Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MLBTR has us signing Didi

MLBTR has us signing Didi

3 years for 39M. Good deal or no?

2. Likes:

goldglover9 (11-04-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLBTR has us signing Didi

I say no. From all indications Garcia is the SS of the future. A year in AAA would be beneficial. MLBTR has both Semien and Simmons signing one year deals. I would prefer either of these deals to signing Didi for three years.

Didn't they predict that last year?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

6. Likes:

Old school 1983 (11-04-2020)

No thanks.
    Go Gators!

I think all the money estimates are going to be waaaaaay off this year.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

9. Likes:

RiverRat13 (11-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I say no. From all indications Garcia is the SS of the future. A year in AAA would be beneficial. MLBTR has both Semien and Simmons signing one year deals. I would prefer either of these deals to signing Didi for three years.
    I agree that Garcia is the SS of the future, but he is going to need at least two years in the minors before that happens. Somebody has to play SS in the meantime. It’s probably going to take a multi-year deal to sign a FA SS to come to Cincinnati, who will be a legitimate upgrade over Galvis. May as well be DiDi as anyone else. And who’s to say that if Garcia surprises and is ready sooner, that DiDi can’t slide over to 2B at some point?

I like both Simmons and Semien. I have heard the rumors of potential one-year deals, but I will believe it when I see it. I would be happy with any of the three manning SS in 2021 and 2022 if needed.
    Last edited by MikeS21; 11-04-2020 at 08:49 AM.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

11. Likes:

goldglover9 (11-04-2020),redsmetz (11-05-2020)

With payrolls down this year, I think we will see more one year deals by players wishing to establish their values ahead of payrolls getting back to nearly normal in 2022. The perfect deal for some players might be a two year deal with an opt-out after year 1. That would permit the player to establish value for 2022 while enjoying a modicum of security in the event that he is hurt next year or that 2021 does not return payrolls to earlier levels.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    With payrolls down this year, I think we will see more one year deals by players wishing to establish their values ahead of payrolls getting back to nearly normal in 2022. The perfect deal for some players might be a two year deal with an opt-out after year 1. That would permit the player to establish value for 2022 while enjoying a modicum of security in the event that he is hurt next year or that 2021 does not return payrolls to earlier levels.
    I could see Semien going for a 1 year deal. After already taking the 1 year pillow deal with Phila, I think Didi would want at least two year's worth of security, maybe a third year option.

Haunted by walks

What about Didi at short and Garcia at second, then Garcia at short and Didi at second?

6 years too late

Why are we worried about having too many SS (or Middle infielders in general). Currently the Reds have nobody to play SS and a 3B to play 2B. Too many guys should be the last thing we worry about. We have no idea if Garcia will hit and it's not really a problem if he does. Having to many guys who can play isn't an issue. If they can sign Didi or Semien for 2 or 3 years to a deal where just a couple of WAR means he's earning his pay, they should do it.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

17. Likes:

Kinsm (11-05-2020),marcshoe (11-04-2020),Rojo Rijo (11-04-2020)

You absolutely sign Didi Gregorious. I like Garcia and love his potential but not jumping at the chance to get a borderline .800 OPS SS on a pretty decent deal because you believe in a 22 year old who has a .400 OPS in 67 ABs in 1 year is absolute stupidity. Even if Garcia knocks the door down you could still find ways to get him involved for a few years before needing SS opened up for him.

19. Likes:

757690 (11-04-2020),goldglover9 (11-04-2020),Kc61 (11-04-2020),Kinsm (11-05-2020),mth123 (11-04-2020),ochoa30 (11-04-2020),RedsFanInMS (11-04-2020)

What would Galvis cost if he was to return? Didi definitely has a better OPS (about 70 points) and a slightly higher OBP, but Galvis appears to have the better glove. If Freddie doesn't have many options and would sign for 8 - 10 per vs. 13-15...

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    What would Galvis cost if he was to return? Didi definitely has a better OPS (about 70 points) and a slightly higher OBP, but Galvis appears to have the better glove. If Freddie doesn't have many options and would sign for 8 - 10 per vs. 13-15...
    I think Galvis would cost half of what you propose and be thrilled about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I think Galvis would cost half of what you propose and be thrilled about it.
    Then I wouldn't be opposed to his return. Didi's numbers aren't that much better for that money difference...

Turn Off Ads?