Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney+ Star Wars

Disney+ Star Wars

So, I'm sure plenty of you have watched the season 2 premiere of the Mandalorian. Great series if you haven't watched it.

Other Disney+ SW news:

I can't remember if I or anyone else had already posted it (so I'll do it again)....but the Kenobi series that will air on Disney+ likely next fall or possibly 2022 is set to begin filming in four months time. Though, COVID could still change that date. Filming locations have not yet been announced.

Little has been announced about the Kenobi series other than it is supposed to be set eight years after the events of Revenge of the Sith and 11 years before a A New Hope, i.e. Luke will be a small child.

The Obi-Wan character will be played by none other than Ewan McGregor.

It is believed that the, currently called for six - one hour episode series will be set almost exclusively on the planet Tatooine; so expect plenty of Jawa, Tuskens, and perhaps even a Hutt or two. In addition to a young Luke, Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru.

2. Likes:

Bob Sheed (11-14-2020),Dom Heffner (11-17-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Disney+ Star Wars

Disney held an investor presentation yesterday, in it they divulged information on numerous Star Wars and Marvel projects...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...011913576.html

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/disn...235700297.html

5. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (12-15-2020),Z-Fly (12-15-2020)

I can’t describe how excited I am about the Rogue Squadron movie.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

The last 3 episodes of the Mandalorian were must see TV...so many ways that they can go with it. The movies Disney is putting out are lackluster but the TV side of things has not disappointed.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    The last 3 episodes of the Mandalorian were must see TV...so many ways that they can go with it. The movies Disney is putting out are lackluster but the TV side of things has not disappointed.
    I will still die on the hill Rogue One is a great Star Wars movie. The third act is perfect.

9. Likes:

Big Klu (11-16-2021),Danny Serafini (12-22-2020),savafan (12-28-2020),WrongVerb (04-05-2021)

I'm generally a sci-fi/fantasy geek, but I never really got into Star Wars. The movies always felt a little too "soap"y for me. But the Mandolorian series hooked me big time. I've been watching the Clone Wars animated series. It's been fun to get into a universe that's got much more content than I realized.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I'm generally a sci-fi/fantasy geek, but I never really got into Star Wars. The movies always felt a little too "soap"y for me. But the Mandolorian series hooked me big time. I've been watching the Clone Wars animated series. It's been fun to get into a universe that's got much more content than I realized.
    Clone Wars is definitely fun.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I will still die on the hill Rogue One is a great Star Wars movie. The third act is perfect.
    I didn't realize this was even a question. My fourth favorite SW film after the original trilogy.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

13. Likes:

RFS62 (12-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

I loved it too. It was perfect. Best robot ever too.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

The "Bad Batch" will debut on May 4th on Disney+

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I hate Star Wars.

Loved Rogue One. Loved The Mandalorian.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Pretty cool reading from 1976 about Star Wars...

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

18. Likes:

RiverRat13 (11-12-2021)

Disney Streaming 29th of December

Unfortunately looks like the Rogue Squadron movie isn’t going to happen

James Earl Jones is retiring from acting including voicing his iconic Star Wars character, Darth Vader, after nearly 40 years in the role.

But future Vader will continue to be voiced by him....

Vanity Fair reports that the actor, aged 91, has signed over the rights to his voice to filmmakers using new AI, technology, Matthew Wood of Lucasfilm told the magazine that the actor “wished to keep Vader alive”

22. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (09-24-2022)

Turn Off Ads?