ever. 3-0 vs. NFC East and Broncos as the AFC West crossover opponent

Other than Ravens and Titans they have had a cakewalk schedule with Jags and Redskins two of next three weeks

Big advantage in 2020 to experienced QBs + teams with creative offensive playcalling

Lamar did not look good vs. the Patriots and seems to not play well in primetime. He needs to step up with the Thanksgiving night game vs. Pittsburgh

4. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I think it will be a good game but the Steelers will win. Baltimore is much more winnable.
    Mark it. We beat the Steelers in December, and it's by more than 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this is crazy:

Paul Dehner Jr.
    @pauldehnerjr
    ·
    32m
    Scanning the Bengals defensive snap counts from Sunday, five of the 14 players getting at least 40 percent of the snaps were either not on the roster entering the season or positional afterthoughts.

You sometimes forget how ugly the attrition has been over there.
    Paul Dehner Jr.
    @pauldehnerjr

Replying to
    @pauldehnerjr
    Here's the list:

CB Tony Brown 97% (6th on depth chart)
    CB Jalen Davis 70% (signed to PS 10/27)
    DT Christian Covington 68% (trade at final cuts)
    DT Xavier Williams 47% (FA 10/14)
    DE Amani Bledsoe 42% (FA 8/15)
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

6. Likes:

Hoosier Red (11-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Lamar did not look good vs. the Patriots and seems to not play well in primetime. He needs to step up with the Thanksgiving night game vs. Pittsburgh
    Lamar was amazing last year and has been much better overall than I expected. That said, if I'm the Ravens, I think long and hard about extending him after his rookie deal. Picking up his 5th year option is a no-brainer, but giving him 6-8 years after that will be a huge gamble unless he shows over the next season and a half that he can consistently win via the passing game.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this is crazy:
    Add Khalid Kareem to that list(though he was only at 26 snaps(36%) yesterday.
    He wasn't exactly a positional afterthought, but he sure as hell wasn't someone i thought was going to be playing a significant role.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

"So Fla Red"

Similar to Lamar (at $30-40M a year likely) the Browns will also have an interesting decision with Mayfield

I would probably take Murray over Lamar going forward and not even close in my mind. Although Murray is in a perfect fit with a fast home track and weather friendly NFC West

#Bengals OL grades vs PIT:

Trey Hopkins: 72.8
    Hakeem Adeniji: 60.0
    Quinton Spain: 58.7
    Alex Redmond: 52.9
    Michael Jordan: 49.0

Adeniji has been a pleasant surprise. I would think the O Line will look very different next game.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Similar to Lamar (at $30-40M a year likely) the Browns will also have an interesting decision with Mayfield

I would probably take Murray over Lamar going forward and not even close in my mind. Although Murray is in a perfect fit with a fast home track and weather friendly NFC West
    Murray is a much more accurate thrower.

And if I'm the Browns I give Mayfield the 5th year (which is expensive for a QB) but no way I give him an extension unless he shows a ton more improvement. I might offer a similar deal to what Dalton got where the team can get out of it after a couple of years.

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    #Bengals OL grades vs PIT:

Trey Hopkins: 72.8
    Hakeem Adeniji: 60.0
    Quinton Spain: 58.7
    Alex Redmond: 52.9
    Michael Jordan: 49.0

Adeniji has been a pleasant surprise. I would think the O Line will look very different next game.
    Please, no more Redmond. And I know the staff loves Jordan, but if everyone is healthy, I'd go Jonah, Spain, Hopkins, XSF, Hart.

My biggest fear is that Adenji is this year's Fred Johnson - shows just enough that the staff deludes itself into believing they are okay at that position. If he's a starter at tackle, then the team has to get much better inside.
    Last edited by RiverRat13; 11-16-2020 at 03:06 PM.

14. Likes:

Boss-Hog (11-16-2020)

Anthony Munoz and willie Anderson both praising Adeniji - seems like their opinions might matter?
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-16-2020)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this is crazy:
    I think our D.C. has done a great job considering. They did well Saturday, but the Offense and Special Teams kept them on the field way too long in the 1st half.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Anthony Munoz and willie Anderson both praising Adeniji - seems like their opinions might matter?
    This is good to hear. The Bengals haven't gotten anything on either line from later in the draft in so long I can't even remember the last time.

It does look like they hit on most of the draft this year. They have to string together 2-3 drafts before this is going to get very interesting.

It's really hard to evaluate Zac Taylor for a million reasons, but if they are picking top 5 again I hope they'd move on (but I know they probably won't.)
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Bengals interested in Deandre Baker who had charges dropped today...

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Bengals interested in Deandre Baker who had charges dropped today...
    This would make lots of sense for Cincinnati. But would it make sense for Baker?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    This would make lots of sense for Cincinnati. But would it make sense for Baker?
    He has a good shot at playing time here...Chiefs, 49'ers, and Jags have interest as well.

Turn Off Ads?