Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: The 2020 Affiliation Dance - This year it's the BIG dance

Re: The 2020 Affiliation Dance - This year it's the BIG dance

Given that I'm a Wichita season ticket holder, I'd eventually like to know what organization and level I'll be watching. It looks like we'll be moved from AAA Marlins to AA Twins. Now, I actually kinda prefer that to tell you the truth, but I'm hoping that the franchise thinks they have to offer us something to keep season ticketholders happy since the franchise is getting "demoted".

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Given that I'm a Wichita season ticket holder, I'd eventually like to know what organization and level I'll be watching. It looks like we'll be moved from AAA Marlins to AA Twins. Now, I actually kinda prefer that to tell you the truth, but I'm hoping that the franchise thinks they have to offer us something to keep season ticketholders happy since the franchise is getting "demoted".
    From what it looks like, the franchise is offering you "be happy your team is still relevant in some way".

4. Likes:

BillDoran (12-07-2020)

For what it’s worth, the Appalachian League teams have released their schedule for the year. The league name remains the same. The season begins June 3rd and goes through August 7th. There is a playoff at the end of the regular schedule.
    Interesting to note that Pulaski is still in this league. They were one of the sites rumored for a higher affiliation when all this conversation began months ago. Good to see these locations still have baseball.
    Last edited by muddie; 12-07-2020 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Corrected dates

Quote Originally Posted by podgejeff_ View Post
    From what it looks like, the franchise is offering you "be happy your team is still relevant in some way".
    I think we might get a discount on our tickets. Don't really care if not, but I wouldn't be surprised. Now, I'm literally in the front row behind the plate, and the tickets are $14....so a discount is not necessary or that big a deal!

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    For what it’s worth, the Appalachian League teams have released their schedule for the year. The league name remains the same. The season begins June 3rd and goes through August 7th. There is a playoff at the end of the regular schedule.
    Interesting to note that Pulaski is still in this league. They were one of the sites rumored for a higher affiliation when all this conversation began months ago. Good to see these locations still have baseball.
    I have family that live in the Pulaski area. Great ballpark. The Owner has a ton of investments around the area. I think it became much more a case of go with the flow and who you know than fight for MILB affiliation.

The fans will support the young kids there for sure. They've had a multitude of affiliations in the last couple of decades and staying with the Appy makes sense for now.

...who's to say in a few years that a MLB knocks on there door to create an affiliation. (really for an MILB team / ballpark that got axed)
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I think we might get a discount on our tickets. Don't really care if not, but I wouldn't be surprised. Now, I'm literally in the front row behind the plate, and the tickets are $14....so a discount is not necessary or that big a deal!
    Super jealous.

And I'm with you on preferring AA (and the Twins) to AAA (and the Marlins), all things considered.

9. Likes:

Boston Red (12-08-2020)

I'm in Jax. I'll take your AAA Marlins.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

JJ Cooper says MLB tentatively plans to release the list of 120 teams Wednesday.

12. Likes:

Ron Madden (12-07-2020)

Is tomorrow still the current expected date? Or, has there been another change ?

It makes sense to be this week. Since it’s the winter meetings and everything.

Never mind, Jax’s post wasn’t showing at first.

So technically what JJ Cooper says it that the 120 teams will get their invites Wed. Teams like Daytona and Chattanooga will know if they have been offered a slot. They then have to accept. For some like Fresno that might be an issue, though I assume that has been worked out.

Teams will have to sign 10 year deals and agree not to sue (unless that's been changed). So if a team declines, someone who didn't make the cut could jump back in.

I have to assume word will start leaking out even if MLB doesn't release the list.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    So technically what JJ Cooper says it that the 120 teams will get their invites Wed. Teams like Daytona and Chattanooga will know if they have been offered a slot. They then have to accept. For some like Fresno that might be an issue, though I assume that has been worked out.

Teams will have to sign 10 year deals and agree not to sue (unless that's been changed). So if a team declines, someone who didn't make the cut could jump back in.

I have to assume word will start leaking out even if MLB doesn't release the list.
    What a clown show. It's like The Bachelor for minor league franchises. Put Rob Manfred in a stock at the public square.

16. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (12-08-2020),KYExtemper (12-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    What a clown show. It's like The Bachelor for minor league franchises. Put Rob Manfred in a stock at the public square.
    Yeah, this is truly insane and an absolute train wreck waiting to happen.

Minor league owners who feel jilted by the language will absolutely release details. Fans of those teams are going to be ticked.

And baseball pays the price yet again.

Useless and corrupt.

What a combination.

18. Likes:

BillDoran (12-08-2020),KYExtemper (12-15-2020)

Rumors are starting to float out. Nothing that isn't in line with what we've been hearing recently. Louisville, AAA, Chattanooga AA, Dayton High A, Daytona, Low A. Starting to look like Lexington may be left out of affiliate ball and have to hook on with one of the amateur leagues.

And Bowling Green might be moving to another league.

Edit; Apparently since these are only offers, MLB has dictated that they are going to be matter of fact statements, Like the Reds have offered the following clubs PDC contracts.

Nothing like "we are pleased to reunite with Chattanooga". That way if Chattanooga (or any team) balks at the requirements, they can easily switch to another team.

So it's over.......but it ain't over.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 12-08-2020 at 11:07 PM.

Louisville Slugger Field gets a facelift: https://ballparkdigest.com/2020/12/0...ield-upgrades/

21. Likes:

Edd Roush (12-09-2020),Ron Madden (12-09-2020)

As had been expected, the Frederick Keys are no longer an MLB affiliate. The O’s High A team will be relocated.

Turn Off Ads?