Turn Off Ads?

Thread: RIP Alex Trebek

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

RIP Alex Trebek

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RIP Alex Trebek

Legend.

RIP.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

I'll always associate him with sitting down with my Dad after dinner to watch and trying to guess things I had no clue about.

RIP.
    Go Gators!

5. Likes:

757690 (11-08-2020),M2 (11-09-2020),Revering4Blue (11-08-2020)

"One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Who is the GOAT?

8. Likes:

M2 (11-09-2020)

How poetic that Alex Trebek outlived his arch nemesis Sean Connery by one week.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

10. Likes:

cincinnati chili (11-19-2020),cumberlandreds (11-13-2020),FlightRick (11-08-2020),kaldaniels (11-08-2020),M2 (11-09-2020),RFS62 (11-12-2020),RiverRat13 (11-09-2020),Stray (11-09-2020),WrongVerb (11-09-2020)

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

I was just about to post something joking about Burt Reynolds, on the assumption that he was still alive.

Turns out, he isn't. TREBEK WINS AGAIN~!

12. Likes:

cincinnati chili (11-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I'll always associate him with sitting down with my Dad after dinner to watch and trying to guess things I had no clue about.

RIP.
    My parents and I often did the same thing. When the categories were being revealed, my dad and I would chant "Show us sports! Sports! Sports!"
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

14. Likes:

goreds2 (11-14-2020),KronoRed (11-09-2020)

I can remember when Jeopardy re-started with Trebek. (I can vaguely remember Jeopardy when Art Fleming was the host) I was in college and was very excited to watch this every night. It was a challenge that I lost on most answers. Trebek was perfect for this game show. He was very personable and knew how to be empathetic with the contestants who didn't do so well. Whoever succeeds him has tremendous shoes to fill because there will never be another Alex Trebek. RIP Alex Trebek, thanks for all the great years of learning while entertaining.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

16. Likes:

goreds2 (11-14-2020)

Turn Off Ads?